Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Cord cutting at a record level

https://www.wsj.com/articles/businesses-join-tv-cord-cutting-frenzy-amid-coronavirus-11589036400

with no live sports cord cutting at a record level. With 6 to 18 months of Covid 19 left will it ever come back. 

I finally dropped Dish for YoutubeTV. Half the price and I get everything I need. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

17 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I have a TCL Roku TV. I do get Sling TV during college football season and that's it. Everything else I find a stream for or I'll find the game on YouTube the next day. There is an account, his name is Matthew Loves Ball. He usually has every game on his channel within 48 hours.

I have a few friends pay for each service. We have someone pay for Netflix, someone pay for Hulu, someone pay for Amazon Video, and someone pay for Disney. Then share the accounts. Boom, everything for less than $20 a month.

Oh come on... how the heck is a corporation suppose to survive with this kind of thinking!?!?

Oh yeah... got room for one more? I won’t  come empty-handed, I got HBONow!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 5/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, robe said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/businesses-join-tv-cord-cutting-frenzy-amid-coronavirus-11589036400

with no live sports cord cutting at a record level. With 6 to 18 months of Covid 19 left will it ever come back. 

I finally dropped Dish for YoutubeTV. Half the price and I get everything I need. 

I dropped Direct TV for Youtube TV for the same reason.  I got what I needed for 1/3 what I was paying Direct. 

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 5/16/2020 at 2:23 AM, soupslam1 said:

I just got a Roku stick for my birthday. It will be interesting to explore the options. 

Download Stadium channel.  Since we are tied to that network.

22 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Download Stadium channel.  Since we are tied to that network.

The Stadium app for Amazon Fire is terrible, doesn’t load half the time and when it does it freezes. 

8 hours ago, sean327 said:

The Stadium app for Amazon Fire is terrible, doesn’t load half the time and when it does it freezes. 

It works really well on AppleTv 

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

On 5/17/2020 at 10:06 AM, Hoser said:

I dropped Direct TV for Youtube TV for the same reason.  I got what I needed for 1/3 what I was paying Direct. 

LOL Spectrum offered me an over the top service when I cancelled their over-priced crap cable service.

yeah.... no

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

There’s no way around it. Chord cutting will give you a crappier product just from the standpoint of picture quality. Depending on broadband demand at the time you’re watching TV, picture quality can suck. You always see pixelated shitty resolution changing channels or starting up. You get none of that from Dish and DTV unless there’s really bad weather. 

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

There’s no way around it. Chord cutting will give you a crappier product just from the standpoint of picture quality. Depending on broadband demand at the time you’re watching TV, picture quality can suck. You always see pixelated shitty resolution changing channels or starting up. You get none of that from Dish and DTV unless there’s really bad weather. 

You're doing it wrong.

On 5/20/2020 at 4:47 AM, Nevada Convert said:

My picture quality actually improved when I ditched cable. It’s only been 6 months but extremely happy so far 

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

1 hour ago, 1IvyDog said:

My picture quality actually improved when I ditched cable. It’s only been 6 months but extremely happy so far 

I love my TCL Roku TVs. The only downside I see with streaming is how long shows take to load (~30 seconds) which makes switching between several games a little slow.

15 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Wait till the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard rolls out (aka "4K"), it's gonna make everything else look like junk. It may already be started for all I know.

They are testing it in a couple markets.  It will be a slow transition over as both versions will be broadcasted over the air (estimates around 8 years) you’ll need to get a new TV with that capability...no converter box to my knowledge for this.

If I understand correctly this will be on a different spectrum and allow more channels even sub channels to be broadcasted in HD

21 hours ago, renoskier said:

I love my TCL Roku TVs. The only downside I see with streaming is how long shows take to load (~30 seconds) which makes switching between several games a little slow.

Unlimited DVR allows you to record as many games as you want, and then skip as much as you want.  I set my DVR to record every college football game.  I never start a game live.  When I'm watching my team play, I'll usually just skip the commercials.  When I'm watching other games, I'll also skip between the plays.  It takes less than an hour to watch a game that way.  The only time I'm skipping between games is if I catch up to the live broadcast on one of them.