Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

DOJ drops case against General Michael Flynn

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Is your fight on a message board taking exception to people making jokes? Lord knows there aren't enough keyboard patriots in this world. Power to the people.

My fight is against people that want to ignore our constitution and allow governmental abuse to occur. 

Ive barely been on this board the last two months. I don’t have the time or energy to argue anymore with people that don’t care enough about governmental abuse except when it happens to their team. 

13 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Yes. My alternative is using the law as written and follow the constitution. When we find corruption we prosecute it. My alternative is not allowing a political class but having term limits for our congressional delegations. Oh and no more political parties. Each person stands on their own. 

That's interesting.  No checks and balances or equal branches of government.  So who's going to enforce the constitution?  Oddly your alternative seems to be exactly what Trump wants, which is Putin's corrupt form of government.  Good idea, Comrade.  LOL

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

So it sounds like my plan then is to find a gang of praying mantises to take out the murder hornets I just hired to get rid of the big ass mosquitos that followed the apocalyptic rains this spring. It's all coming together now.

@NVGiant I know there is a danger that inviting San Diegan only increases our chances of becoming Vikings or turning on each other like Lord or the Flies, but with Bluerules gone we really need some forward thinking pest control ideas on the island.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Now it’s coming out that sack of shit Adam Schiff  knew a year and a half into the investigation that there was no collusion. What a complete waste of skin ! He should be expelled from the house. 

30 minutes ago, aztech said:

That's interesting.  No checks and balances or equal branches of government.  So who's going to enforce the constitution?  Oddly your alternative seems to be exactly what Trump wants, which is Putin's corrupt form of government.  Good idea, Comrade.  LOL

How did you possibly get that out of what I wrote? I was talking about term limits on Congress, eliminating the political class and no more political parties. 

Further please explain to me what political parties have to do with checks and balances or co equal branches of government? Are political parties in the constitution? Here’s a clue, no they are not. 

Responses like yours is one of the reasons I took a break from this board. There’s enough stupid in regular life to come here and have to read stupid takes like yours. 

33 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

@NVGiant I know there is a danger that inviting San Diegan only increases our chances of becoming Vikings or turning on each other like Lord or the Flies, but with Bluerules gone we really need some forward thinking pest control ideas on the island.

image.jpeg.33b6416054e8f37091f6f63046f90061.jpeg :rotflmfao:

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Thanks. I watched a few minutes of the taibbi clip. I will watch the rest.

Did Flynn do anything legit bad in your opinion? Not that it would legitimize any impropriety from the FBI but I just want to hope that the court of public opinion isn't letting a bad guy off on a technicality just because he was nailed on a technicality, so to speak. I'm sure there's plenty of room for them both to be corrupt and shitty.

My main quibble with Flynn was him trying to have it both ways once he got his new stud counsel. He wanted the case dismissed, but also didn’t want to withdraw his guilty plea because under it he was subject to a lot less punishment. I can see how legally he would think that’s the best course and clearly you don’t want to gamble against the feds, but I wish he’d withdrawn it. The case was already taking major hits after the Mueller and IG reports. Any other revelations were likely to be in his favor, as they ultimately were.

If he outright lied to to cops that’s wrong. It doesn’t seem like he did. All my other problems with him are policy disagreements.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

57 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You do make a good point. 

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

+++++ Flynn. He lied and plead guilty to it twice, then refused to withdraw the plea because it would open him up to harsher prosecution. He was still wrong, the cops were just dastardly more wrong.

Flynn only plead guilty because Mueller’s team made it clear they were going to go after his son and family if he didn’t. There’s a lot lot more that’s  going to come out, and Flynn never should have been interviewed by the FBI in the first place. The whole Mueller special counsel never should’ve happened in the first place. 

I doubt it would happen, but the Justice Dept. could still go after him again down the road. So he’s still going to need a pardon from Trump to ensure he’s really through with this. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

My fight is against people that want to ignore our constitution and allow governmental abuse to occur. 

Ive barely been on this board the last two months. I don’t have the time or energy to argue anymore with people that don’t care enough about governmental abuse except when it happens to their team. 

And you think I am one of these people do you? Look, I was thinking about another smart-ass post, but that's not getting us anywhere. I get that you don't appreciate my gallows humor. And I think you missed the context of why I said what I said to Toonkee (take a look at toonkee's first posts on this thread where he joked that it's best to be ignorant).

I do care. It just doesn't surprise me one bit. But here's the thing that drives me crazy and why I brought up the Oregon bomber case, which was a big issue here. The Bundys are another example of ridiculous behavior by federal law enforcement. Because these numbnuts can't seem to make a case without entrapping people, not only do they shit all over our ideals, they make martyrs of shitbags like Flynn. And nevermind this...

