Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rambouche

Boise=Lyle Lovett

So... I'm COVID bored and got to thinking about how unique and unlikely BSU's football success has been and what parallels exist for celebrities. I've settled on Lyle Lovett. Likeable enough but otherwise unremarkable community college/celebrity achieves football/dating success nobody could have anticipated and doesn't make sense given the school/celebrity...

Other celebrity comps for the MWC football:

Wyo: Larry the cable guy?

SDSU: Amanda Bynes- moderate success, middle America 9/CA 6

CSU: Katherine Heigel- not that successful, thinks they are more important than they actually are

Fresno: Danny Trejo- mess with us and you'll get stabbed

UNLV: Carrot Top- using surroundings/props to distract you from how awful it is to actually watch

Air Force: Michael J Fox. Generally well-liked, smaller and pluckier than the rest

SJSU... Nicole Richie.. Somewhere between ignored and disliked. People would be happy if they simply went away. Not sure why they were around to begin with.

USU: Luke Hemsworth. The distant 3rd, far less known of three. Never a first choice, but found a way to carve out some space for a little success nonetheless.

UNR: Ashlee Simpson. Maybe more talented than the sibling, but will never get the same attention.

NM: Gabriel Iglesias. Not that talented, but liked well enough for those that bother to care for whatever weird reason.

Hawaii: Paris Hilton. Don't let the looks fool you. Not really that good, but people will be interested nonetheless.

lyle-lovett-120810.jpg

I'll admit, I didn't give this much thought beyond Boise. I remain firm on the BSU/Lovett analogy. UNR was tough... I'm thinking b list celebrity that doesn't get the attention they deserve...

BYU: Malcolm McDowell.  While not quite a heavy hitter, they are still recognizable and boast a nice resume.  Almost always cast as a villain.

um... Lyle Lovett is smart.

Sorry guy, but your list is dumb.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.