Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

DOJ drops case against General Michael Flynn

8 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Happy, you’re invited to my desert island, as is @smltwnrckr and @toonkee. There is also room for @BSUTOP25 and @halfmanhalfbronco, so long as they bring their grandmas.

I would’ve invited @thelawlorfaithful, but he crapped on the whole idea.

In my defense, I didn’t know there would be a golf course on the island.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

16 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Watching the trump guys circle the bases on this, as if "our corruption ended up trumping your corruption" is worth celebrating, is kinda worrisome

No, we just read a lot of bullshit on this board for the last 3 1/2 years. Feels good to let the truth come forward and clean it all out. 

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Backer you have turned in to such a goddamn lunatic that the only read anyone can get from you is "if you don't like it, it is damaging to Trump". That's it. Objectivity from you is as distant a memory as the bronze boot is for csu fans. 

LOL. Considering I was right about FISA, Russian collusion, the Mueller Report and now Flynn and I'm the lunatic. Ok.

Why is it you never question the objectivity of the people that were wrong on all those issues?

15 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Happy, you’re invited to my desert island, as is @smltwnrckr and @toonkee. There is also room for @BSUTOP25 and @halfmanhalfbronco, so long as they bring their grandmas.

We will bring our fry sauce recipes and you can help settle a critical debate.  With our without a touch of dill pickle?  Fingers steaks for everybody!  

21 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

There are a handful of alternatives but they never happen because at the end of the day people don't want them. I don't think white collar crimes (let alone those allegedly perpetrated by the president's friends) should be the starting point for reigning in police and prosecutorial misconduct. 

One unjust prosecution dropped is unequivocally a better starting point than no unjust prosecutions dropped. And given the implications of the corruption involved in this prosecution: the functioning of our system of government, it’s dedication to our rights and the rule of law; it seems a better start than most process (not white collar) crimes.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Apparently good enough to nick a nerve.

No Jack, I often agree with you and feel you make smart people dumber and hinder winning arguments. You don’t nick a nerve, you’re actively unhelpful to your cause.

25 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Watching the trump guys circle the bases on this, as if "our corruption ended up trumping your corruption" is worth celebrating, is kinda worrisome

This whole thing sucked from the start.   Its really too bad we are here, and this is just the 1st inning.

I see much damage to our country.

Happy facepalmed me. I imagine at this minute there is a 9% chance he is in the third paragraph of a well reasoned, airtight post as to how we couldn’t support the infrastructure needed to maintain a golf course and the reason he demands it be it be a temperate rainforest island is because our 21st century skills would leave us dead of exposure or starvation otherwise.

25 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

If you called it a “dessert” island, you could probably get some AAC fans to come along. ;) 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

One unjust prosecution dropped is unequivocally a better starting point than no unjust prosecutions dropped. And given the implications of the corruption involved in this prosecution: the functioning of our system of government, it’s dedication to our rights and the rule of law; it seems a better start than most process (not white collar) crimes.

It's not unequivocally the case. The AG essentially has just functioned as the defense attorney for the president's friend. As Hero of the Universe Ken White has stated, it's transparently corrupt and would have failed if the defense had made the same argument (and will fail in the future when defense attorneys like White make it to the SAME Justice Department). Prosecutorial reform does not mean that the prosecution should function as the defense, because that will carry itself out as it did here - selectively, and to support the interests of the prosecutor or his boss. Is there an argument that this is ultimately good on balance because the outcome was one less crime prosecuted that ultimately didn't really harm anyone? Sure. You're making it. But that argument doesn't care anything about process... it's entirely ends based. And I always took you as a fan of process. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner

Best analysis I've seen on why General Flynn got screwed and this investigation was corrupt.

Comments from Author and Reporter for Rolling Stone, Matt Taibbi (who is not a Republican).

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Happy facepalmed me. I imagine at this minute there is a 9% chance he is in the third paragraph of a well reasoned, airtight post as to how we couldn’t support the infrastructure needed to maintain a golf course and the reason he demands it be it be a temperate rainforest island is because our 21st century skills would leave us dead of exposure or starvation otherwise.

Good news is you are bringing along some Idahoans.  I would propose one of the many islands off the Western Coast of Canada. There are dozens that are rather large and uninhabited. Rich in resources and with minimal 21'st century equipment like chainsaws, guns (for hunting and masturbation purposes), fishing equipment, a small boat.  We could live like kings.  And we could go on raiding parties and win women from those pussy Canucks.  We could clear enough land for a golf course and would not need to water it in that part of the world, it would just be old Irish style.  Long grass, not well maintained.  

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Good news is you are bringing along some Idahoans.  I would propose one of the many islands off the Western Coast of Canada. There are dozens that are rather large and uninhabited. Rich in resources and with minimal 21'st century equipment like chainsaws, guns (for hunting and masturbation purposes), fishing equipment, a small boat.  We could live like kings.  And we could go on raiding parties and win women from those pussy Canucks.  We could clear enough land for a golf course and would not need to water it in that part of the world, it would just be old Irish style.  Long grass, not well maintained.  

or...

0a676de2cb5cb0648d0dfb47321bcc0f.jpg

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We will bring our fry sauce recipes and you can help settle a critical debate.  With our without a touch of dill pickle?  Fingers steaks for everybody!  

Definitely with the dill pickle!

26 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I was going to say no thanks until you mentioned the grandmas. Would be one hell of a sausage party without them.