Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Assuming SDSU/SJSU/Fresno are out for the 20/21 football season...

On 5/13/2020 at 7:58 AM, Ibanez said:

The way it's looking as of now, all California and Oregon schools won't have football this year. Colorado is iffy. The conferences will have 10 game seasons with no bye weeks.

The MWC will probably still play a season with 7 or 8 teams depending on what AF does. But I think the state of Colorado will come around and the MWC will have 9 teams play this year. And California and Oregon schools will feel the effects on skipping a season for a long time. The PAC-12 will be either scheduling western based schools to fill in a 10 game season since they will have six teams play or play each school in conference twice doing a home & home.

Basketball will start on time or a bit late with everyone.

If anyone thinks the SEC isn't gonna play a season they're crazy. The B1G will play too with the exception of maybe Rutgers and Maryland. 

I reckon them SEC folk will find a way, come hell or high water (guffaw).  

23 hours ago, Ibanez said:

It's funny you think crowds at MWC games are an actual thing.

You make a decent point about MWC football attendance" crowds".:surrender: However schools should be prepared to see even more empty seats than in the past and potential  loss of season ticket sales. 

On 5/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, broncobob said:

I just hope Boise's Mayer lets the Broncos play football!  She seems to really enjoy the power to shut down everything in Boise.

She's too busy worring if trannies feel included and what not so hopefully she will stop being a *unt and let me get my haircut and football

On 5/12/2020 at 5:17 PM, thedude15 said:

would the rest of you wanna add NMSU and BYU for a one year, football only, term? I ask because of a couple of things

1. If the Cali schools are ruled out that means it just takes ONE more state to follow their suit and the MW basically can't have a football season. So adding NMSU/BYU puts you at 11 and lets you survive if any one other MW state (or two if Wyoming and Idaho) follows cali's lead.  Plus if you are going conference only 11 = 10 games over a 12 week season, 9= 8 games over a 9 week season. So 11 is much better. 

2. If the Pac-12/SEC/ect go conference only BYU and NMSU will be hurting for games. Thus they would be on board with the one year deal. 

I am still hoping they just push EVERYTHING back to the Spring semester but you at least have to consider all the options. 

No!! BYU can suck a fat one. Same for NMSU.

55 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

This is teams out east saying they don't give a shit about western ball, especially California. They are playing regardless 

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1260962744913854469?s=19

If the Pac-12 is the only FBS league not to play it will fall far behind. Hell, it might just go the way of the Ivy League...

I'm sure there will be a max exodus of players, and they will all need to completely rebuild one they do restart their programs.

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

This is teams out east saying they don't give a shit about western ball, especially California. They are playing regardless 

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1260962744913854469?s=19

It could look pretty bad if everyone else is playing and schools out west do not.  It could have a very negative impact on recruiting in a region that doesn't keep all of its talent already.

44 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Im hearing that the WCC is leaning toward sitting out of basketball this fall but the Big West is still looking at the possibility of playing. IF (BIG IF) that happened it would probably end Gonzaga's amazing run.

Also, there has been no actual discussion of some PAC-12 teams playing in the MWC for one season. Dumb rumor. I was however told we were looking at a 10 game season with no bye weeks starting about a month late. 

Given there are only a few hundred student-athletes at each campuse vs the rest of the student population, they can afford to let things sort out.  The Cal States and UCs are taking a wait and see approach to athletics. With a new commissioner coming in the last thing he wants is for his new crew to sit out.  If teams can play, they'll play.

A WAG on my part, but if the Big West shuts itself down for a year that could be the opportunity for the MWC to add Hawaii as a full member. 

Conversely, if it goes ahead with athletics that could be an opportunity for the BW to add a Nevada, Boise or UNLV (for a year or two) as they will certainly be looking to cut travel costs and times.  Who knows, maybe all their sports besides men's hoops will revert there anyways.

8 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

hawaii isn't playing anyone if they still have a 2 week quarantine just to get in

Not an issue.  They'll come over in August, use distance learning, and move into SJSU's vacant facilities for the season.  Problem solved.

12 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

She's too busy worring if trannies feel included and what not so hopefully she will stop being a *unt and let me get my haircut and football

My wife voted for her and is now having buyers remorse. 

On 5/13/2020 at 9:25 AM, broncobob said:

I just hope Boise's Mayer lets the Broncos play football!  She seems to really enjoy the power to shut down everything in Boise.

¿Who's your Mayer...Oscar Mayer?

9 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Wicker doesn’t know yet how many fans could be allowed. It could be a godsend that SDSU is still stuck playing in the decrepit stadium, which it plans to replace with a 35,000-seat, $310 million stadium by 2022.

“You won’t hear me say often that SDCCU Stadium is a benefit to SDSU football, but with 70,000 seats and 100 suites, it could be beneficial for us,” Wicker said. “We can spread people out that want to come to games. We have a big parking lot.”

Whodathunkthisshit...

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Whodathunkthisshit...

Hahaha good point. Luckily Nevada fans have plenty of room to spread out these days as well.