Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

CV-19 a boon for enrollment at schools like Boise Fall '20

48 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

If you can't answer the question, you can always delete it again & come back w/calling me "slow," followed by a jab at the Colorado stereotype

Ok

It is likely your mother smoked dope while pregnant.  

We will see more of your kind as dope is smoked daily by the pregnant women in your state.  It is not good

25 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Button pushing & name calling are more you style.  Got it!

Enjoy avoiding substance & mutual respect.

958F1CEF-D7A9-448E-B5DB-7FB1E7CF117B.jpeg

OP starts a thread attempting to make fun of a school’s academics and the intelligence of its alumni. Then cries like a bitch when the tables are turned on him. Lol

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I think what I said went completely over your head.

You came across loud 'n' clear.  Your main point was:   Calif schools "...could see a drop in enrollment from Asia due to the virus."

However, as soon as you made the statement:  “…telling American students---sorry, no room!!” you opened the door to a wealth of questions.  For example:

Q#1 - ¿Why are you framing this an “Asian”-vs-“American” issue, not a Int’l Student/Out-of-State Student -vs- California Student question?

Q#2 - ¿Are the Int’l Students keeping In-State Students out, or are their inflated tuitions lowering in-State tuition &/or increasing the number of In-State Students that can attend by using the Int’l/Out-of-State windfall to increase capacity?

Don't forget, a high tide lifts all boats.

Furthermore your statement “the California schools have been padding their tuition by admitting huge numbers of foreign national students from Asia,” begs for a closer look.

The UCs & CSUs are not “…padding their tuition by admitting huge numbers of…” Int’l Students.  They are padding their revenue by padding Int’l Student tuitions.

Q#3 - ¿Why no mention of the lost revenue from Out-of-State Students?  These students pay exponential more in tuition than California Residents.  Of course, it’s too early to tell, however CV-19 might even effect the UCs/CSUs revenue from Out-of-State Students more than the Int'l Students, when you consider that many of the stats show CV-19 is hitting the US harder than many other country.  Of course, we won’t know until this thing plays its self out, and who knows how accurate those int’l CV-19 #s are.

============================

Here are a few thoughts, not related to the tangent above, however are somewhat related to your OP on CV-19 effects on int’l Asian enrollment at UCs/CSUs:

I have a hunch there’s a BIG Vietnamese student pop at CSU-José, however I don’t know if it’s mostly Vietnamese-Americans, or if there are a substantial numbers of Vietnamese Nationals going to school in the SoBay.

I know you were just talking of the top-of-your-head when you were you hypothesize that Asian enrollment in Calif schools came  mainly “…from China (also possibly Korea, and Japan).”  This got me curious, so I looked up UCLA’s (University of Caucasians Lost among Asians) numbers up.  Keep in mind I have no idea if UCLA’s numbers reflect int’l enrollment across all UCs & CSUs.

UCLA’s Int’l Students Country of Origin:

#1 - China

#2 - South Korea

#3 - India

#4 - Canada

#5 - Taiwan

You were pretty close.  I think many Westerners (like myself) only thinking of East Asians as Asian.  Many of us forget a majority of Russia, many former members of the USSR, and the worlds 2nd most populous country India are all Asian nations as well.  In addition, Taiwan’s relationship with China is extremely murky and complicates things.

I’m guessing having Japan on your list would have been accurate in the ’80s, however I don’t think Japan has still fully recovered from their Lost Decade which began with their great financial crash in the early-‘90s.  SoKorea's #2 spot...and the fact that Japan isn't even on the list, is remarkable when you realize the Japanese pop is 2.5x greater, than SoKorea's.

https://dailybruin.com/2014/11/18/ucla-ranks-sixth-in-nation-for-international-student-enrollment

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I guess if I totally missed that there is ZERO connection between student preference between an on-campus residential school & on-line learning from Mom & Dad's house, & spikes in college application during poor economic times, I'd what to forget about it too.  ¿Is that why you didn't address it in your last response & deleted the bold portion of my post above when you quoted me?

