Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

OT: NFL Draft

Both Fresno players have been drafted. Walker going in the 4th round to the Falcons and Muti going to Denver in the 6th. Go Dogs!

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

8 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Weaver was dropping like a rock. I thought he might fall all the way to the 6th round. In retrospect, Cleveland made a great decision coming out early...Weaver not so much.

Weaver got punked by Fresno State in the MWC championship. Didn’t even deserve to get drafted. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Both Fresno players have been drafted. Walker going in the 4th round to the Falcons and Muti going to Denver in the 6th. Go Dogs!

Muti is either going to be a starter or a medical buy out.  Not much in between. 

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Weaver was dropping like a rock. I thought he might fall all the way to the 6th round. In retrospect, Cleveland made a great decision coming out early...Weaver not so much.

idk IF Weaver makes it to a second NFL contract (who knows if he will) it can still be a good decision. He will get there a year sooner/younger which should equal more money. But obviously if the only money he gets is the rookie contract he should have waited a year.  

Just now, sactowndog said:

Muti is either going to be a starter or a medical buy out.  Not much in between. 

Yep. If  healthy his whole career at Fresno I am guessing he would have been 2nd rounder this year. So it is a steal if he stays healthy but obviously that is a coin toss (a best) at this point given his history.  

DoubleBLUEGOLD, baby! L.A. Rams sign Josh Love!!!!

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

DoubleBLUEGOLD, baby! L.A. Rams sign Josh Love!!!!

Love this kid. Hope he pushes Goff. Not necessarily for the starting job, I don’t think he’s that good, but Goff lacks a little competitive fire and love has that in spades. He’ll be a valuable addition to the qb room if nothing else.

Georgia's Tae Crowder is this year's Mr.  Irrelevant, picked #255 by the Giants.

Crowder was a semifinalist for the Butkus Award.  Hope he can make the roster.

36 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Love this kid. Hope he pushes Goff. Not necessarily for the starting job, I don’t think he’s that good, but Goff lacks a little competitive fire and love has that in spades. He’ll be a valuable addition to the qb room if nothing else.

Yes. Polish him up. Turn him into the next Brady to Bledsoe. I really psyched about this signing! I want to see what QBC Zach Taylor does with Love.

44 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Georgia's Tae Crowder is this year's Mr.  Irrelevant, picked #255 by the Giants.

Crowder was a semifinalist for the Butkus Award.  Hope he can make the roster.

If I heard correctly during the draft show, it's been buckeye-centric the past few years. Yet, USC, along with big M, F, & fake Spartans continue their draft streaks. 

7 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Weaver not so much.

$500,000 per year to play football is better than $500 per month cost-of-living, no matter what. Leaving early is almost always the best option (sorry Jeremy Childs). He’ll also get his second contract opportunity (payday) a year earlier.

2 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Is he moving from the Rams to the Bengals?

Huh? Who are you referring to? Josh or QBC Taylor?