Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincy

Fresno State 2021 Recruiting

On 7/31/2020 at 9:37 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

local LB Brady Anderson is also announcing on the 8th and with spots closing up i expect local DB Xavier Hailey to have to make his decision sooner or later.

Anderson committed to SDSU last night which was a pleasant surprise for us because he had said that growing up in Bakersfield, he rooted for the Bulldogs.

BTW, is there now an NCAA rule which says that kids who commit to MWC schools are obligated to praise God when they announce? Cuz your recruits and ours are going to a PUBLIC school yet they almost always thank God for helping them get the offer or some such thing.

23 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Anderson committed to SDSU last night which was a pleasant surprise for us because he had said that growing up in Bakersfield, he rooted for the Bulldogs.

BTW, is there now an NCAA rule which says that kids who commit to MWC schools are obligated to praise God when they announce? Cuz your recruits and ours are going to a PUBLIC school yet they almost always thank God for helping them get the offer or some such thing.

apparently we told him to take a hike because he was slow playing us and constantly shopping himself on twitter to every coach west of the rockies.  It's plausible but i had thought we were still pursuing him so i dunno. He's good but not so good i lose sleep...we pulled Hornbeak this cycle, i could live with whiffing on every other local recruit lol.

agree on part 2

5 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

apparently we told him to take a hike because he was slow playing us and constantly shopping himself on twitter to every coach west of the rockies.  It's plausible but i had thought we were still pursuing him so i dunno. He's good but not so good i lose sleep...we pulled Hornbeak this cycle, i could live with whiffing on every other local recruit lol.

Don't get me wrong. Your new staff is killing it.

However, Anderson is an absolute maniac. As I said on the new SDSU board that I help moderate, he reminds me of a kid who played on my HS's team. Anderson is similarly a born again Christian linebacker and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't also shout "Praise Jesus" when he knocks the snot out of somebody. If Anderson stays healthy he's going to be all-conference in 3-4 years.

4 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Don't get me wrong. Your new staff is killing it.

However, Anderson is an absolute maniac. As I said on the new SDSU board that I help moderate, he reminds me of a kid who played on my HS's team. Anderson is similarly a born again Christian linebacker and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't also shout "Praise Jesus" when he knocks the snot out of somebody. If Anderson stays healthy he's going to be all-conference in 3-4 years.

he reminds me of Tyler Mello, who we did keep home last year. 

A recruit who was once considered a four-star prospect is heading to Fresno State. Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra class of 2020 outside linebacker Justin Houston announced his commitment to the Bulldogs on Wednesday.

Earlier in the recruiting process, Houston was ranked as a four-star recruit with a Composite score of .9234 - higher than any prospect to ever commit to Fresno State. He finished with a three-star rating and a score that makes him by far the top-ranked commit in the Bulldogs' 2020 class.

The 6-foot-3 athlete received offers from schools including Arizona State, Boston College, Florida, Kansas, LSU, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, South Carolina, Utah and Vanderbilt. He also received interest from USC, where his older brother John Houston is a senior linebacker.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

The commitment of Houston jumped the ranking of the 2020 class up by four spots.

Harry I'm sure got aroused at the sight of that.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, Super six said:

A recruit who was once considered a four-star prospect is heading to Fresno State. Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra class of 2020 outside linebacker Justin Houston announced his commitment to the Bulldogs on Wednesday.

Earlier in the recruiting process, Houston was ranked as a four-star recruit with a Composite score of .9234 - higher than any prospect to ever commit to Fresno State. He finished with a three-star rating and a score that makes him by far the top-ranked commit in the Bulldogs' 2020 class.

The 6-foot-3 athlete received offers from schools including Arizona State, Boston College, Florida, Kansas, LSU, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, South Carolina, Utah and Vanderbilt. He also received interest from USC, where his older brother John Houston is a senior linebacker.

Why did he transfer?

On 9/29/2020 at 12:49 AM, BleedRebelRed said:

Fresno St has been named by two 247Sports experts as the strong favorite to land WR Alonzo Fontenette.  If he commits, Fontenette will become the second highest rated MWC commit in the '21 class.

Biggins was the first one in with that crystal ball... the only one that he's missed this year was Gusta, who initially committed to us, and then later flipped.