Which depending on how much you trust this DOJ, you'll believe or you won't. Which is the issue that I was bringing up when I said that there is a complete breakdown in trust. 

Our institutions are completely broken. So excuse me if I don't quite express your outrage over this particular piece of news. It's just another day in this banana republic. And I'm +++++ing spent.

17 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Flynn only plead guilty because Mueller’s team made it clear they were going to go after his son and family if he didn’t. There’s a lot lot more that’s  going to come out, and Flynn never should have been interviewed by the FBI in the first place. The whole Mueller special counsel never should’ve happened in the first place. 

I doubt it would happen, but the Justice Dept. could still go after him again down the road. So he’s still going to need a pardon from Trump to ensure he’s really through with this. 

I was wrong to say Flynn lied. It had been my understanding before reading the filing in depth that Flynn’s answers were at odds with the transcripts he wasn’t shown. Having read the relevant parts today I don’t think he lied.

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

And you think I am one of these people do you? Look, I was thinking about another smart-ass post, but that's not getting us anywhere. I get that you don't appreciate my gallows humor. And I think you missed the context of why I said what I said to Toonkee (take a look at toonkee's first posts on this thread where he joked that it's best to be ignorant).

I do care. It just doesn't surprise me one bit. But here's the thing that drives me crazy and why I brought up the Oregon bomber case, which was a big issue here. The Bundys are another example of ridiculous behavior by federal law enforcement. Because these numbnuts can't seem to make a case without entrapping people, not only do they shit all over our ideals, they make martyrs of shitbags like Flynn. And nevermind this...

Which depending on how much you trust this DOJ, you'll believe or you won't. Which is the issue that I was bringing up when I said that there is a complete breakdown in trust. 

Our institutions are completely broken. So excuse me if I don't quite express your outrage over this particular piece of news. It's just another day in this banana republic. And I'm +++++ing spent.

I didn’t say you were one of those people. Most of the time I don’t disagree with your opinions. 

I fully understand where you are with trust. I don’t trust any of our institutions anymore either. I guess the difference between us is I haven’t given up yet. 

Youll have to excuse me if I don’t take Popehat as gospel. I too follow him and read his tweets for a long time. He’s been dead wrong about FISA abuse and a number of other issues. He’s also wrong about this too. 

4 hours ago, toonkee said:

I have not. had a trip kinda planned for it one year but the other reason for going to Oregon crapped out so that did too.

I played golf twice a week for 15 years or so and then life came calling with little ones, ageing father (who was my golf buddy), and just kind of fell out of the rhythm of playing. Last few years I've played maybe 6 rounds. I keep saying I have to get back out there and get going again before I get too old but once you fall out of playing regularly that time gets replaced by other things I suppose and now it seems difficult. One of my kids is asking about playing more so hopefully we can get that going.

Kids are murder on a golf game. I got my daughter clubs and that has really helped, 

If you get the spiritual side of the game, which you do, you’ll get back to it. Sharing it with a kid is special.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yep!  That's the place.  And clam chowder in a big giant styrofoam cup.  I'm in to have you guys kick my ass in a round of golf as long as we stop for some fish n chips afterwards!

Place is awesome. And the clam chowder is the best. I’d love to do that!

4 hours ago, toonkee said:

Oh, I would. I love walking, I love a little wind and hitting creative shots. I appreciate great golf architecture. I care more about that smooth greens or perfect fairways. I want to be reincarnated in Ireland next life.

This is exactly right. And it’s not a stuffy place it all, unlike a place like Pebble. I

52 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Kids are murder on a golf game. I got my daughter clubs and that has really helped, 

If you get the spiritual side of the game, which you do, you’ll get back to it. Sharing it with a kid is special.

I know it from the kid's point of view. My dad and grandfather were superintendents. I was always around golf courses but really didn't get interested until I was 19 or 20. Called up my pops who I hadn't been around much since I was about 12 and told him I had been playing golf. He lit up like a Christmas tree. We played every week after that, almost no matter what the conditions, for 15 years. Healed a lot of damage between us. I know those times on the course mean as much to him as anything.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

BTW what happened to bluerules? 

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well, I cannot guarantee there will be no pillaging. But FWIW I do bring my own rum, so there's that. And I don't slow down a foursome, either.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

8 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

BTW what happened to bluerules? 

He got the boot for being so... bluerules. Smart money says he'll be back like Vishnu in his tenth incarnation, if Vishnu was a racist asshat.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg