Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

May 2020 unemployment numbers

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Will be missing one individual that's been on the books for a while.

Just got a verbal offer a few minutes ago. Damn it feels good. 

Congratulations man. Happy for you.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Congrats Retro!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Congrats!

Unemployment official numbers coming out next week are predicted to be about 16% for the month of April and hover around there for the 2nd quarter.

I think that’s about right as it’s only through mid-April. If it included all of April, I think it would be closer to 20%. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Congrats!

My wife will probably get a letter soon that she won't be rehired next summer (2021). At least that will allow us to plan ahead, but it still sucks because there won't be any similar jobs with equal benefits in the area. 

11 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

My company is hiring like mad if anyone out there is looking. We travel for 6 to 8 weeks at a time and climb upwards of 300' so it takes a special kind of knucklehead to do what we do.

You work on wind or high voltage?

55 minutes ago, 406bleedsblue said:

I work on communication towers. Generally cellphone towers but we also do AM and FM as well.

I'll work on the 5g. They are short.

1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Congrats!  What are you going to be doing?

It's an Escalation Engineer role with a software company. I had a very similar job with a competitor of theirs a while back. 

7 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I'll work on the 5g. They are short.

PM me, we are looking for people all over the country for 5G work. I will get you in touch with an office near you. I don't do the cellular stuff, mainly microwave.

23 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

My company is hiring like mad if anyone out there is looking. We travel for 6 to 8 weeks at a time and climb upwards of 300' so it takes a special kind of knucklehead to do what we do.

I helped build 200 foot high modular microwave radio towers in the army. Scary shit climbing up the side of those to attach guy wires. 

55 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I helped build 200 foot high modular microwave radio towers in the army. Scary shit climbing up the side of those to attach guy wires. 

This was at 2079 feet, it's one of the broadcast towers by Isleton, CA. One of the most fun jobs I've ever been a part of.

Screenshot_20200502-130950_Dropbox.jpg

6 minutes ago, 406bleedsblue said:

This was at 2079 feet, it's one of the broadcast towers by Isleton, CA. One of the most fun jobs I've ever been a part of.

JFC. No way I would ever be climbing one of those things. I have a fear of heights. Yet I still went sky diving once. 

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:
10 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

JFC. No way I would ever be climbing one of those things. I have a fear of heights. Yet I still went sky diving once. 

We actually caught some base jumpers one morning on that tower. I've always wanted to go skydiving but haven't yet. The wife and I did bungee jump in Vegas though.