Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine

UNLV Football Home But No Home?

Well the article is horribly written and some of the statements are false... like the Raiders owning the stadium...

But I cant defend my Rebels here... they along with the Raiders botched this and its enbarrassing for the university to have to play a single game at Sam Boyd... hopefully its only the one game, and they figure out the Arizona State game.

I thought I read at some point that the Raiders could force the Rebels back to Sam Boyd in either or both of the first two Saturday's in September, but after that it was pretty much settled and the Rebels were locked into the new stadium the rest of the season, and subsequent seasons.

Unless something has changed, this is very old news.  Then again it's the mwwire, so business as usual.

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I thought I read at some point that the Raiders could force the Rebels back to Sam Boyd in either or both of the first two Saturday's in September, but after that it was pretty much settled and the Rebels were locked into the new stadium the rest of the season, and subsequent seasons.

Unless something has changed, this is very old news.  Then again it's the mwwire, so business as usual.

yes, this is exactly it. these guys have consistently not done their research, and make these kind of statements, like the raiders own the stadium, (no, they don't, lol) and that in future years the rebels may have to play at sam boyd (no, they won't.)

and even for this year, the raiders will not be able to fill up the stadium with a concert, lol. not now. and even if they did, why not play the game on friday..

8 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

yes, this is exactly it. these guys have consistently not done their research, and make these kind of statements, like the raiders own the stadium, (no, they don't, lol) and that in future years the rebels may have to play at sam boyd (no, they won't.)

and even for this year, the raiders will not be able to fill up the stadium with a concert, lol. not now. and even if they did, why not play the game on friday..

Their work has really gone down hill after being called out over and over on this board for ripping off our posters for articles.  At least we know the MWC,  They are not even MWC fans, just looking for a check.

Jessup didn't sit in on the stadium negotiations to guarantee UNLV the ASU\LA-Tech game in Allegiant for 2020. Chalk this up to typical UNLV administration incompetence.

Raiders would be doing UNLV a solid by giving them the ASU game...and with how this corona shit is going, all this might be irrelevant anyway. 

What is in the joint-use agreement that is ironclad is that UNLV will be guaranteed 2 OOC games and 4 conference games at Allegiant every season starting in 2021. This is just a hiccup in what will otherwise be an amazing future in the most luxurious, technologically advanced, and famous stadium in the f*cking world baby!!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I was planning on cheering for the Raiders starting this season... Born and raised in Vegas, I felt I had to because they are going to be my home town team.

I have been a Saints fan since the mid 80's and I will be staying that way.

The fact that the Raiders aren't doing everything they can to work with UNLV who is a joint tenant is a load of crap.

I hope they sell out every game (for the city) and the stadium is 60+% visiting fans.  The Raiders themselves can go 0-16 for all I care at this point.

3 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Who could have seen this coming? This stadium deal was a joke and the Raiders and their special interests +++++ed Vegas sideways.

Vegas F'd themselves.  They had ALL the leverage in the beginning:  $900mm in tax revenue, permitting, etc... They pissed that all away & have no one to blame but themselves.

So let me get this straight:

* Vegas chips in $900mm of tax revenue

* The MWC loses the Vegas Bowl

* Southern NV still has to pay for maintenance on Sam Boyd

* Find a company that will do concessions for 1-2 games-a-yr at Sam Boyd

What a fricken shyte show.  

5 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

So wait....we are getting the Las Vegas Bowl back & you guys don't have to pay for another yrs' maintenance on Sam Boyd Stadium.  You lost me.

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Jessup didn't sit in on the stadium negotiations to guarantee UNLV the ASU\LA-Tech game in Allegiant for 2020. Chalk this up to typical UNLV administration incompetence.

Raiders would be doing UNLV a solid by giving them the ASU game...and with how this corona shit is going, all this might be irrelevant anyway. 

What is in the joint-use agreement that is ironclad is that UNLV will be guaranteed 2 OOC games and 4 conference games at Allegiant every season starting in 2021. This is just a hiccup in what will otherwise be an amazing future in the most luxurious, technologically advanced, and famous stadium in the f*cking world baby!!

Who is Jessup & where was he/she when y'all lost the Las Vegas Bowl for the Conf?

Just now, GoState99755 said:

Who is Jessup & where was he/she when y'all lost the Las Vegas Bowl for the Conf?

Jessup was the pres when the early negotiations were going on, and was halfway out the door at the time. Sisolak actually said 'I'd like to hear from UNLV'. TKM was also on her way out the door. They screwed the rebs over, I seriously doubt this happens if DRF were here.

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

Jessup was the pres when the early negotiations were going on, and was halfway out the door at the time. Sisolak actually said 'I'd like to hear from UNLV'. TKM was also on her way out the door. They screwed the rebs over, I seriously doubt this happens if DRF were here.

¿So we're getting the Las Vegas Bowl Back & y'all don't have to pay another yrs' maintenance on Sam Boyd because DRF is the new sheriff in-town?

1 hour ago, RebelSaint702 said:

I was planning on cheering for the Raiders starting this season... Born and raised in Vegas, I felt I had to because they are going to be my home town team.

I have been a Saints fan since the mid 80's and I will be staying that way.

The fact that the Raiders aren't doing everything they can to work with UNLV who is a joint tenant is a load of crap.

I hope they sell out every game (for the city) and the stadium is 60+% visiting fans.  The Raiders themselves can go 0-16 for all I care at this point.

I will never root for the Raiders. I'll stick with the Cleveland Browns.

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

¿So we're getting the Las Vegas Bowl Back & y'all don't have to pay another yrs' maintenance on Sam Boyd because DRF is the new sheriff in-town?

what are you talking about, nobody ever said that.

5 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

The day it opens it will already be number two in those categories. There is a reason it costs half as much as the new stadium in Inglewood. 

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

yet Temple and South Florida are/were able to get viable deals out of the Eagles/Bucs...why do the Raiders have to be so difficult?

Because they're a bunch of free loaders who can barely afford to own their own team. 

11 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Lol we didn't lose shit. The Las Vegas Bowl outgrew the MWC upgrading to Allegiant making it the best destination bowl in the country. Just like UNLV will outgrow this SHIIIIIIIITHOLEEEE conference and we go to the Pac-12 after Arroyo and Otz bring us to the tippy tippy top!

8 hours ago, Dogday63 said:

The day it opens it will already be number two in those categories. There is a reason it costs half as much as the new stadium in Inglewood. 

Allegiant blows that stadium out of the water. It's not even a dome,. there's no AC.  Only reason the price tag is that much is because of the real estate and every screwjob contractor and politician in that shitstain city has their dick in that pie.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

8 hours ago, Dogday63 said:

...& it's SoBay Adjacent

¡¡¡ VIVA Los Ángeles !!!