Jump to content
bsu_alum9

Zion Williamson allegedly paid to choose Duke

Recommended Posts

If there is any punishment handed down it will be less that what Boise State got for allowing a tennis player to get a ride to the airport.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davidson is +++++ed.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not news.  I assumed this all along.  Not because of Duke or Williamson, but because of the state of NCAA sports.  Joel Klatt, one time CU QB and now Fox football color analyst once reportedly mentioned on a broadcast that $100K was the going rate for a 5* to the SEC.  I can't prove it, but I don't doubt it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NCAA could care less as long as they keep getting paid $$billions. They are corrupt to the core and always have been.

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

This is not news.  I assumed this all along.  Not because of Duke or Williamson, but because of the state of NCAA sports.  Joel Klatt, one time CU QB and now Fox football color analyst once reportedly mentioned on a broadcast that $100K was the going rate for a 5* to the SEC.  I can't prove it, but I don't doubt it.

Cam Newtons dad said the price for his son was $120,000- 180,000 to go to Miss. St when he was being recruited.  Son chose Auburn ' but no discussion of money'......right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this will end the same way it always does when Duke gets caught.  It'll get swept under the rug and everyone will forget about it by next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

I'm sure this will end the same way it always does when Duke gets caught.  It'll get swept under the rug and everyone will forget about it by next month.

Coach K didn't know about it though, right?

Quote

The winningest coach in NCAA men's basketball history, Mike Krzyzewski has led Duke University to five NCAA Championships and has won 5 gold medals in international competition as the National Coach for USA Basketball. He's been a Nike Coach since the 1993-94 collegiate season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Cam Newtons dad said the price for his son was $120,000- 180,000 to go to Miss. St when he was being recruited.  Son chose Auburn ' but no discussion of money'......right. 

Florida State got a hell of a deal with Jameis Winston. He got them a National Championship with some five finger discount crab legs. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Davidson is +++++ed.

 

Yeah right!  Bob McKillop is the fourth longest tenured college basketball coach at his respective school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, first of all, don't get excited, this won't even touch Duke.

It's really an interesting situation. As part of competing lawsuits between Zion and his previous management/pr company, the management company has made a "request for admission".  If granted, Zion would have to, under oath, acknowledge or deny that he knew of any arrangements to pay his mother and stepfather.

If he denies it, would you believe him?

I don't see how anything that might be disclosed helps a possible breach of contract case against Williamson but it will be interesting to watch it play out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Yeah right!  Bob McKillop is the fourth longest tenured college basketball coach at his respective school.

I believe he was referring to Tark when he said "the NCAA was so upset with Kentucky for cheating they put Western Kentucky on probation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I believe he was referring to Tark when he said "the NCAA was so upset with Kentucky for cheating they put Western Kentucky on probation.

I know that.  But Davidson runs a clean program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing will happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_NCAA_Division_I_men's_basketball_corruption_scandal

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/sports/unc-north-carolina-ncaa.html

Arizona: Sean Miller/Arizona paid $100k to Deandre Ayto. 

Kansas: gave $90k to recruit

Kentucky: gave $12k to Bam Adebayo

UCLA, Duke, UNC, every P5 program CHEATS THEIR ASS OFF! Falsifying grades, cash pay-outs, you name it. 

TARKANIAN called the NCAA out for turning a blind-eye to this sh*t for decades. and the brainless sheep (including many of you on this board) believed the NCAA and their witchhunt over one guy with the balls to speak the truth. He sacrificed his career and legacy to stand up for injustice. Remember that anytime any of you geeks slander Tark. 

  • Like 3
  • Idiot 1
  • Cheers 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as has been said.......Big time college sports is like thus. There is too much money at stake! So not surprised. I haven't seen a lot of national outrage on it........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_NCAA_Division_I_men's_basketball_corruption_scandal

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/sports/unc-north-carolina-ncaa.html

Arizona: Sean Miller/Arizona paid $100k to Deandre Ayto. 

Kansas: gave $90k to recruit

Kentucky: gave $12k to Bam Adebayo

UCLA, Duke, UNC, every P5 program CHEATS THEIR ASS OFF! Falsifying grades, cash pay-outs, you name it. 

TARKANIAN called the NCAA out for turning a blind-eye to this sh*t for decades. and the brainless sheep (including many of you on this board) believed the NCAA and their witchhunt over one guy with the balls to speak the truth. He sacrificed his career and legacy to stand up for injustice. Remember that anytime any of you geeks slander Tark. 

Cheaters are crabs in a bucket.  Get accused, and they say everyone else is doing it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This wouldn’t be a problem if athletes were allowed to profit in the open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

This wouldn’t be a problem if athletes were allowed to profit in the open.

running late out of time GIF by Captain Obvious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×