Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Do it Joe!! Pick Stacy Abrams as your VP Pick!! Do it!!!

16 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Tammy has a lot on her plate right now.  

I think she has an infant daughter, and her health issues (double amputee).  Not sure she would want the job.   But I agree that she could be a great choice if she wants it..  

Having an infant as VP shouldn't be any more difficult than having one as a senator. It could be problematic on the campaign trail but this year there won't be one.

Why does being a double amputee constitute a "health problem"?

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest #1Stunner
59 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Having an infant as VP shouldn't be any more difficult than having one as a senator. It could be problematic on the campaign trail but this year there won't be one.

Why does being a double amputee constitute a "health problem"?

Meant to say health challenge.  Not meant as an insult.

9 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

At this point, I'm beginning to think favorably about Tammy Duckworth.

• PhD candidate in political science at NIU until called to duty as a member of the Air National Guard to serve in Iraq
  • Decorated disabled veteran of that war
  • US Senator
  • Person of color
  • From a state in the Midwest
  • Moderate Democrat

Didn’t she come up with “Cadet Bone Spurs?” too?  Could Trump use a nickname vs. a disabled veteran?

9 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Pence’s biggest accomplishment year 1 was getting booed at a Hamilton play.

So trumpers when Biden wins the nomination: Haha he is going to get killed he doesn't excite the progressive wing of the party. They are gonna stay home. Trump in a landslide.

Trumpers when he may pick someone who would appeal to the progressive side: Haha this will turn off the moderates. They will never vote for a ticket with her. Trump in a landslide.

Think I'm seeing a pattern.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

So trumpers when Biden wins the nomination: Haha he is going to get killed he doesn't excite the progressive wing of the party. They are gonna stay home. Trump in a landslide.

Trumpers when he may pick someone who would appeal to the progressive side: Haha this will turn off the moderates. They will never vote for a ticket with her. Trump in a landslide.

People predicting Trump in a landslide don’t seem to understand why he won in 2016.  They’re discounting how much the electorate disliked Hillary Clinton in 2016 (especially in places that mattered) and don’t seem to understand that Biden doesn’t have the baggage she did.  If anything, right now I see Biden winning in a landslide regardless of who he picks for his VP. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

People predicting Trump in a landslide don’t seem to understand why he won in 2016.  They’re discounting how much the electorate disliked Hillary Clinton in 2016 (especially in places that mattered) and don’t seem to understand that Biden doesn’t have the baggage she did.  If anything, right now I see Biden winning in a landslide regardless of who he picks for his VP. 

I agree with you... Long time between now and November and lots of time for a lot of election f*ckery. Not sure what will be dug up released. But at this point I agree with Biden winning pretty big... Especially after seeing Wisconsin last week. 

17 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Not a chance. 

Guest #1Stunner
29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Even with the recent rape allegation?

I don't see many Democrats voting for a guy that has a plausible rape allegation against him.   Democrats are champions of Women's rights, and won't walk back on their principles. 

Also, I'm not sure Stacy Abrams would agree to be his VP, given the rape situation.... Would be difficult to align with a guy who plausibly victimized a female employee.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, tspoke said:

We need more vetting on the Joe Biden rape allegation.

Supposedly, Tara Reade filed a complaint back in 1992, and the congressional records are under seal.   Not sure why we can't see them yet... Would go a long way toward shedding some light on this.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/everything-we-know-about-the-biden-sexual-assault-allegation

However, those in Biden’s office who Reade says she complained to about harassment, not the assault, say that they have no memory of that. A complaint Reade says she filed with a Senate personnel office could not be located, but she alleges a record might be in Biden’s sealed file at the University of Delaware.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Not a chance of winning? Or not a chance of winning in a landslide?

Not a chance of winning in a landslide. 

It's going to be a bitterly close race IMO given the continued and growing polarization of the country. 

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Even with the recent rape allegation?

I don't see many Democrats voting for a guy that has a plausible rape allegation against him.   Democrats are champions of Women's rights, and won't walk back on their principles. 

Also, I'm not sure Stacy Abrams would agree to be his VP, given the rape situation.... Would be difficult to align with a guy who plausibly victimized a female employee.

The rape allegation is irrelevant, to be honest.  If people cared about that Trump wouldn’t be president right now. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Not a chance. 

I should’ve added “if the election was held today”.  Who knows where things will be in 6 months. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, mugtang said:

The rape allegation is irrelevant, to be honest.  If people cared about that Trump wouldn’t be president right now. 

I disagree.

Republicans ignore allegations like rape, but not Democrats.   (Why Republicans voted for Trump....)

I mean, look at how seriously the Democrats took the rape allegations against Bret Kavanaugh.  They called on Bret to resign. 

Looking at this, Democrats will probably call on Joe Biden to resign or refuse to vote for him, unless Joe can prove his innocence---Democrats will not act like Republicans and walk away from their principles on Women's rights.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

I disagree.

Republicans ignore allegations like rape, but not Democrats.   (Why Republicans voted for Trump....)

I mean, look at how seriously the Democrats took the rape allegations against Bret Kavanaugh.  They called on Bret to resign. 

Looking at this, Democrats will probably call on Joe Biden to resign or refuse to vote for him, unless Joe can prove his innocence---Democrats will not act like Republicans and walk away from their principles on Women's rights.

I doubt that happens. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, mugtang said:

I doubt that happens. 

Are you saying that Democrats will champion and vote for a guy that has credible allegations of rape against him?  Doubt that....