Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Sears to Boise

5 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Can someone tell me how to feel about this?

Competition is always good. Classes are kinda screwed up at QB for Boise though. 

R-JR Jack Sears (4*, .9516)

R-SO Chase Cord (3*, .8550 technically a R-JR but eligible for 6th-year). I could see a transfer happen after he graduates.

t-SO Hank Bachmeier (4*, .9114)

r-SO Zach Matlock (walkon)

t-FR Andy Peters (walkon)

t-FR Cade Fennegan (2*, .7853 coming off LDS mission)

Yeah, pretty interesting BSU went after Sears. On one hand, we would have had some serious QB depth issues if Bach and Cord were to both get injured again next year.

On the other hand, I'm pretty curious what those two guys think about bringing in a high level transfer and how they will react to Sears coming in. Conversely, I wonder why Sears chose Boise with so much competition for playing time. This will definitely make for the most competitive fall camp QB battle since BSU went FBS...all 3 of those guys could start at a bunch of schools.

Will Roebuck follow him?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

22 minutes ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

I wonder if Cord's knees are just completely shot?

Cord (6'2/206) is taking the spring off after dealing with knee and shoulder injuries last season and now has undergone ankle surgery in the offseason. Both Cord and sophomore QB Hank Bachmeier dealt with extended injury induced absences last season as HC Bryan Harsin was forced to coach his way around the BSU quarterback position's attrition.

-Ron Counts (Statesman)

TITS!

19b49923a4287943a1a97c08ac8812f02474801b

From another thread:

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That’s the same hoes as the Haddaway video.

Speaking of blue, you got Hank or Jack as starter next year?

Hank...

@tailingpermit, would agree..

Sears will sit on the bench...  What does @bsu_alum9 say?

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/sports/local/boise-state-wants-qb-hank-bachmeier-to-build-off-whirlwind-freshman-season/article_ad6fcfe9-0428-54c6-955d-61771441cced.html

New-Signature.jpg

Isn't there a rule that grad transfers can only happen if the athlete enrolls in a new degree program that isn't offered at his previous school?

I guess the one thing he learned at USC was to plan for life after football... and truck driving is a very respectable profession.

9 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Hank...

@tailingpermit, would agree..

Sears will sit on the bench...  What does @bsu_alum9 say?

I have no idea, but I could see Sears taking the job for the next two years.  His HS film looks like Cord (pre injuries) with a better arm than Hank.  His one game at USC as a r-FR vs. ASU isn't all that impressive.  After the bowl game Hank had, I think it is anyone's game - and Sears appears to have more raw talent.  Will come down to who knows the offense though, and who makes the least mistakes - which should favor Hank.

26 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I have no idea, but I could see Sears taking the job for the next two years.  His HS film looks like Cord (pre injuries) with a better arm than Hank.  His one game at USC as a r-FR vs. ASU isn't all that impressive.  After the bowl game Hank had, I think it is anyone's game - and Sears appears to have more raw talent.  Will come down to who knows the offense though, and who makes the least mistakes - which should favor Hank.

All I know is seeing how tough Hank is, there's no way in hell we let that recruit transfer off our roster by starting a guy with only two years left. 

If Hank's back in proper physical form, I don't see Harsin letting Hank walk for that mistake.

Then again, it's a great problem to have!!!

a47df00893da5c3cf0a9b9b7c7742eb2e7db173d

New-Signature.jpg

15 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Can someone tell me how to feel about this? Hank having trouble rehabbing? Cord likely gone? This doesn't make sense to me.

100% serious here. I think your staff is making a big mistake taking him. When the guy was being heavily courted by SDSU, there were rumblings from within USC that he's a malcontent. I disregarded them at the time because of SDSU's deep need for a quality QB and because Sears wasn't the only USC QB about which such rumors were floating around. However, I've lost count of how many schools Sears has been pulling up his skirt to since bailing on the Aztecs. Does the kid have physical skills? Absolutely. However, given how vital leadership is at the QB position and the fact Bachmeier is similarly talented but isn't a head case, I don't get it.

1 hour ago, SUDSFan said:

100% serious here. I think your staff is making a big mistake taking him. When the guy was being heavily courted by SDSU, there were rumblings from within USC that he's a malcontent. I disregarded them at the time because of SDSU's deep need for a quality QB and because Sears wasn't the only USC QB about which such rumors were floating around. However, I've lost count of how many schools Sears has been pulling up his skirt to since bailing on the Aztecs. Does the kid have physical skills? Absolutely. However, given how vital leadership is at the QB position and the fact Bachmeier is similarly talented but isn't a head case, I don't get it.

See, that's an issue...

That's why Hank the Tank's gonna get the start...

giphy.gif

Either way, at least the coaches will be able to push him!!

New-Signature.jpg

1 minute ago, Jeffkills said:

See, that's an issue...

That's why Hank the Tank's gonna get the start...

giphy.gif

Either way, at least the coaches will be able to push him!!

I hope that's the case since I've grown to dislike Sears. Among rumors I read on a USC board a number of months ago was that he supposedly had helicopter parents - or maybe it was just the father - who would show up to practice and have diarrhea of the mouth. That shouldn't be such a problem in Boise, of course.

8 minutes ago, SUDSFan said:

I hope that's the case since I've grown to dislike Sears. Among rumors I read on a USC board a number of months ago was that he supposedly had helicopter parents - or maybe it was just the father - who would show up to practice and have diarrhea of the mouth. That shouldn't be such a problem in Boise, of course.

Hey now, we're not talking about Reno fans here - we behave ourselves...

That kid'll probably drop any alleged attitude issues at the door, because we're pretty good at getting players to buy in.,..

New-Signature.jpg