Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncomare

Trump Ain't Playing

4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Nice spin, doctor.

Here, let me try to untwist that for you:

1. We assassinated a(n admittedly dangerous) foreign dignitary. 

2. Trump then proactively threatened massive retaliation should Iran respond by attacking any American interests.

3. Iran targeted and destroyed multiple American military assets by launching 16 ballistic missiles at US forces.

4. The attack injured 110 American troops, including over 100 troops who were treated for traumatic brain injury.

5. Big Pussy did NOTHING.

Trump has been least prone to start wars despite all the fear mongers that said he would push the nuke buttons as soon as he became president. I would think a sane person would applaud that. If you want to fight Iran I suggest you enlist. If Iran keeps poking the bear you may get your wish. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Trump has been least prone to start wars despite all the fear mongers that said he would push the nuke buttons as soon as he became president. I would think a sane person would applaud that. If you want to fight Iran I suggest you enlist. If Iran keeps poking the bear you may get your wish. 

If you do not understand how the absence of a response to a ballistic missile attack against American forces - especially considering his explicit warning to Tehran against such an act - degrades our ability to project influence in pursuit of our own strategic goals, let me know and I'll find some time over the next few days to explain it to you.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Nice spin, doctor.

Here, let me try to untwist that for you:

1. We assassinated a(n admittedly dangerous) foreign dignitary. 

2. Trump then proactively threatened massive retaliation should Iran respond by attacking any American interests.

3. Iran targeted and destroyed multiple American military assets by launching 16 ballistic missiles at US forces.

4. The attack injured 110 American troops, including over 100 troops who were treated for traumatic brain injury.

5. Big Pussy did NOTHING.

Lol “dignitary” Is that what he was doing in Baghdad riding around with the leader of a terrorist organization that set fire to our embassy and launched attacks on an Iraqi base killing an American, dignitary work?

The troops had mild concussions were flown out as a precaution. For that, the loss of a helicopter, ten tents, and a damaged drone; you would have launched a general war or what? Iran looked like a joke around the world. They’d warned us ahead of time in order to prevent any escalation, promptly murdered a bunch of Iranian, Ukrainian, and Canadian civilians, and within days faced widespread protests across their country. Their best military mind and biggest asset in projecting power in the region were gone.

It worked out brilliantly. Nobody should take any criticism seriously if you can’t give credit where it’s due.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lol “dignitary” Is that what he was doing in Baghdad riding around with the leader of a terrorist organization that set fire to our embassy and launched attacks on an Iraqi base killing an American, dignitary work?

The troops had mild concussions were flown out as a precaution. For that, the loss of a helicopter, ten tents, and a damaged drone; you would have launched a general war or what? Iran looked like a joke around the world. They’d warned us ahead of time in order to prevent any escalation, promptly murdered a bunch of Iranian, Ukrainian, and Canadian civilians, and within days faced widespread protests across their country. Their best military mind and biggest asset in projecting power in the region were gone.

It worked out brilliantly. Nobody should take any criticism seriously if you can’t give credit where it’s due.

Over 100 troops were diagnosed with TBI - "traumatic brain injury." Here's a link to a recent article so you can better acquaint yourself with the extent of their injuries. With all due respect, I find it somewhat dismissive to simply write off all the injuries as "mild concussions," considering there is still too much that needs to be understood about the effects of TBI to dismiss the injury so casually and with such a broad brush - can you personally speak to the well being of all 110 soldiers? If so, please provide me a link so I, too, can shrug it off.

And if you have or hold some evidence of some imminent threat posed by the man, you might want to share it with the WH because they didn't have dick to share with Congress when asked for the same. 

Lastly, if you really think Iran is the party that came off looking like the weak player in that exchange, you really might consider wiping the stars and stripes off those glasses.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

9 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Are the Trumpers aroused?

This means we get to keep playing war, right?

Sure seems like a long time since we've had a president less prone to conflict.  Tough stances, yes.  Droning civilians or playing nation builder...no.

9 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Sure seems like a long time since we've had a president less prone to conflict.  Tough stances, yes.  Droning civilians or playing nation builder...no.

That's cool. As long as we can keep warring, amirite?

The best President is the one less prone to conflict who still keeps us warring. Noted.

We still get to keep using big guns, so that's cool.

9 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

That's cool. As long as we can keep warring, amirite?

The best President is the one less prone to conflict who still keeps us warring. Noted.

We still get to keep using big guns, so that's cool.

Why you think that's the goal is confusing.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Why you think that's the goal is confusing.

Pretty simple. There is nothing Trump can do to force Iran to do anything. Ergo this is an exercise in showing off our ballistic supremacy. 

I assumed this thread was posted to celebrate such.

Or it might just be a thread posted in celebration of Trump's ability to talk smack. Not sure which is truthier.

13 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Pretty simple. There is nothing Trump can do to force Iran to do anything. Ergo this is an exercise in showing off our ballistic supremacy. 

I assumed this thread was posted to celebrate such.

Or it might just be a thread posted in celebration of Trump's ability to talk smack. Not sure which is truthier.

Again, I'm confused.  Of course there is. 

As far as showing off our ballistic superiority, the way I read the article it was the Iranians picking the fight.  I'm not seeing any celebration, probably more nervousness but approval.  Iran has shown that they have no respect for an adversary that doesn't set and enforce limits.  Hell, they fleeced Obama.

We got Iranian gunships running in circles around US military vessels in international waters, and somehow the US is the aggressor??  The last time they played that game they took one of our boats and all the sailors hostage and Kerry had to go beg forgiveness to get them back.  We can do that again if you're OK with it, I'm not.  I really hope Iran chills out.  If not I really hope we sink some boats.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Again, I'm confused.  Of course there is. 

As far as showing off our ballistic superiority, the way I read the article it was the Iranians picking the fight.  I'm not seeing any celebration, probably more nervousness but approval.  Iran has shown that they have no respect for an adversary that doesn't set and enforce limits.  Hell, they fleeced Obama.

We got Iranian gunships running in circles around US military vessels in international waters, and somehow the US is the aggressor??  The last time they played that game they took one of our boats and all the sailors hostage and Kerry had to go beg forgiveness to get them back.  We can do that again if you're OK with it, I'm not.  I really hope Iran chills out.  If not I really hope we sink some boats.

I mean the only real news is a celebration that we will meet Iran's aggression. Yay war!

Or we could just GTFO. But then we don't have anything to celebrate. 

14 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I mean the only real news is a celebration that we will meet Iran's aggression. Yay war!

Or we could just GTFO. But then we don't have anything to celebrate. 

Man, I really, really wish it were that simple.

8 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Man, I really, really wish it were that simple.

If we had not invaded Iraq  or tried to nation build Afghanistan it might have been that simple.  ahhhh past mistakes still haunting us

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Do you really believe trump has stopped droning civilians? He is actually escalating it..... People just aren't talking much about it.