Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Lung Surgery

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Here we are all worried about Corona and you’re facing something a lot more serious. Prayers that they got it in time and doesn’t spread. 

Well, my PET scan is scheduled for Tuesday and the follow up consult with a specialized oncologist on Wednesday. So we won’t know how serious this thing is until then. If the PET is clear with no cancer hot spots, I’ll be in very good shape. Will only need to monitor closely and the doctors here in Boston are the best of the best. If I have other cancer cells forming hot spots, then the prognosis isn’t as good and I’ll likely have to have follow up treatments. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Have you tried smoking?  Back in the 40's they used to prescribe it.

Praying for your health man.

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Here we are all worried about Corona and you’re facing something a lot more serious. Prayers that they got it in time and doesn’t spread. 

I don’t know. Corona is pretty shitty beer. That struggle is real.

9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I don’t know. Corona is pretty shitty beer. That struggle is real.

While not my fav, certainly not the worst. Hamms is pretty +++++ing bad, as are most of @halfmanhalfbronco’s girly IPAs. But the absolute worst beer experience I ever had was drinking a warm Schlitz that had been sitting in the trunk of a buddy’s car. Just warning you as a friend, don’t ever try that. 

22 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

While not my fav, certainly not the worst. Hamms is pretty +++++ing bad, as are most of @halfmanhalfbronco’s girly IPAs. But the absolute worst beer experience I ever had was drinking a warm Schlitz that had been sitting in the trunk of a buddy’s car. Just warning you as a friend, don’t ever try that. 

It's the worst of the Mexican beers though

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

35 minutes ago, happycamper said:

It's the worst of the Mexican beers though

Fair enough. Do you have a preferred Mexican beer? 

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Fair enough. Do you have a preferred Mexican beer? 

Negra modelo is probably my favorite.  Bohemia oscura is good too but hard to find in the US. Normal modelo is a good pils style, think of it as a more available pilsner urquell (not to the same quality though imo).

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, happycamper said:

Negra modelo is probably my favorite.  Bohemia oscura is good too but hard to find in the US. Normal modelo is a good pils style, think of it as a more available pilsner urquell (not to the same quality though imo).

Yeah, I also drink both Modelos but slightly prefer the Especial over the Negra. I also like Tecate. I haven't had Bohemia oscura, will be on the lookout for it. Thanks for the tip. 

12 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Oh dear. I’ve had a warm Miller lite fresh out of a car on summer day. Schlitz is gawd awful cold.

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

definitely this.

Hey, I’m just reading through this thread for the first time, and I had absolutely no idea you were going through this. I wish I did because I wouldn’t have been giving you a hard time about your definition of the constitution and all that drama. So I very much apologize for that, and I’m pulling for you as we all are. This is real life stuff and eliminating stress and thinking positive is crucial to shit canning cancer. You WILL do it. 

@BSUTOP.25

kat.jpg

Soni was in college and working for my future father in law and it is over 100 degrees and we digging footers by hand for a windmill...big assed holes about 5 feet deep.  I forget my water jug and he had hot coffee or Shaeffers Light riding in the back of the pickup...I drank 4-5 of those God awful things because I was that thirsty.  Nasty stuff!!

Hey, you've got this!!  And the people on the  MWC board has your back!!!  Here's to everything being fine!!!

down in a hole.jpg

On 5/8/2020 at 6:18 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

Well, my PET scan is scheduled for Tuesday and the follow up consult with a specialized oncologist on Wednesday. So we won’t know how serious this thing is until then. If the PET is clear with no cancer hot spots, I’ll be in very good shape. Will only need to monitor closely and the doctors here in Boston are the best of the best. If I have other cancer cells forming hot spots, then the prognosis isn’t as good and I’ll likely have to have follow up treatments. 

I don't know how I missed this, but I'm relieved to hear you pulled through, despite the mixed bag of results.

Something tells me you already have the right mindset to cornhole cancer, but in the event you ween't already familiar with the book, Dr. Bernie Siegel's Love, Medicine, and Miracles is highly empowering.

You have no short of fight in you BT25, and I have all the confidence in the world you will overcome this. Much love, man. :cheers:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Okay, so good news. Nothing lit up on the PET scan. There was a small 3mm nodule on the CT but the oncologist didn’t seem too concerned about it, just said we would monitor it with the upcoming scans. They still are not 100% sure what type of cancer it is so they’re going to do another round of pathology and have a board review it. That will determine whether or not I have follow up treatment such as radiation or chemo. I’ll need to have a CT every three months for the next two years.