Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Things Are Looking Up

Pro baseball is currently being played in South Korea (without fans). Pro rugby in New Zealand is scheduled to begin next month (without fans). And MLB owners proposed a shortened season to begin in July (also without fans). So I'm starting to believe that we will have college and pro football in some form this fall, (possibly without fans). 

23 minutes ago, crixus said:

Pro baseball is currently being played in South Korea (without fans). Pro rugby in New Zealand is scheduled to begin next month (without fans). And MLB owners proposed a shortened season to begin in July (also without fans). So I'm starting to believe that we will have college and pro football in some form this fall, (possibly without fans). 

Yeah, I guess the big question would be, how are some G5’s going to be able to afford a season with no gate revenue? Schools like SJSU are used to it, but what about others? 

It would be great to have a source to fund the G5’s at a prior 3 year average of ticket sales. Sure makes road games easier with no fans. 

kat.jpg

39 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Yeah, I guess the big question would be, how are some G5’s going to be able to afford a season with no gate revenue? 

I was thinking about that too. Maybe some sort of profit sharing of TV revenue$ passed along from the P5's? 

19 minutes ago, crixus said:

I was thinking about that too. Maybe some sort of profit sharing of TV revenue$ passed along from the P5's? 

Lol you should know better than that. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Lol you should know better than that. 

Chalk it up to withdrawals from a lack of sports. 

Withdrawals GIFs | Tenor

45 minutes ago, crixus said:

Chalk it up to withdrawals from a lack of sports. 

Withdrawals GIFs | Tenor

Yeah, it wouldn’t cut into P5’s money, at least directly. It would sure be an ideal time for the NCAA to improve their image of not giving a shit about us, but that won’t happen either.

How about a bipartisan effort to include us in the next stimulus package!! Honestly, that’s probably our best chance at help which obviously isn’t likely either. But voters love their football, and if such a small amount would make it happen, I think the politicians would be surprised how much support it would have. Screw the Kennedy Center and other crap, we need FB season. Both sides want the African American vote, and there’s a lot of them that play and are G5 fans. I’m not a fiscal conservative, and I’d support it this one time. Americans need SOME normalcy. It’s about mental health more than anything, really. 

kat.jpg

15 hours ago, crixus said:

New Zealand and South Korea handled this much better than we did. Same with Germany (Bundesliga). Don't hold your breath.

52 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

New Zealand and South Korea handled this much better than we did. Same with Germany (Bundesliga). Don't hold your breath.

That’s like saying my neighborhood handled it better than NYC.