Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Gubment Check.

My wife and I are fortunate enough to not need this last covid stimulus check.  We have never taken a dollar of any kind of welfare,  unemployment...etc.  these checks are necessary for a lot of folks and thats ok.

We are at an impasse on what to do with the check:

Send it back (US General Fund donation)

Spend it locally at small businesses.

Pay part of last yrs taxes with it

Give to Salvation Army.

Put it in our grandkids education fund...since they get to pay for this fiasco

We really dont want it.

I've been lucky as well as I've never had to get unemployment $ or other gov't subsidy, but have certainly paid my share of taxes.  My wife and I got a partial stimulus and mostly using it for landscaping stuff.  

Spend it specifically on US made goods or services at least.  The gov't wants the $ to be put into the economy so nothing wrong with doing just that.  

@Jackrabbit I'd go with the grandkids education fund. Every little bit helps, especially when it comes to college fee$. 

59 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

My wife and I are fortunate enough to not need this last covid stimulus check.  We have never taken a dollar of any kind of welfare,  unemployment...etc.  these checks are necessary for a lot of folks and thats ok.

Give to Salvation Army.

We really dont want it.

I will private message you my address to send the check to 

That check isnt for you @Jackrabbit, it's for the federal employee/debt slave ens legis JACKRABBIT

I'd send it back certified mail ASAP. but then again i terminated every single private contract with government corporations. You might enjoy being commercial energy for government liens though, so up to you. #YMMW

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

Give to Salvation Army.

We really dont want it.

Spend it in the community, at a small business.

It will help them get much needed revenue.

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

Give to Salvation Army.

We really dont want it.

Do what I did, buy a new gun! My new pistol was bought and paid for courtesy of Uncle Sam! I did use the rest to fix my youngest son’s truck. So I got a twofer, stuck a finger in the eye of gun control idiots, and kept a gas guzzler on the road to piss off the climate change dicks. Winning!!!!

I was going to spend it on the bathroom remodel, but I've deferred that work. We got less than half, and that was with an uplift as we have custody of granddaughter. I spent about half of the stimulus on homelessness in Stockton; Gospel Center Rescue Mission and Stockton Shelter for the Homeless.  My employer had a temporary double match for the month of April. Felt good to give as our family has been very blessed.

110926run_defense710.jpg

You can donate it to the mwcboard.  Just PayPal it to board@mwcboard.com :D 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You can donate it to the mwcboard.  Just PayPal it to board@mwcboard.com :D 

tenor.gif

UW and Casper College are in tough financial straits because of all this. You could donate at least part of it to one of them. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.