Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

DOJ drops case against General Michael Flynn

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

This thread just shows me how thoroughly obsessed the Trumpists around here are with me. :lol:

It's not obsession, it's pity. I feel bad for you.

For years you attacked me and others that tried to tell you the truth. You called me every name in the book. And now that it's come out you were wrong on everything you have yet to even acknowledge it nor say you were wrong or apologize to any of us for the things you said to us. For years you mocked me when I said this day would come. Now you aren't even man enough to say you were wrong. 

It goes to show how little character you have as a person.  

11 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

A lot of "liberals" are really upset that corrupt prosecutors and the law enforcement hid a deal not to prosecute Flynn's innocent son in order to coerce a guilty plea ended up not succeeding. 

If you followed this the last three years and especially the last 2 months you'd have seen what the FBI and DOJ did was frame this guy. And they do this to people all the time all around the country. Our system is broken. 

Instead of being happy justice finally prevailed all some of you see is partisan politics. It's sad and you should be embarrassed. 

How do you know if his son was innocent, or complicit?  I find it unusual that they'd dangle an innocent son out there, if he was.

3 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

It's not obsession, it's pity. I feel bad for you.

For years you attacked me and others that tried to tell you the truth. You called me every name in the book. And now that it's come out you were wrong on everything you have yet to even acknowledge it nor say you were wrong or apologize to any of us for the things you said to us. For years you mocked me when I said this day would come. Now you aren't even man enough to say you were wrong. 

It goes to show how little character you have as a person.  

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

54 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Well, I'm just glad this was all done in a way that will bring us all together. An independent justice department run by a real crusader for good with an unimpeachable record finally lets us all see the truth. 

LULZ

Seems like a problem when nobody trusts anything.

Just now, aztech said:

How do you know if his son was innocent, or complicit?  I find it unusual that they'd dangle an innocent son out there, if he was.

Because that's the way the FBI works. That's the way the DOJ works. It's corrupt and has been for a long time. There's a reason why the government very rarely ever loses a case. Don't take my word for it. There are plenty of articles and books written detailing the corruption on how the game is played. A simple search on You Tube will give you hundreds of interviews and docs on it. 

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Making law enforcement policies "more accountable to voters" by definition makes the law enforcement agency more politicized. By definition. Maybe that's a good thing. I have my doubts.

But it's cool that FBI investigators now need a signature from a political hack in the AG's office before they can investigate the enemies of people in power. I'm sure this is a game changer.  

Yes, people are fallible and in order to govern we have to accept some of those foibles. If you have a better alternative we’d be glad to hear it. Until then, everything is subjective so nothing can get better gets tiresome.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

You prove my point again. You're not man enough to admit you are wrong. 

You can use that tired meme all you want. Doesn't change the fact you have never been right and have no character as a man. 

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes, people are fallible and in order to govern we have to accept some of those foibles. If you have a better alternative we’d be glad to hear it. Until then, everything is subjective so nothing can get better gets tiresome.

A deserted island seems like a pretty good choice these days.

Just now, NVGiant said:

A deserted island seems like a pretty good choice these days.

And I thought I was an introvert. You must be enjoying two months of quarantine way more than I am.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

There are a handful of alternatives but they never happen because at the end of the day people don't want them. I don't think white collar crimes (let alone those allegedly perpetrated by the president's friends) should be the starting point for reigning in police and prosecutorial misconduct. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

And I thought I was an introvert. You must be enjoying two months of quarantine way more than I am.

Eh. Golf is still open so I’ve had it worse.

Watching the trump guys circle the bases on this, as if "our corruption ended up trumping your corruption" is worth celebrating, is kinda worrisome

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Watching the trump guys circle the bases on this, as if "our corruption ended up trumping your corruption" is worth celebrating, is kinda worrisome

It's obvious you don't know the facts about the Flynn case if this is your read.

I'll take this guy's word for it... 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Happy, you’re invited to my desert island, as is @smltwnrckr and @toonkee. There is also room for @BSUTOP25 and @halfmanhalfbronco, so long as they bring their grandmas.

I would’ve invited @thelawlorfaithful, but he crapped on the whole idea.

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

It's obvious you don't know the facts about the Flynn case if this is your read.

Backer you have turned in to such a goddamn lunatic that the only read anyone can get from you is "if you don't like it, it is damaging to Trump". That's it. Objectivity from you is as distant a memory as the bronze boot is for csu fans. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, NVGiant said:

Happy, you’re invited to my desert island, as is @smltwnrckr and @toonkee. There is also room for @BSUTOP25 and @halfmanhalfbronco, so long as they bring their grandmas.

I would’ve invited @thelawlorfaithful, but he crapped on the whole idea.

I want a temperate rainforest island