Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincy

Fresno State 2021 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Second commit of the week, expecting at least one more today. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Rolan-Fullwood-46085762/

3* OL from Lawndale. Hopeful that his teammate, Johnathan Arceneaux, commits today as well.

Skeptical that Fulwood's offer from USC was commitable but still a pac-12 quality OL.

Arceneax has the more impressive offer sheet...literally every MWC team plus Cal, Utah, and Oregon State.

3 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Skeptical that Fulwood's offer from USC was commitable but still a pac-12 quality OL.

Arceneax has the more impressive offer sheet...literally every MWC team plus Cal, Utah, and Oregon State.

Yeah, I think his only P5 commitable offer was Kansas. He's a seriously big dude, and hopes to get first year playing time. 

22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yeah, I think his only P5 commitable offer was Kansas. He's a seriously big dude, and hopes to get first year playing time. 

I was very disappointed with our OL recruiting initially last year but we closed out the year with two pac-12 guys and picked up a couple bouncebacks that i really wanted out of HS. Trenches recruiting is the hardest...the fact that we're continually picking up quality guys there is amazing.

4 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I was very disappointed with our OL recruiting initially last year but we closed out the year with two pac-12 guys and picked up a couple bouncebacks that i really wanted out of HS. Trenches recruiting is the hardest...the fact that we're continually picking up quality guys there is amazing.

Agreed on both points. Like with the Tedford hire, I wasn't sold on DeBoer simply because there wasn't really any selection process, the AD knew who they wanted and gave lip service to the hiring process outside of their chosen candidate. That said, he's put together one helluva recruiting staff... now we just need to hope their recruiting skills translate to on the field coaching skills as well. 

Just now, retrofade said:

Agreed on both points. Like with the Tedford hire, I wasn't sold on DeBoer simply because there wasn't really any selection process, the AD knew who they wanted and gave lip service to the hiring process outside of their chosen candidate. That said, he's put together one helluva recruiting staff... now we just need to hope their recruiting skills translate to on the field coaching skills as well. 

I was told that several of the most impressive names in the coaching search threw their hat in the ring under the assumption they'd be getting a contract identical to tedford's...Deboer's contract may be rich for an untried coach but we weren't getting some of the flashy names with anything under 2mil a year base 

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Rebs doing pretty darn well too. 

SDSU is doing better, both Fresno St and SDSU have had huge a huge week.

But by Reb standards the Rebs are doing great.  The key will be to make it to signing day.  Colorado has prioritized flipping UNLV's QB commit (after Colorado poached Arroyo's QB coach last February two months after he was hired to UNLV) and it has been a problem in recent years with teams like ASU, Oregon, and Arkansas flipping commits before they make it to signing day.

3 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

SDSU is doing better, both Fresno St and SDSU have had huge a huge week.

But by Reb standards the Rebs are doing great.  The key will be to make it to signing day.  Colorado has prioritized flipping UNLV's QB commit (after Colorado poached Arroyo's QB coach last February two months after he was hired to UNLV) and it has been a problem in recent years with teams like ASU, Oregon, and Arkansas flipping commits before they make it to signing day.

Yeah we all have that problem.  WSU just flipped Gusta.  

In what is probably the most eyebrow-raising rating i have seen in some time, ESPN has rated Rolan Fulwood as a 4-star top-100 recruit in the country.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/243622/rolan-fullwood

He's good, but i don't think he's that good...lol.

7 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

In what is probably the most eyebrow-raising rating i have seen in some time, ESPN has rated Rolan Fulwood as a 4-star top-100 recruit in the country.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/243622/rolan-fullwood

He's good, but i don't think he's that good...lol.

Wow.  That will pull up his average