Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Earthquake

Woke up this morning just after for my bed moving back and forth.  At first I thought it was my dog scratching or something then realized it was an earthquake.  Turns out it was a pretty big jolt in Tonopah. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

We had one in Boise yesterday. 4.6 I think. Thought it was the wind for a minute. Wasn’t as noticeable as the one a few weeks ago. 

We had a small tornado a week or two too.. Earthquakes, tornadoes, pandemic, just waiting for the next one. Grizzlies in further west in Idaho than ever seen before. 

From the RGJ

Friday's magnitude 6.5 is the largest earthquake to have hit that area since 1934, when another magnitude 6.5 struck 24 miles to the northwest. Just before that in 1932, a magnitude 6.8 struck 30 miles to the north. 

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

We had one in Boise yesterday. 4.6 I think. Thought it was the wind for a minute. Wasn’t as noticeable as the one a few weeks ago. 

We had a small tornado a week or two too.. Earthquakes, tornadoes, pandemic, just waiting for the next one. Grizzlies in further west in Idaho than ever seen before. 

Did you know there is a big wolf pack in the Boise National Forest back in the area past the high bridge. I know @halfmanhalfbronco has a better description of the area.  My daughter seems to always see the alpha when she's in that area - he's jet black and she said almost as big as a horse.  Just like all males, he follows her around but she honestly doesn't even know when human males are hitting on her....  :D

down in a hole.jpg

Join the club Nevada. Idaho and Utah already got theirs. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

Did you know there is a big wolf pack in the Boise National Forest back in the area past the high bridge. I know @halfmanhalfbronco has a better description of the area.  My daughter seems to always see the alpha when she's in that area - he's jet black and she said almost as big as a horse.  Just like all males, he follows her around but she honestly doesn't even know when human males are hitting on her....  :D

It could be worse, she could have been this poor gal haha:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/us/gray-wolf-dead-california-scn-trnd/index.html

6 minutes ago, bigd said:

It could be worse, she could have been this poor gal haha:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/us/gray-wolf-dead-california-scn-trnd/index.html

That's strange because wolves are apex predators.  Makes me wonder if she was killed by the top apex predator...

down in a hole.jpg