Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brew_Poke

Don't drop sports, cut football coaches' salaries

The 1st schools that will be dropping sports are the schools that DONT pay the football coach truckloads of money.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Brew_Poke said:

Lots of fat to trim.  But if ESPN/CBS/NBC are paying billions in tv rights that money is going to be spent on coaches salaries.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

2 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Why not just axe football entirely since it's at a loss for all but a handful of programs.

Where are you getting that?  I thought even Nevada's program made enough money to subsidize much of the department.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

9 hours ago, battle.borne said:

Where are you getting that?  I thought even Nevada's program made enough money to subsidize much of the department.

This is true 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

22 hours ago, battle.borne said:

This is not true. If not for student and institutional support no football program in the MWC would come close to “making money.”

It would be like if a business owner didn’t have to pay rent/utilities or a a big chunk of salary bragging about how amazing their business model is.

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I think boosters pay a large portion of many coaches’ salaries.

Boosters are probably losing money right now as well.  Something has to give.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

How can schools drop sports and still meet conference requirements and Title IX?

Drop sports not required by the conference, or maybe cut some scholarships on both the men's and women's side