Vikings pick Jeff Gladney with #31.

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Noah Igbinoghene (CB) to the Dolphins.

I'm confused by this pick.

I don't get it either, we need more line help.

5 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I don't get it either, we need more line help.

Anyone available on either side of the line right there would be a reach and probably available with our first pick in the second. I'm just surprised that we didn't go with one of the safeties on the board, or even a RB. But, we now have three really good cover corners, and with the defense that Flores runs, you can't go wrong with them, especially when you combine them with a guy like Van Noy that we signed in free agency. 

• Like 1

I think the Phins go RB with the first second round pick, and then interior line (Muti?) with their second pick in that round. 

With the final pick of the first round, the Chiefs draft Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Another LSU player goes off the board in the first round.

There were a few minor hiccups, but I have to give credit to the IT staff. The first round of the virtual draft went pretty damn smoothly. 

• Like 3

15/32 first-rounders from the SEC. Idk why the rest of us even bother.

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

15/32 first-rounders from the SEC. Idk why the rest of us even bother.

College football is so top heavy. It's ridiculous 

Ezra got all clean-shaven for nuthin. Saw before the draft he was #7 OT (and 6 were taken in Rd 1). Now hope he falls to Cleveland at 41.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Brandon Aiyuk! Another McQueen kid! Great for him. 

And he started his career at Sierra College. Too bad Nevada couldn't haven't taken a chance on him.

Packers nation is in meltdown with the Love pick. I didn't realize that Rodgers still has 4 years left on his contract. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Packers nation is in meltdown with the Love pick. I didn't realize that Rodgers still has 4 years left on his contract. 

Favre had about the same amount of time remaining on his contract when they drafted Rodgers if I'm remembering right. 

That said, I don't think Rodgers can be all that happy given that he wanted weapons, and instead he got his eventual replacement.

• Like 1

Jordan Love was the only G5 player drafted in the 1st round.

No American players.  Umm, P6?

• Like 1

Solid meltdown. 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, retrofade said:

I think the Phins go RB with the first second round pick, and then interior line (Muti?) with their second pick in that round. 

Taylor or Dobbins are who I’m hoping for. Even Josh Jones at OT. 

I liked what we did in the 1st round yesterday...I also had no idea that @ridgeview2 was a Fins fan either, lol. We’ve got a decent contingent here...lol

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Taylor or Dobbins are who I’m hoping for. Even Josh Jones at OT. 

I liked what we did in the 1st round yesterday...I also had no idea that @ridgeview2 was a Fins fan either, lol. We’ve got a decent contingent here...lol

This is the best first round that I've seen from us in a very long time. I was a little confused by the pick of Igbinoghene, but he's another high character guy with great man to man skills. He'll compete for the nickel spot, and could be a move for the future if we wanted to trade X or something (for whatever reason). 

Today should be interesting, I'd expect us to target a non-power back, as we've got Howard already. If McKinney is still on the board at 39, he could be the pick. After that, whichever of the backs that's left at 56, and then some interior OL help in the third. I've got my fingers crossed for Muti with that third round pick. 

10 hours ago, bigd said:

And he started his career at Sierra College. Too bad Nevada couldn't haven't taken a chance on him.

They were on him. Think Courtney Gardner out of Hug. No chance of going D1 out of HS because of grades. Then had a ton of offers out of Sierra. 

• Like 1