Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Viruses, aliens & hornets, oh my!!

Maybe we should be afraid of the praying mantis. Very cool video. It’s funny how things go viral. I’ve read the only murder wasps found in North America already had their nest destroyed. Honey bees should be more afraid of Zombie flies.

10 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Maybe we should be afraid of the praying mantis. Very cool video. It’s funny how things go viral. I’ve read the only murder wasps found in North America already had their nest destroyed. Honey bees should be more afraid of Zombie flies.

Hopefully it was the only nest, but only time will tell.

10 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

They couldn't build a new one?  Seriously, I'm hardly a wasp/hornet/bee aficionado.  I destroy wasp nests in my backyard all the time, in about a week I get a new one.  It doesn't seem like destroying the nest ends the problem.

25 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

Let’s see how it went for “The King of Sting” when he sought one out. 

He “enters the sting zone“ around the 11 min mark  

Just f*&king brilliant.  Surely this guy is an Ivy Leaguer.  :blink:

1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Or a Boise guy...part and parcel right?

I was trying to stay away from the low hanging fruit.

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

They couldn't build a new one?  Seriously, I'm hardly a wasp/hornet/bee aficionado.  I destroy wasp nests in my backyard all the time, in about a week I get a new one.  It doesn't seem like destroying the nest ends the problem.

The National Geographic article I read says they have only found and destroyed 1 colony on Vancouver Island but they found one live wasp that got away and a dead one in BC that might be genetically different. So maybe there is a new colony somewhere. Something to take our minds off Covid and Russian collusion.

9 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

The National Geographic article I read says they have only found and destroyed 1 colony on Vancouver Island but they found one live wasp that got away and a dead one in BC that might be genetically different. So maybe there is a new colony somewhere. Something to take our minds off Covid and Russian collusion.

I say rub down the sting guy with apricot juice and send him out to find the colonies.

And yeah, this is way more interesting than Covid actually.

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I say rub down the sting guy with apricot juice and send him out to find the colonies.

And yeah, this is way more interesting than Covid actually.

I wonder who would win in battle: the Asian murder wasps or the African killer bees?

On 5/8/2020 at 8:44 AM, NMpackalum said:

I just looked up zombie flies. ...totally forgot about them.  That's some crazy shit. I wonder how many companies are doing testing with that fungi. ...

user generated

On 5/10/2020 at 12:14 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

My birthday is next month, and since sports won’t be back, I think I want to have a zoom party where we rewatch the 2019 nfc championship game. 

21 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

My birthday is next month, and since sports won’t be back, I think I want to have a zoom party where we rewatch the 2019 nfc championship game. 

I will send you my Zoom mtg ID.