The fact still remains, you didn't answer my last question.  Here goes again:  ¿What does exploiting the brand new scenario of a residential campus, suddenly becoming non-residential campus over-night for a joke, have do w/one's knowledge of the historical effects of economic down-turns on enrollment to institutions of higher learning?

If you can't answer the question, you can always delete it again & come back w/calling me "slow," followed by a jab at the Colorado stoner stereotype that doesn't apply to me.

As long as, you brought up the topic of The MJ.  Can you explain to me why a State like wyo w/so many freedom loving Patriots, has yet trusted its residents w/the freedom of buying & using cannabis? 

3 hours ago, slappy said:

Ok

It is likely your mother smoked dope while pregnant.  <---I  Swing 'n' a miss again @slappy.  Mom's never lived in Colo.  She was an RN & didn't even smoke cigarette when she was pregnant w/me.  Who knows about her early days in Nursing School & living SF in the 60's, but I serious doubt my Mom who hardly even has more that 1/2-dozen glasses o' wine a-yr (it's been decades since I've seen her have a cocktail & I may have never seen her drink a beer) was a big aficionado of the herb.  

We will see more of your kind as dope is smoked daily by the pregnant women in your state.   <---I  Can you enlighten me, as to which State is my state?  It is not good

Q#1 - What are you so up tight about the weed usage?  Q#2 - Why do you find it so funny?  

Here's your THIRD & final chance to defend your mistake assumption above:  

Q#2 (3x) - ¿What does exploiting the brand new scenario of a residential campus, suddenly becoming non-residential campus over-night for a joke, have do w/one's knowledge of the historical effects of economic down-turns on enrollment at institutions of higher learning? 

15 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

¿What does exploiting the brand new scenario of a residential campus, suddenly becoming non-residential campus over-night for a joke,

Just joking

Ok me too. 

3 chances is way too many.  

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Just joking

Ok me too. 

3 chances is way too many.  

See...now that is WITTY & AWSOME.  This time you deleted everything but my question.

That GREAT, funny and adds to the board.  Way better than your same old dead horse Colorado stoner schtick!  Or @BSUTOP25's mundane & worn-out MO of calling me "dumb" & "stupid," or clicking the "Idiot" button on every one of my post.

BTW...the list of my questions you won't answer is still growing.

@slappy thank you for making the board a better place with a refreshing witty retort!  Hopefully others around here will follow your lead...

On 4/29/2020 at 2:19 AM, GoState99755 said:

Many students at residential universities, are currently trying to plan "Gap Years," for at least the Fall '20 semester, if not the entire 2020-'21 academic-yr.

Many perspective Freshmen, formerly planing on going away to school nxt-fall are thinking of staying home & taking on-line juco courses, if their primary residential school of choice is going to be teaching on-line.

Lot's of Sophs & some Jrs that still have enough lower-division classes left to take, are considering saving $$$ & staying home to attend an on-line juco.  Schools like Boise CC are ramping up mkt'g, to maximize on the temporary shift back to junior colleges.

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

OP starts a thread attempting to make fun of a school’s academics and the intelligence of its alumni. Then cries like a bitch when the tables are turned on him. Lol

DUDE...I'm making fun of the fact that your school was a Juco until the mid-'60s.  That was well over-half-a-century-ago. ¿Isn't that a bit of a reach to assume that's a slam on your school's current academics over-five-decades ago?  As far as "...the intelligence of...(your) alumni..." is concerned, the youngest member of of Boise CC's (or what ever it was called back then) last class, has got to be like 75-or-so by now.  So am I really poking fun at "...the intelligence of...(Blu Burro) alumni?"

I'm not crying "...like a bitch...(because) the tables are turned."  I'm complaining because your come backs of "dumb," "stupid," "pedophile" & "moron" are immature & even worse stale!!!  Look at my OP.  I hoped some would find it witty, and I'm guessing everyone found it creative at least.  

Let's assume for a moment, I'm wrong & my post did it insult your schools academics.  Boise Fans (and fans from all MWC member schools for that matter) insulting CSU athletics on a regular basis, as CSU fans do to other member schools.  We all have A-Depts, and we are all primarily schools first.  How is it any different slamming the thing that is the primary mission of our various institutions?  

