Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

What is your favorite thing about the city of Fresno?

This is a feel good thread.  Please do not say anything mean.  We are always talking about how filthy, uneducated and crime infested Fresno is, this is not that thread.  Please no links to them being considered the dumbest, dirtiest and most dangerous city in the country.

They have this cool underground garden thingy.

They have a Black Angus.  Best franchise restaurant in America.

What say you guys?  What are the charming things you like about Fresno?

My favorite thing about Fresno, which is charming is that it is almost 2500 miles from where I live. Another thing I find charming is that they look down on Bakersfield.

Fresno has five Fosters Freeze locations. Good ice cream. 

Fosters Freeze | Downtown Santa Cruz, CA

https://www.fostersfreeze.com/locations/ 

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They have this cool underground garden thingy.

They have a Black Angus.  Best franchise restaurant in America.

1) proof Fresno heat will drive one mad, LOL. Hidden gem, 3 minutes off Hwy 99.

2) Closed last month

https://www.fresnobee.com/living/food-drink/bethany-clough/article241076741.html

3) Five Guys - this was the key factor in Fresno State acceptance to the MWC.  I previously thought it was Perkins restaurants.  Check out 13 years memory lane on MWCBoard:

110926run_defense710.jpg

My wife is from the Fresno area. I get to constantly make fun of it as a result. Clovis is really nice. I'll give it that.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

We read a fair amount of Gary Soto in middle school english and it was significantly less boring than a lot of the stuff assigned

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Victor Davis Hanson

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

41 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

My wife is from the Fresno area. I get to constantly make fun of it as a result. Clovis is really nice NOT ALSO A DUMP. I'll give it that.

Fixed for accuracy.

I loved Fresno when I lived there as a kid. Of course, it was for just a few years and our house was brand new and in what was then the last development at the north end of town and we had a horse pasture literally behind our back fence. (Unlike cow shit, horse manure doesn't draw flies and the horses would sometimes lean over the fence and we'd feed them sugar cubes.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

They are a fellow CA city. 'nuff said.