Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

Cal State U's to remain closed through Fall Semester?

Just now, crixus said:

I think every college and university in California will announce it by the end of the month, including private scools. 

Yea this reminds me of the NBA postponing their season first, and within a day or two every other pro league did the same. 

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea this reminds me of the NBA postponing their season first, and within a day or two every other pro league did the same. 

Top 30 Domino Spiral GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

8 minutes ago, crixus said:

I think every college and university in California will announce it by the end of the month, including private scools. 

We shall see.  The California PAC schools - as well as UCSD - will fight this tooth and nail. 

2 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

We shall see.  The California PAC schools - as well as UCSD - will fight this tooth and nail. 

I dunno, I don’t see Berkeley fighting this “tooth and nail”. And considering how hard LA County has been hit, I don’t know how hard UCLA could fight this if they wanted to. 

59 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

The 5 governors have very similar ideas and obviously believe that a cooperative approach is the way to go or they wouldn't have even announced any of this.  

Nevada just opened up restaurants and retail. It's many weeks ahead of California. I think both Nevada and UNLV will be open for students, and maybe it will help our enrollment numbers with kids deciding between UCs/CSU and Nevada.

Honestly, hopefully this wakes people up to what a racket our education system is. I can't imagine being 18, and paying 10 grand (or whatever CSUs cost these days) to sit at home and take classes that you could easily find for free. If they move to a fully online model they should certainly reduce tuition.

16 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yes, but at that point the virus was a complete unknown. Now that we have some data, different states and organizations will certainly respond differently.

12 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Really college football should be working with the NFL/TV partner's just to push their season back to the spring. The NFL can push their draft back a month or two in exchange for have ZERO football competition during the fall (ie they will own Saturday and Sunday). 

28 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Doubt it. They did not fight going to online format this term. 

33 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I dunno, I don’t see Berkeley fighting this “tooth and nail”. And considering how hard LA County has been hit, I don’t know how hard UCLA could fight this if they wanted to. 

LA county has been hit the hardest by Covid 19 of any county in California, so I don't think UCLA will fight it at all. They have a very important and prestigious Medical school. 

Just now, nvspuds said:

By the by..Basketball starts in the fall semester..We could lose that as well..

We could see an abbreviated season- conference only in Jan '21.

these people have lost their phucking minds.  There is ZERO data to support these actions.  There's something afoot here and it has nothing to do with protecting the students. We can start with the basic, fundamental and indisputable FACT that the student population has roughly a 0% chance of dying from this.  We'll start with deaths.  Here is what San Diego county looks like. Population 3.4 million

image.png.c2e036c3bf931929e1996b5be264eeca.png

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Remember "Flattening the curve" so we don't overwhelm hospitals?  That was the original reason for all of this nonsense. Well, is THIS flat enough for you?

image.png.96870a68f3b816db0d908c878e8861b6.png

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Notice something here?  looks to me like this thing is not only petering out but  falling off a cliff

image.png.35430e7d7ffbfc3d820ea826b5f140f1.png

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

There is no available statistic that doesn't indicate this exact same pattern literally everywhere on plant Earth.   So what are these morons basing their decision on?  What is the purpose of closing the schools?  There must be a reason that has nothing to do with public health, data, facts or any sort of objective measure.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

There is no available statistic that doesn't indicate this exact same pattern literally everywhere on plant Earth.   So what are these morons basing their decision on?  What is the purpose of closing the schools?  There must be a reason that nothing to do with public health, data, facts or any sort of objective measure.

We were told the whole quarantine was to flatten the curve, and we did it. So why are we still hiding inside?? Feels like we’ve been lied to and people are just coming out on their own because they know they have a 0.00000001% chance of dying from this thing.  

Old people and those with underlying conditions just stay inside and the rest of us can live our lives.