Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

CV-19 a boon for enrollment at schools like Boise Fall '20

Many students at residential universities, are currently trying to plan "Gap Years," for at least the Fall '20 semester, if not the entire 2020-'21 academic-yr.

Many perspective Freshmen, formerly planing on going away to school nxt-fall are thinking of staying home & taking on-line juco courses, if their primary residential school of choice is going to be teaching on-line.

Lot's of Sophs & some Jrs that still have enough lower-division classes left to take, are considering saving $$$ & staying home to attend an on-line juco.  Schools like Boise CC are ramping up mkt'g, to maximize on the temporary shift back to junior colleges.

===========================================

My oldest-nephew/youngest-godchild was in Indonesia for Lunar New Yrs/Chinese Spring Break from Beijing Film Academy, when China shutdown because of CV-19 the first-time.  Thus, he had to fly back to SoCal-from-Indonesia.  

Several wks later, he had a return ticket back to Beijing for classes, however The PRC closed once again less-than-24-hrs before his departure.  Last I heard, he was able to scrounge up a few classes at El Camino CC in the SoBay of LA, SoCal & all his shyte (except for what he pack for his Indonesian trip) is still in his dorm room at BFA. :-(

I know this is intended to be a dig at Boise State.

But It's actually a boon for enrollment applications at all schools.  Graduating undergraduate students are applying in mass to graduate programs given the economy and lack of jobs right now.  I've heard that law school applications over the past month are off the charts for schools still accepting enrollment applications for Fall 2020.

6 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

But It's actually a boon for enrollment applications at all schools.  

Boise State is currently down 10% from last year, and we have been seeing annual increases of 3-5%. We were down 30% a couple weeks ago so *hopefully* we get back to where we want to be by Fall.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Boise State is currently down 10% from last year, and we have been seeing annual increases of 3-5%. We were down 30% a couple weeks ago so *hopefully* we get back to where we want to be by Fall.

I should clarify - I was referring to graduate school applications.  I am guessing that Boise likely has extensive graduate programs, but I am unaware of any personally.

With the new robust opportunities in long-haul trucking to support our supply chains, I can see why Boise State would benefit. Their placement rates for their CDL program are phenomenal. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I'm guessing that's a nat'l trend.  Tough times for all.  I wish you guys & the rest o' The Conf all the best!

16 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

I'm guessing that's a nat'l trend.  Tough times for all.  I wish you guys & the rest o' The Conf all the best!

If they cancel Football we are all screwed. That would create a 25 million loss for Boise State. Pretty much our entire AD depends on that money. 

On 4/29/2020 at 10:00 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

I know this is intended to be a dig at Boise State.

Yeah CSU fans are a little slow.  Layoffs, bad economy will translate into education enrollment increases.  Been that way for a long time

On 4/29/2020 at 1:20 PM, RogueStout said:

If they cancel Football we are all screwed. That would create a 25 million loss for Boise State. Pretty much our entire AD depends on that money. 

We're all on the same ocean.  The only difference is, some boats are bigger than others:

$376mm - CSU Endowment

$115mm - Boise JC Endowment 

2 hours ago, slappy said:

Yeah CSU fans are a little slow.  Layoffs, bad economy will translate into education enrollment increases.  Been that way for a long time

Dude...this is a joke based on the fictions premise Boise is still a Juco, like it was until the mid-'60s..

It's only basis in reality is a never seen before phenomenon of universities switching on-the-fly to an on-line model for an extended period of time.

What does exploiting the brand new scenario of a residential campus, suddenly becoming non-residential campus over-night for a joke, have do w/one's knowledge of the historical effects of economic down-turns on enrollment to institutions of hire learning?

Someone is a lil' slow here & in this instance it's not CSU fan...

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

We're all on the same ocean.  The only difference is, some boats are bigger than others:

$376mm - CSU Endowment

I would imagine that any University that chose to plunder their endowment to float the Athletic Department would quickly find that their Alumni would no longer contribute.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

$376mm - CSU Endowment

:lol:

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 4/29/2020 at 4:19 AM, GoState99755 said:

Many students at non-commuter schools, are currently trying to plan "Gap Years," for at least the Fall '20 semester, if not the entire 2020-'21 academic-yr.

Many perspective Freshmen, formerly planing on going away to school nxt-fall are thinking of staying home & taking on-line juco courses, if there primary residential school of choice is going to be teaching on-line.

Lot's of Sophs & some Jrs that still have enough lower-division classes left to take, are considering saving $$$ & staying home to attend an on-line juco.  Schools like Boise CC are ramping up mkt'g, to maximize on the temporary shift back to junior colleges.

===========================================

My oldest-nephew/youngest-godchild was in Indonesia for Lunar New Yrs/Chinese Spring Break from Beijing Film Academy, when China shutdown because of CV-19 the first-time.  Thus, he had to fly back to SoCal-from-Indonesia.  

Several wks later, he had a return ticket back to Beijing for classes, however The PRC closed once again less-than-24-hrs before his departure.  Last I heard, he was able to scrounge up a few classes at El Camino CC in the SoBay of LA, SoCal & all his shyte (except for what he pack for his Indonesian trip) is still in his dorm room at BFA. :-(

Your grammar sucks dude.

16 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Someone is a lil' slow here & in this instance it's not CSU fan...

No

In all instances CSU fans are slow.   Not just most instances.   Take another rip, pass it to your kids.  

19 hours ago, slappy said:

The OP is a moron pedophile. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

On 4/29/2020 at 9:23 AM, madmartigan said:

With the new robust opportunities in long-haul trucking to support our supply chains, I can see why Boise State would benefit. Their placement rates for their CDL program are phenomenal. 

Good news for USU as well.

image.png.6bede326dd05917ccd6d32b1fa3689e4.png

42 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Good news for USU as well.

image.png.6bede326dd05917ccd6d32b1fa3689e4.png

USU has a second rate trucking program. Boise state’s program has been referred to as the “Harvard of trucking” CDL program. Their placement rates and prestige are worlds higher than USU. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.