Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Do it Joe!! Pick Stacy Abrams as your VP Pick!! Do it!!!

On 4/18/2020 at 3:36 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Ask any good election expert and they will tell you that you kiss ass to your base to the left or right in primaries, and then move to the middle as a more moderate candidate to pick off independents and moderate Dems or GOP. That’s always the general formula. You can’t be too moderate or too conservative/liberal to win. But being able to win has everything to do with a candidates ability to keep both sides happy and motivated. The individual candidates ability is what it’s mostly about when it comes to winning.

That was Tricky Dicks premise. Run hard to the Right in the primary, run to the middle in the General Election.

Typically, VP's are chosen to try and win toss up or swing States.

Hence, a Rust Belt candidate will be chosen.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I've seen a ton of dumb stuff on this board but Trumpers claiming a candidate's incoherent babble and offensive speech will doom said candidate is off the charts rich. Like flourless chocolate cake concentrate with fudge concentrate frosting rich.

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

He's attacked Gold Star families, he'll have no problem going after a woman who is only a "5" with a crippled child.

Dude, he traded smack with the parents of a Gold Star family because they chose to step into the frey of politics and acted more like activists, especially since they were being coached by the Dems. But Trump was still foolish to engage with them because the optics at face value still looked bad.

kat.jpg

58 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I've seen a ton of dumb stuff on this board but Trumpers claiming a candidate's incoherent babble and offensive speech will doom said candidate is off the charts rich. Like flourless chocolate cake concentrate with fudge concentrate frosting rich.

disgusted the fox and the hound GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 hours ago, toonkee said:

There’s a lot of horrid analysis from the left and right on this board, but failing to see how this election is different from others is priceless in the WTF department, especially from you. Everyone looks at push-up stud Joe as someone that could die or become incapable of carrying on as prez at any moment. It’s a very real possibility. He even comes out and says he would be too old for a 2nd term and he’s just a bridge candidate. 

He’s exactly right, and anyone with half a brain will looking at this VP as not just someone that can help Biden win, but someone that’s able to be the next young Dem all star top dog politician to be the incumbent VP that can use the resources of being in power to beat out primary challengers and take the WH in 2024. It’s really too bad for them that there isn’t a no brainer candidate that is THAT good. That’s a big problem for sure. I think the GOP candidate that takes over for the GOP is Nikki Haley, and I think she’ll be the first female president even if Trump loses. She’ll get all of the Trump vote plus never-Trumpers, and she’ll restore adult behavior in the WH and be popular with Indy’s. She’s one of the very very few people that can jump on Twitter and rebuke a dumb Trump statement as being improper and very unfortunate without Trump getting upset with her. He respects her that much. 

It looks like Biden is going to pick Klobuchar. But despite being in the race late, she never got any traction more than a typical 3%. She’s not naturally talented at connecting with people, she’s not the future of the Dem Party. She’s also very unpopular with black voters, big time. I don’t even think she’ll help Joe much in MN. The lack of an upcoming Obama star is a massive problem. But whoever Joe picks, it’ll still be someone that he thinks could still catch fire. Then he’ll forget who that person is and Jill will have to remind him.

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, he traded smack with the parents of a Gold Star family because they chose to step into the frey of politics and acted more like activists, especially since they were being coached by the Dems. But Trump was still foolish to engage with them because the optics at face value still looked bad.

And they still do. Every time I hear Trump say how much he loves "our troops," I'm reminded how he dissed these Gold Star parents. Just one of probably hundreds of examples of what a dumb bastard the guy is.

Oh and I think Biden will choose a Latina to be his running mate.