Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Sam Boyd Stadium...

10 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I rooted for the Chargers to leave SD for a decade and when they left it was one of the best sports days of my entire life.  The NFL is not a good faith partner to anyone who shares a stadium with them and UNLV will learn that fairly quickly.  UNLVNOW was the Rebels best shot to become a national power but that flamed our and now you are the Raider’s b!+<€.  

21 hours ago, AztecMD said:

The NFL is not a good faith partner to anyone who shares a stadium with them and UNLV will learn that fairly quickly.  UNLVNOW was the Rebels best shot to become a national power but that flamed our and now you are the Raider’s b!+<€.  

UNLV has only themselves to blame.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-columns/ed-graney/unlv-should-feel-fortunate-if-raiders-bend-on-schedule-snag-1957265/

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, BleedRebelRed said:

21 minutes ago, RamSack said:

Solid

CSU @ Southern Nevada was moved from Sat, Oct 24th to FrI, Oct 23rd to accommodate the ASU game.

NOT SO SOLID.  :-(

4 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

CSU @ Southern Nevada was moved from Sat, Oct 24th to FrI, Oct 23rd to accommodate the ASU game.

What’s wrong with that?

15 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Who cares? What difference does it make?

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

1 hour ago, RamSack said:

What’s wrong with that?

51 minutes ago, renoskier said:

It’s a non issue Boise fans always find a problem with every solution when it comes to UNLV.

1st: I wonder if any of us season ticket holders will actually be able to go to the games? 

2nd: I thought that there was supposed to be problems scheduling games (according to the people around here)? Switching a game from a Saturday to a Friday isn’t an issue. 

The only question in my mind is what kinds of concessions will they offer? So happy to bid San Boyd Stadium farewell.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

That's actually pretty solid for CSU.

Once the NFL schedule was announced and it was known that the CSU game was going to be the first and only scheduled overnight field switch from Rebel turf to Raider grass,  one big option was to move CSU to Boyd Stadium in order to get ASU into Allegiant.  This way CSU gets to play in the new stadium.

Updated official UNLV schedule:

NewUNLVschedule.PNG

53 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

2nd: I thought that there was supposed to be problems scheduling games (according to the people around here)? Switching a game from a Saturday to a Friday isn’t an issue. 

Generally the problem with rescheduling is the TV contract.  It must not have been an issue in this case.

6 hours ago, renoskier said:

Prospective recruits will be playing.  Not good for recruiting exposure.

6 hours ago, RamSack said:

What’s wrong with that?

5 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

It’s a non issue Boise fans always find a problem with every solution when it comes to UNLV.