Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada6077

Pence has it

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Do you mean like holding up a Supreme Court nomination in the name of politics? Asking for a friend. ;)

I think doing what I suggested would make the McConnell maneuver look minor in comparison. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

22 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

And even still, he’s about 50 times smarter than you are. 😂👍 I’ll be surprised if anyone ever surpasses Obama as having the worst gaffe of all time. I’ll be surprised if anyone one comes close. For every gaffe Trump makes, Biden manufactures at least 20. 

So which gaffe are you talking about there?

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So which gaffe are you talking about there?

If you have to ask, either you don’t know or are in world class denial. Nothing is in the same universe. If Trump had done it, Pelosi would’ve started new impeachment hearing on that alone. And I’m not joking or exaggerating. 

kat.jpg

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

I’ll bet you don’t even know what the worst gaffe of all time is. 😂😂😂

@NVGiant

I'm asking you what you think the greatest gaffe of all time was. I mean, there's dijon mustard-gate, tan suit-gate, bike helmet-gate.....

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

If you have to ask, either you don’t know or are in world class denial. Nothing is in the same universe. If Trump had done it, Pelosi would’ve started new impeachment hearing on that alone.

Corpesmen?

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

That's the "biggest gaffe of all time" to you? 

donald duck laughing GIF

You’re so fvcking demented if you think that’s funny, and even more so if you don’t understand the gravity of it. Every single friend of mine that votes Dem agrees it’s the worst ever. 

kat.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’re so fvcking demented if you think that’s funny, and even more so if you don’t understand the gravity of it. Every single friend of mine that votes Dem agrees it’s the worst ever. 

“Well, when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.”
- Richard Nixon

“There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe.”
- Gerald Ford

“They’ll push, and I’ll say no, and they’ll push again, and I’ll say, to them, ‘Read my lips: no new taxes.’”
- George H.W. Bush

[In reference to his bowling score] “It’s like the Special Olympics or something.”
- Barack Obama

“It depends upon what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.”
- Bill Clinton

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

“Well, when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.”
- Richard Nixon

“There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe.”
- Gerald Ford

“They’ll push, and I’ll say no, and they’ll push again, and I’ll say, to them, ‘Read my lips: no new taxes.’”
- George H.W. Bush

[In reference to his bowling score] “It’s like the Special Olympics or something.”
- Barack Obama

“It depends upon what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.”
- Bill Clinton

LOL, those aren’t even in the same universe. You don’t seem to understand the context in which he made that gaffe and made it so bad. Just saying it anywhere doesn’t make it all that bad. But who was in the audience that day? Who were the people that the event was honoring that day at the prayer breakfast? That’s what made it so epically bad.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

And it would be a shame.  A president should be free to select whoever he or she wants to be their VP without having to bow to the opposing political party.  If Pence or Trump were forced out of office due to Covid-19 or some other incident, they should be allowed to select whoever they want as their VP.  And keeping it open to play politics would cause irreparable harm to the republic imo. 

Ivanka for VP!?

27 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

LOL, those aren’t even in the same universe. You don’t seem to understand the context in which he made that gaffe and made it so bad. Just saying it anywhere doesn’t make it all that bad. But who was in the audience that day? Who were the people that the event was honoring that day at the prayer breakfast? That’s what made it so epically bad.

Now I’m intrigued. Do you have a link?

43 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Yeah, you're right... in the middle of the Cold War, saying that the Soviet Union wasn't dominating Eastern Europe totally wasn't a gaffe of epic proportions. 

23 hours ago, Nevada6077 said:

Maybe anybody over 65 should be eliminated from office, period. That right there would clean house and we could start over. 

I am in 

There is no starting over as long as we have the binary choice between the Dem's and the GOP.  The problem isn't age, it's having only two parties completely at odds with each other fielding the only candidates having any chance to get elected to anything above dog catcher.

Rumor has it that Pelosi has been on prophylactic HCQ for over three weeks.  Of course, rumor also has it that she's almost OD'd on embalming fluid 3 times.