Here's another perspective on it.  If I was "...insulting the intelligence of...(Boise) alumni..." as a whole, is it really turning the tables when you attack me personally?

Come on man.  A rivalry is no fun if one-side is getting butt hurt about slams on something that is +50-yrs back in your institution's history.  

Please do us a favor & pick up your game.  Freshen up your come backs, come up with something more mature than "dumb" & "stupid" & get a little creative buddy!!!

34 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

DUDE...I'm making fun of the fact that your school was a Juco until the mid-'60s.  That was well over-half-a-century-ago. ¿Isn't that a bit of a reach to assume that's a slam on your school's current academics over-five-decades ago?  As far as "...the intelligence of...(your) alumni..." is concerned, the youngest member of of Boise CC's (or what ever it was called back then) last class, has got to be like 75-or-so by now.  So am I really poking fun at "...the intelligence of...(Blu Burro) alumni?"

I'm not crying "...like a bitch...(because) the tables are turned."  I'm complaining because your come backs of "dumb," "stupid," "pedophile" & "moron" are immature & even worse stale!!!  Look at my OP.  I hoped some would find it witty, and I'm guessing everyone found it creative at least.  

Let's assume for a moment, I'm wrong & my post did it insult your schools academics.  Boise Fans (and fans from all MWC member schools for that matter) insulting CSU athletics on a regular basis, as CSU fans do to other member schools.  We all have A-Depts, and we are all primarily schools first.  How is it any different slamming the thing that is the primary mission of our various institutions?  

Here's another perspective on it.  If I was "...insulting the intelligence of...(Boise) alumni..." as a whole, is it really turning the tables when you attack me personally?

Come on man.  A rivalry is no fun if one-side is getting butt hurt about slams on something that is +50-yrs back in your institution's history.  

Please do us a favor & pick up your game.  Freshen up your come backs, come up with something more mature than "dumb" & "stupid" & get a little creative buddy!!!

You should just stop. Take some advice and go do something you’re actually good at, like painting hieroglyphics on a cave wall. 

6 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

See...now that is WITTY & AWSOME.  This time you deleted everything but my question.

That GREAT, funny and adds to the board.  Way better than your same old dead horse Colorado stoner schtick!  Or @BSUTOP25's mundane & worn-out MO of calling me "dumb" & "stupid," or clicking the "Idiot" button on every one of my post.

@slappy thank you for making the board a better place with a refreshing witty retort!  Hopefully others around here will follow your lead...

You are wound up pretty tight right now.  Hope ur quarantine is going well.  Relax this will all pass

11 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You should just stop. Take some advice and go do something you’re actually good at, like painting hieroglyphics on a cave wall. 

Sorry...I forgot substance wasn't your thing.

NOTE TO SELF:  @BSUTOP25 is into pressing the "Idiot" Button & baseless 3rd Grade name calling like:  "stupid," "dumb," "moron;" and Jr High personal attacks like:  "pedophile" & reference to Neanderthals.  He also believes, despite being primarily educational institutions, academic smack is off-limits, especially if it's historical in nature (50 yrs-or-more).   He takes references to the historical nature of the Blu Burros as a JuCo personally & as an attack on the intelligence of the school's alumni as a whole.  Finally, he believes favorable comments about the attractiveness of an 18-y/o woman, who's over 4,500-mi away is pedophilia.  

12 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

¿What's the wyo administration's angle here?  ¿What's the benefit of shifting the academic-yr frwd wether it's on-line -or- on-campus?

The thought is to prevent a second wave on campus apparently during cold and flu season.  They don’t want students leaving for thanksgiving and then all coming back.

23 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Sorry...I forgot substance wasn't your thing.

NOTE TO SELF:  @BSUTOP25 is into pressing the "Idiot" Button & baseless personal attacks like:  "stupid," "dumb," "moron," "pedophile" & reference to Neanderthals.  He also believes, despite being primarily educational institutions, academic smack is off-limits, especially if it's historical in nature (50 yrs-or-more).   He takes references to the historical nature of the Blu Burros as JuCo personally & as an attack on the intelligence of the school's alumni as a whole.  Finally, he believes favorable comments about the attractiveness of an 18-y/o woman, who's over 4,500-mi away is pedophilia.  

