Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

What is your favorite thing about the city of Fresno?

48 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Up until last month, American had 2-3x 737-800s a day between Fresno and DFW, and had been running them on that route for years, before that they had the MD-80 on it. United had 1-2 of its Denver flights on 737s/A320s and a flight had been added to O'Hare. Most flights there are on Regional Jets though. 

The flight you're talking about hasn't operated in some time. It was basically a Skywest At-Risk route that was used to ferry EMB-120s into Fresno for maintenance, but given that fleet ended up retired, so did that route. I think Allegiant flies it though (or did until this shitstorm happened) on Airbii. 

You're right though, 10+ years ago, it was virtually all regional jets/props outside of the Mexican routes and the AA flights to DFW. 

Pre-coronavirus schedules, American was also operating some mainline aircraft along with the regional jets on Fresno to Phoenix.

Starting in May Alaska Airlines was also planning to upgrade Fresno to Seattle flights from 76 seat EMB-175s to a 149 seat Airbus A320.

Skywest retired all turboprops in 2015. One main reason Fresno kept seeing prop flights was Skywest's maintenance base in Fresno to keep the props flying on smaller city California routes. The Skywest props to Las Vegas ended a few years before that.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:17 PM, Dogs4Me said:

Fresno does not get the real Tule fog, Kings & Tulare counties get the worst of it...Corcoran & neighboring small towns get hit hardest.

It was so bad once I had to get a hotel room off CA Rte-99 between Fres-bergh & Bako Beach, & I NEVER do that.  Is that the area you are describing above?

I've seen it pretty bad in/around Modesto too.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:33 PM, sactowndog said:

58F3F010-CF71-49F3-93A7-59129FB8F277.jpeg

Pretty much all that needs to be said.  

THIS JUST IN:  Shaver Lake (or what ever lake this is) is NOT Fresno.

Given this logic, Big Bear Lake & Lake Arrowhead are Los Angeles.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

The city blends beautifully with the coastline and the architecture is fantastic

3A7E9A48-647F-4831-9C43-9F927EE9A1E5.jpeg

¡Hahaha!

¿Portofino...Italian Riviera?

On 4/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, Joe from WY said:

Liar. That's not Fresno. That's Clovis. 

¿You think?  My first thought was Kingsburg.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:26 AM, sactowndog said:

Well having, sadly, multiple horses on our property for 30 years and a wife who is an equine vet....   you must be older than I and many decades ago..... :oldman:

but the offer still stands.  I have a large pasture ornament or two that would be happy to populate your backyard with samples.  I will even ship for free..:D

¿Did your wife go to Davis or CSU for Vet School?

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

¡Hahaha!

¿Portofino...Italian Riviera?

No. It really is an up and coming neighborhood of Fresno known as Les Quartier des Bouledogues originally settled by a Frenchman known as Frere Pat who grew up in Nice.

My favorite thing about FresTuckie is knowing I will never go back to that Hell Hole for any reason...

On 4/20/2020 at 2:49 AM, GoState99755 said:

Quite a bit of difference in travel times.  Not to mention many Fresno residents move to the lake in the summer.  The point on the right has my grandparents cabin where my mom spent her summers while my grandfather commuted to and from work.   No one is commuting to work from Big Bear or Arrowhead.  

On 4/20/2020 at 1:49 AM, GoState99755 said:

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Quite a bit of difference in travel times.  Not to mention many Fresno residents move to the lake in the summer.  The point on the right has my grandparents cabin where my mom spent her summers while my grandfather commuted to and from work.   No one is commuting to work from Big Bear or Arrowhead.  

I guess I should have used Castaic Lake as my example.  I know tons of co-wrks that commute to/from Castaic to the movie studios daily/yr-round.

Arrowhead is 70-miles from LA City Limits.  What's Shaver Lake...like 60-miles from Fresno? 

Yesterday I commuted 865-mi for wrk.  Does that mean a majority of the State of Alaska is part of Anchorage?

On 4/16/2020 at 7:36 PM, Dogs4Me said:

Gonna be honest, I don't like the SJV, but it's home. I'd prefer to live elsewhere, but there are some things that hold me here for now. All of that noted, I do like the area for the excellent access it provides to an awesome mountain range. I am an outdoors type and enjoy long walks in the backcountry, away from the car camping mobs. Plenty of decent peaks to take, good climbing (the world class kind), and some great swimming holes. Most people don't love Fresno for Fresno, they love it for the access it gives to so many other things that are not Fresno, and that, to me at least, is the best thing about Fresno.

Other than Pat Hill's fu and sweaty hat...

Totally get where your coming from. My son graduated from UC-Merced recently. He doesn’t miss Merced, but he does miss being so close to Yosemite and other parks.

Champ Logo.jpg

On 4/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

There was a Basque restaurant I used to go to there. I even thought I'd seen a ghost in it once, but then maybe I'd been drinking too much. 

https://santafebasque.com/

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I guess I should have used Castaic Lake as my example.  I know tons of co-wrks that commute to/from Castaic to the movie studios daily/yr-round.

Arrowhead is 70-miles from LA City Limits.  What's Shaver Lake...like 60-miles from Fresno? 

Yesterday I commuted 865-mi for wrk.  Does that mean a majority of the State of Alaska is part of Anchorage?

44 miles to Fresno State.  

On 4/20/2020 at 2:46 AM, GoState99755 said:

It was so bad once I had to get a hotel room off CA Rte-99 between Fres-bergh & Bako Beach, & I NEVER do that.  Is that the area you are describing above?

I've seen it pretty bad in/around Modesto too.

You get some good fog on that stretch of 99, but it gets worse as you go west of 99 from Tulare about 25 miles.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg