Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd

Would UNLV be in the Pac 12 if they had hired Ault instead of Horton in 94?

17 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Don't get me wrong with what I'm about say....I really, really ,really appreciate everything Ault did for UNR. His willingness to accept low pay , etc. His offenses were outstanding and fun to watch.

But, I wonder how much better Nevada could have been if we had a coach who believed in defense. ..

And to the OP....Southern Nevada would / will never be in the PAC 12.

Considering Ault is the only coach who has won with any consistency in more than a century of football, I'm guessing worse.

We're you offering PhD's to strippers back then?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

We're you offering PhD's to strippers back then?

Let's just say their favorite thesis was stimulating packages.

12 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

yes. 

but i guess we'll have to settle for our 2025 Pac-12 Invite 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe if USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, and ASU all go to the Big 12.

The Pac-12 is a disaster right now, the last thing they need to do is add another disaster of an athletic department. UNLV certainly has potential, but the Pac 12 can't afford to add potential right now. No one in the MW would even be considered unless the whole conference gets ravaged by the Big 12.

Maybe if Arroyo is able to take you to 5 straight access bowls...

On 5/12/2020 at 5:55 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

Don't get me wrong with what I'm about say....I really, really ,really appreciate everything Ault did for UNR. His willingness to accept low pay , etc. His offenses were outstanding and fun to watch.

But, I wonder how much better Nevada could have been if we had a coach who believed in defense. ..

And to the OP....Southern Nevada would / will never be in the PAC 12.

Honestly, as Murray mentioned I think the thing that held Ault back most was his constant retirements. If he had just stayed coach and never handed the reigns over to Horton/Tisdel/Tormey we would've been a MUCH better program. Wasting all of those years and then having to build the program back up each time basically erased 10+ years that we could've been competing for conference titles, improving our brand, and going to bowl games.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, jdgaucho said:

The good ol' days of Horton pacing the Reno sidelines.

7379566_43c126e47757bdf0922805454dfc17c0_t.jpg.a376ddcfb65156715d4b79069b7c5fd5.jpg

That was just a 1-year thing. We knew he was shit, but figured we could prop him up to be our mercenary and destroy the UNLV football program. And he did a damn fine job. We were even able to get a double wammy, as he destroyed the SDSU offense as well. Imagine SDSU if they had even a mediocre offense the past 5 years...