RSF

UConn lands a FB TV deal with CBSSN

16 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

when BSU signs a home-home with Temple/Cincy we'll do a home-home with Wyoming/ Utah State

we can compare notes

I've been to Cincinnati. I don't need to go back. Ever.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I'm sure Thanksgiving games @Wyoming or @Utah State are just a joy[/rollseyes]

7 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I like Logan and Laramie. Especially Laramie. I don't know why people insist on trying to talk shit about The U of Wyoming. Especially people who have never been remotely close to Laramie. 

I've been to Laramie many times, however why do you have to have been "be remotely close to Laramie," to know a game played at +7k-feet in elevation & north of the Colorado Stateline in late-Nov has a good chance of bad weather?

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

I've been to Laramie many times, however why do you have to have been "be remotely close to Laramie," to know a game played at +7k-feet in elevation & north of the Colorado Stateline in late-Nov has a good chance of bad weather?

No one said anything about weather. Just November games in general. November games in 1/3 of the country is gonna be cold regardless of where you are. It's called "Football weather." 

On 5/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, GoState99755 said:

Oh ya...those Temple & ECU/BCC rivalries would have been intense by now.

November games in Philly & Cincy...who could ask for a better conf?

That was a ridiculous move not matter how you slice it.  We should have stuck y'all for a HUGE buy-out & a nominal buy-back in.

On 5/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, UofMTigers said:

I'm sure Thanksgiving games @Wyoming or @Utah State are just a joy[/rollseyes]

On 5/17/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ibanez said:

I like Logan and Laramie. Especially Laramie. I don't know why people insist on trying to talk shit about The U of Wyoming. Especially people who have never been remotely close to Laramie. And someone from a southern shithole like Memphis shouldn't even give an opinion. Makes you look a tad dumb.

19 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

18 hours ago, Ibanez said:

No one said anything about weather. Just November games in general. November games in 1/3 of the country is gonna be cold regardless of where you are. It's called "Football weather." 

“¿No one said anything about weather?”

¿Okay what where we taking about then w/those references to Nov & Thxgvn’g games above?

On 5/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, RSF said:

It's a million plus per year, according to the Courant.  And not streaming.

Incorrect.  The 7 figures is the cumulative total over 4 years.  Not 7 figures a year for 4 years. "believed to be a seven-figure sum over four years" 

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/05/11/newly-independent-uconn-signs-deal-with-cbs-sports-network/

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/tv/article242653281.html

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/uconn-signs-multi-year-college-football-tv-deal-with-cbs-sports/

5 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

“¿No one said anything about weather?”

¿Okay what where we taking about then w/those references to Nov & Thxgvn’g games above?

Holiday travel, shitty stadiums, violent cities, and STD's. That describes most of the AAC.

Not all of them have beaches in downtown Orlando.

7 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Holiday travel, shitty stadiums, violent cities, and STD's. That describes most of the AAC.

You're right...you know better than me what I was saying.

12 hours ago, CaffeinatedCoog said:

So are they confirming that 7 figure sum over 4 years is less then 4 million?

On 5/16/2020 at 5:13 PM, UofMTigers said:

I wish them well as the 17 million they're leaving the remaining members will greatly 'soften the blow' that comes with production costs. I also thank them for the 2014 NCAA championship credits that helped grow a young AAC. Good luck UConn and I believe playing 2 AAC hoops teams home-home is part of the exit agreement so I'm hoping it's Cincy/Memphis.

One of them is UCF (rightfully).  Hope another is you.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:19 AM, Ibanez said:

It depends.  You’re going to experience an entirely different kind of football weather next fall if you travel.

On 5/16/2020 at 3:13 PM, UofMTigers said:

I wish them well as the 17 million they're leaving the remaining members will greatly 'soften the blow' that comes with production costs. I also thank them for the 2014 NCAA championship credits that helped grow a young AAC. Good luck UConn and I believe playing 2 AAC hoops teams home-home is part of the exit agreement so I'm hoping it's Cincy/Memphis.

You sound hurt that they're leaving. The next two schools set to part ways with the AAC are Houston and Cincinnati. Those are the school you should be upset over once they leave. (If) They leave.

16 hours ago, Ibanez said:

You sound hurt that they're leaving. The next two schools set to part ways with the AAC are Houston and Cincinnati. Those are the school you should be upset over once they leave. (If) They leave.

really? I've felt like we've had quite the 'velvet divorce' thus far as they're paying what they promised...I just hope UConn sticks to playing Memphis/Cincy in hoops as I enjoyed the series.

On 5/19/2020 at 2:53 AM, Ibanez said:

STD's is the last thing I'd associate with the AAC.  Then again, what else can you get into in Wichita?

On 5/17/2020 at 12:13 PM, RSF said:

Only if that eyelash is the size of a redwood.

BYU and NM were in until the politicians got involved.