Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Neemias Queta to return for Jr season

Prepare thine anii. No word on whether Merrill qualifies for an additional year of eligibility for being robbed of his MWCT shot.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Prepare thine anii. No word on whether Merrill qualifies for an additional year of eligibility for being robbed of his MWCT shot.

¿What are you tlk'g about?  ¿Did I dream that your boy Sammy sunk a-last-min trey agains a-single-digit ranked CSU-Diego 'tec squad?

¿Who would have guessed? playing the MWC a-wk-early would make us one-of-the-minority of major college hoops conf's that got to play their tourneys this-yr.  Thx booking agent at the Thomas & Mack.

¿Does anyone have any insight into the backstory of how the Thomas & Mack dbl-booked the building the traditional wknd MWC Tourney?  ¿Was the conf toying with another venue & couldn't commit to the venue in-time, was it a $$$ thing & the other event out-bid us, or just a simple clerical/contractual over-sight?  ¿How integrated into the University is the administrative staff of the this on-campus venue?  ¿Is the ownership of the T&M similar that of Lawlor up in Reno?  ¿Isn't that building owned by the State -or- a pvt/public partnership & leased back to UNR's A-Dept?  I'm guessing there's a pretty interesting story related to this when/if the truth be known.

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

¿What are you tlk'g about?  ¿Did I dream that your boy Sammy sunk a-last-min trey agains a-single-digit ranked CSU-Diego 'tec squad?

¿Who would have guessed? playing the MWC a-wk-early would make us one-of-the-minority of major college hoops conf's that got to play their tourneys this-yr.  Thx booking agent at the Thomas & Mack.

¿Does anyone have any insight into the backstory of how the Thomas & Mack dbl-booked the building the traditional wknd MWC Tourney?  ¿Was the conf toying with another venue & couldn't commit to the venue in-time, was it a $$$ thing & the other event out-bid us, or just a simple clerical/contractual over-sight?  ¿How integrated into the University is the administrative staff of the this on-campus venue?  ¿Is the ownership of the T&M similar that of Lawlor up in Reno?  ¿Isn't that building owned by the State -or- a pvt/public partnership & leased back to UNR's A-Dept?  I'm guessing there's a pretty interesting story related to this when/if the truth be known.

What are you talking about? Double book the T&M? It was decided a couple years ago to hold it a week earlier because the construction expo was in town that weekend (250,000 plus people) and hotel rooms were outrageous that weekend.  

Should be a good test to how healthy those knees really are. I would guess any NBA interest went south with the knees. Will be good for the league if he is actually healthy.  As far as the Sam Merrill qualifies for another year comment. No way that is happening. 

34 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

For the best.  While he he had a good year, his potential wasn't fully broadcast for much of the season.  And I believe you can only test the draft waters and come back once.

The NCAA changed that rule a couple years ago.  You can test the draft waters multiple times.

3 hours ago, madmartigan said:

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

1 hour ago, wyo 1 said:

What are you talking about? Double book the T&M? It was decided a couple years ago to hold it a week earlier because the construction expo was in town that weekend (250,000 plus people) and hotel rooms were outrageous that weekend.  

Sorry @wyo 1, that's not the way I heard it told, most like here...jaja.  Thx for clearing things up.

@MAD MACGYVER - My original question still remains, how do you figure "Merrill...(was) robbed of his MWCT shot."  ¿Did you ever to any more research into vacation in Colombia since we last spoke?

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

The NCAA changed that rule a couple years ago.  You can test the draft waters multiple times.

I just checked, you are correct.  But I just learned that you can hire an agent, but if you go undrafted, you can still go back to school.  

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Sorry @wyo 1, that's not the way I heard it told, most like here...jaja.  Thx for clearing things up.

@MAD MACGYVER - My original question still remains, how do you figure "Merrill...(was) robbed of his MWCT shot."  ¿Did you ever to any more research into vacation in Colombia since we last spoke?

Robbed as in.. it was such a phenomenol shot and performance he was robbed of the NCAAt

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Looks like USU Goes "BACK TO BACK TO BACK" next year w/ queta.   Hopefully we get to play SDSU again in tourney, love all the smack they throw out and then love watching USU roll them in Tourney with that cute little team.  

He needs to work on his strength and fitness. If he does that, he'll make the league. He gives up in a fight and like another poster already commented, he's frequently behind the play. He's better at home than on the road but not by much.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

15 hours ago, AggieSox said:

Looks like USU Goes "BACK TO BACK TO BACK" next year w/ queta.   Hopefully we get to play SDSU again in tourney, love all the smack they throw out and then love watching USU roll them in Tourney with that cute little team.  

We shall see.  USU is a great weekend team, for sure.

9 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

Queta returns which is wonderful, however the one that was Tourney MVP does not, so I expect a bit of a drop off this season.

Everyone lost pieces, but you still have Bean, Miller, Queta, and bring on the new guy.  No reason to not be right up at the top again.