Member when you made the racist comment a while back and got called out for it ... then tried to spin it that you were just trying to catch racists? Lol — you’re a joke. 

17 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I don’t understand your point.

Yes Universities are free to use them how they choose. Rarely is that spent on Athletics. For good reason.

People who donate to endowments do so specifically, and may make athletic donations separately, or not at all.

Taught his mom what an endowment really is.  What a skank.

9 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Good?  

He drew this in 2017.  I grabbed it from his moms fridge last week (I worked up an appetite)

Keys to understand what your kids' drawings really tell about them

15 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

8 hours ago, slappy said:

You are wound up pretty tight right now.  Hope ur your quarantine is going well.  Relax this will all pass.         FIFY...ur = "you are," or "you're"

I guess taking a complement isn't your strong suit.

Quarantine is fine.  I'm only 13-days in, because I was in the Arctic before that w/only one-case in an area bigger than 39 States.

The only thing that I can't understand about this quarantine thing is why, none of the fast food wrk'r are wearing masks & some aren't even wearing gloves.  :-(

5 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

The thought is to prevent a second wave on campus apparently during cold and flu season.  They don’t want students leaving for thanksgiving and then all coming back.

The part about returning from Thxgvn'g Break make sense, however I have less faith in their ability to predict the 2nd Wave & then thread needle around that wave.

I wish 'em luck...like I do all MWC schools in these trying time.

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Member when you made the racist comment a while back and got called out for it ... then tried to spin it that you were just trying to catch racists? Lol — you’re a joke. 

No...I don't.  Pls provide a lil' more content.

¿Remember when you called me out for my "literacy" & "grammar," yet refused to provide any specifics on your first & third comment?  Then slightly more than 1/2-a-day-later you spelled "'member" as "member?"

Here's an example of how to use both in a sentence:

Every time @halfmanhalfbronco's mother's "'members" how much she enjoyed the skilled usage of my "member" during our intimate encounters; my phone, txts, eMail & IMs blow-up w/invitations for a repeat performance.  God bless HM-MB's mom...what a sweet, appreciative & diligent woman she was.

@BSUTOP25's oversight is even more memorable because, the most specific he'd get was sighting the misuse of the homonym "patients" & "patience."  I'm not to sure if the use of a contraction qualifies as a homonym, but either way, it's close enough to put a smile on my face.

1 minute ago, GoState99755 said:

No...I don't.  Pls provide a lil' more content.

¿Remember when you called me out for my "literacy" & "grammar," yet refused to provide any specifics on your first & third comment?  Then slightly more than 1/2-a-day-later you spelled "'member" as "member?"

Here's an example of how to use both in a sentence:

Every time @halfmanhalfbronco's mother's "'members" how much she enjoyed the skilled usage of my "member" during our intimate encounters; my phone, txts, eMail & IMs blow-up w/invitations for a repeat performance.  God bless HM-MB's mom...what a sweet, appreciative & diligent woman she was.

@BSUTOP25's oversight is even more memorable because, the most specific he'd get was sighting the misuse of the homonym "patients" & "patience."  I'm not to sure if the use of a contraction qualifies as a homonym, but either way, it's close enough to put a smile on my face.

Lol — you just can’t help yourself. Seriously man, you’re the dumbest person on this board. Just accept it. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Good?  

He drew this in 2017.  I grabbed it from his moms fridge last week (I worked up an appetite)

Keys to understand what your kids' drawings really tell about them

See @BSUTOP25...this is how it's done.  @halfmanhalfbronco creatively blended some some fresh smack in a multi-media format w/'dre's stale old trope.  

I have faith buddy.  If even @slappy was able to do it, surely you can muster up some creativity & fresh takes.

1 minute ago, GoState99755 said:

See @BSUTOP25...this is how it's done.  @halfmanhalfbronco creatively blended some some fresh smack in a multi-media format w/'dre's stale old trope.  

I have faith buddy.  If even @slappy was able to do it, surely you can muster up some creativity & fresh takes.

He’s still saying you’re an idiot. And he’s right.