Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Zion Williamson allegedly paid to choose Duke

This is not news.  I assumed this all along.  Not because of Duke or Williamson, but because of the state of NCAA sports.  Joel Klatt, one time CU QB and now Fox football color analyst once reportedly mentioned on a broadcast that $100K was the going rate for a 5* to the SEC.  I can't prove it, but I don't doubt it.

44 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

This is not news.  I assumed this all along.  Not because of Duke or Williamson, but because of the state of NCAA sports.  Joel Klatt, one time CU QB and now Fox football color analyst once reportedly mentioned on a broadcast that $100K was the going rate for a 5* to the SEC.  I can't prove it, but I don't doubt it.

Cam Newtons dad said the price for his son was $120,000- 180,000 to go to Miss. St when he was being recruited.  Son chose Auburn ' but no discussion of money'......right. 

I'm sure this will end the same way it always does when Duke gets caught.  It'll get swept under the rug and everyone will forget about it by next month.

15 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

I'm sure this will end the same way it always does when Duke gets caught.  It'll get swept under the rug and everyone will forget about it by next month.

Coach K didn't know about it though, right?

The winningest coach in NCAA men's basketball history, Mike Krzyzewski has led Duke University to five NCAA Championships and has won 5 gold medals in international competition as the National Coach for USA Basketball. He's been a Nike Coach since the 1993-94 collegiate season.

25 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Cam Newtons dad said the price for his son was $120,000- 180,000 to go to Miss. St when he was being recruited.  Son chose Auburn ' but no discussion of money'......right. 

Florida State got a hell of a deal with Jameis Winston. He got them a National Championship with some five finger discount crab legs. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Guys, first of all, don't get excited, this won't even touch Duke.

It's really an interesting situation. As part of competing lawsuits between Zion and his previous management/pr company, the management company has made a "request for admission".  If granted, Zion would have to, under oath, acknowledge or deny that he knew of any arrangements to pay his mother and stepfather.

If he denies it, would you believe him?

I don't see how anything that might be disclosed helps a possible breach of contract case against Williamson but it will be interesting to watch it play out.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Yeah right!  Bob McKillop is the fourth longest tenured college basketball coach at his respective school.

I believe he was referring to Tark when he said "the NCAA was so upset with Kentucky for cheating they put Western Kentucky on probation.

7 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I believe he was referring to Tark when he said "the NCAA was so upset with Kentucky for cheating they put Western Kentucky on probation.

I know that.  But Davidson runs a clean program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_NCAA_Division_I_men's_basketball_corruption_scandal

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/sports/unc-north-carolina-ncaa.html

Arizona: Sean Miller/Arizona paid $100k to Deandre Ayto. 

Kansas: gave $90k to recruit

Kentucky: gave $12k to Bam Adebayo

UCLA, Duke, UNC, every P5 program CHEATS THEIR ASS OFF! Falsifying grades, cash pay-outs, you name it. 

TARKANIAN called the NCAA out for turning a blind-eye to this sh*t for decades. and the brainless sheep (including many of you on this board) believed the NCAA and their witchhunt over one guy with the balls to speak the truth. He sacrificed his career and legacy to stand up for injustice. Remember that anytime any of you geeks slander Tark. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

11 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_NCAA_Division_I_men's_basketball_corruption_scandal

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/sports/unc-north-carolina-ncaa.html

Arizona: Sean Miller/Arizona paid $100k to Deandre Ayto. 

Kansas: gave $90k to recruit

Kentucky: gave $12k to Bam Adebayo

UCLA, Duke, UNC, every P5 program CHEATS THEIR ASS OFF! Falsifying grades, cash pay-outs, you name it. 

TARKANIAN called the NCAA out for turning a blind-eye to this sh*t for decades. and the brainless sheep (including many of you on this board) believed the NCAA and their witchhunt over one guy with the balls to speak the truth. He sacrificed his career and legacy to stand up for injustice. Remember that anytime any of you geeks slander Tark. 

Cheaters are crabs in a bucket.  Get accused, and they say everyone else is doing it too.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

This wouldn’t be a problem if athletes were allowed to profit in the open.

running late out of time GIF by Captain Obvious