Brew_Poke

Don't drop sports, cut football coaches' salaries

I didn't read the article or the thread but I will say it's pathetic that CFB HC's can make millions+ and the athletes can't make money that they can spend however they please. 

14 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

I didn't read the article or the thread but I will say it's pathetic that CFB HC's can make millions+ and the athletes can't make money that they can spend however they please. 

Now that’s a comment that’s never been said before.😋

On 4/17/2020 at 12:17 PM, BacksThePack said:

Why not just axe football entirely since it's at a loss for all but a handful of programs.

DISAGREE once you factor in exposure angle.  One-of-the-largest single days for online applications to CSU was the day we beat Missouri in the first round of the NCAA.

The way it engages alumni & alumni giving is PRICELESS for a majority of D-1a pgms.

On 4/18/2020 at 8:03 AM, #1Stunner said:

How much is Craig Bohl's salary?

Chk-out this new revolutionary Internet tool:

https://www.google.com

On 4/19/2020 at 10:07 AM, Nevada Convert said:

They pay him that much and get those results?  Damn. 

Going .500% while recruiting to Laramie is worth several-million/yr is todys mrkt.

On 4/19/2020 at 10:13 AM, Nevada Convert said:

How can schools drop sports and still meet conference requirements and Title IX?

It's some pretty abstract math, but I'm guessing you can handle it:

By dropping more men's sports than women's sports

The real question here, is how many will drop below the D-1a minimums, or how long will the NCAA grant wavers.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:18 AM, Broncomare said:

I know.  I'm actually the one that says to remove football from Title IX requirements. 

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

There needs to be two formulas.  One for revenue production pgm & another for all the rest...

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 12:26 PM, NevadaFan said:

All that money and he buys a POS bike.... what a waste. 

I bet you the only thing he's wearing that he had to pay for himself was socks, underwear & the duct tape.

How can you make out the nameplate/logo on that MTB?

5 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I bet you the only thing he's wearing that he had to pay for himself was socks, underwear & the duct tape.

How can you make out the nameplate/logo on that MTB?

I can look at the fork (chrome stanchion?) and tell it’s a cheap POS. Makes me sick people with money buy crappy bikes. 😂

6 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

DISAGREE once you factor in exposure angle.  One-of-the-largest single days for online applications to CSU was the day we beat Missouri in the first round of the NCAA.

The way it engages alumni & alumni giving is PRICELESS for a majority of D-1a pgms.

That’s called an anecdote. Without a chit ton of fees from 30k students at CSU, tuition breaks for athletes, other free $$ from its admin, and zero taxation... like all programs in the MWC CSU is losing money on football. I get you’re going to argue about “free marketing” and other nonsense that you can’t measure... but it’s reality.

Then... add payroll to that mess. If this model goes through most programs in the MWC should go all in with basketball cause it will be very hard if not impossible to afford the new model. 

On 5/27/2020 at 3:30 PM, GoState99755 said:

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

There needs to be two formulas.  One for revenue production pgm & another for all the rest...

Bullshit. It's fine just the way it is.