Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Lunatic Fringe is active

50 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

"no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will."

Ronald Reagan.

It was dumb when he was saying it because of scary black panthers and it is dumb now.

8 hours ago, coalman29 said:

Somebody needs to tell this protestor that nobody is going to take his stance seriously if he's wasting time playing the circle game with the other gun-toting patriots.....

IMG_8256.jpg

Ammosexual chic.    That is a sweet camo print.  

Posted Image

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It was dumb when he was saying it because of scary black panthers and it is dumb now.

Nah. It’s only dumb because he was only applying it to black people. Had he meant all people, it’s not dumb. While I wholeheartedly respect your rights to do it, CHOOSING to walk around downtown Boise with a loaded sidearm or walking into the state capitol with a loaded rifle is kinda dumb.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Nah. It’s only dumb because he was only applying it to black people. Had he meant all people, it’s not dumb. While I wholeheartedly respect your rights to do it, CHOOSING to walk around downtown Boise with a loaded sidearm or walking into the state capitol with a loaded rifle is kinda dumb.

No, it’s a god damn right. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

In the words of one journalist, these guys need to quit LARPing

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No, it’s a god damn right. 

Yes it is, and I do not argue that. But I also have the right to walk up to Mike Tyson and call him a cocksucker. That doesn't make it smart.

19 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Yes it is, and I do not argue that. But I also have the right to walk up to Mike Tyson and call him a cocksucker. That doesn't make it smart.

Dood — everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. ;) 

32 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Fighting words doctrine, bruh.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

27 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Fighting words doctrine, bruh.

Not to try to make sense of the fighting words doctrine, but I don't think name-calling alone would fit under it. And it's not exactly applied much as it is. Don't make me cut you.

16 hours ago, coalman29 said:

Somebody needs to tell this protestor that nobody is going to take his stance seriously if he's wasting time playing the circle game with the other gun-toting patriots.....

IMG_8256.jpg

Well at least he isn’t wearing a MAGA hat also.

34 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

What well regulated militia do you  belong to ?? 

You’re putting the cart before the horse because nowhere in there does it say a person MUST belong to a militia. Just that a militia is necessary for the security of a free state. But let’s be honest, you don’t care about that so no use arguing with you. 

39 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

DC. Vs Heller.

It's a god damn right.

Would that be the same DC vs Heller where Scalia wrote gun rights aren’t absolute? 

from Heller....

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of fire- arms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. 

Seems to me you and your sidekick are vastly overstating the rights granted by Heller.  

Just to be clear... I am an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment but all of it.  I think we need more and better guns but those need to be under the auspicies, training and regulation of local militias.   We need more people, across a wider range of political views, better trained, and better armed.