Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dudleyDgroot

SJS North End Zone

36 minutes ago, mugtang said:

This is more appropriate 

image.gif

Almost went with that one, but felt a straight up one conveyed the sentiment better.

On 4/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, Mike Morgan said:

Since the start of the New Year workers have removed the sound system and lighting control system from the east side of the stadium, in order to relocate it to the other side, in anticipated removal of the east berm beginning June 1, 2020. Workers have also removed the old scoreboard and upper seating in the north end zone, in order to install the new scoreboard and fan zone/bar/lounge are shown in these drawings. 

And, yes, we're beating CSU in this image.

NEZ2.jpg

NEZ3.jpg

Since when did SJS get featured in the SIMS ? 

9 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Didn't Santa Clara County shut down most construction a couple of weeks ago due to Coronavirus? How is that going to impact some of this timetable?

The construction halt was on residential and commercial projects. This is neither of those.

Champ Logo.jpg

On 4/17/2020 at 6:28 AM, Mike Morgan said:

The construction halt was on residential and commercial projects. This is neither of those.

The updated Santa Clara County construction halt order only allowed the following construction exemptions:

Construction, but only of the types listed in this subparagraph below:

1. Projects immediately necessary to the maintenance, operation, or repair of Essential Infrastructure;
  2. Projects associated with Healthcare Operations, including creating or expanding Healthcare Operations, provided that such construction is directly related to the COVID-19 response;
  3. Affordable housing that is or will be income-restricted, including multi-unit or mixed-use developments containing at least 10% income-restricted units;
  4. Public works projects if specifically designated as an Essential Governmental Function by the lead governmental agency;
  5. Shelters and temporary housing, but not including hotels or motels;
  6. Projects immediately necessary to provide critical non-commercial services to individuals experiencing homelessness, elderly persons, persons who are economically disadvantaged, and persons with special needs;
  7. Construction necessary to ensure that existing construction sites that must be shut down under this Order are left in a safe and secure manner, but only to the extent necessary to do so; and
  8. Construction or repair necessary to ensure that residences and buildings containing Essential Businesses are safe, sanitary, or habitable to the extent such construction or repair cannot reasonably be delayed;

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pages/order-health-officer-033120.aspx

Is SJSU declaring the stadium project as "Essential Infrastructure" or as an "Essential Governmental Function"?

Not trolling, but I am surprised given the limited construction exemptions that the stadium project is currently seeing work.

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

The updated Santa Clara County construction halt order only allowed the following construction exemptions:

Is SJSU declaring the stadium project as "Essential Infrastructure" or as an "Essential Governmental Function"?

Not trolling, but I am surprised given the limited construction exemptions that the stadium project is currently seeing work.

I don't know if anyone at SJSU is "declaring"anything, FF.   Probably just an internal interpretation of the S-I-P order and that's pretty much that.  Or maybe even statewide (for CSUs and UC's).  

I'm related to an "Essential"industry (not government, tho'), so I'm still working  - am very thankful for that.  My "commute" on 101 down the Peninsula to SJ, which, admittedly, is the result of the tragic underlying circumstances that has created virtually no traffic in the Bay Area these days, has been absolutely glorious of late.  However, last week (and as I was practicing my nascent Indy-500 skills), I did see CalTrans workers back on the job (in the highway median) in the Mountain View area.  Point being, I would think the government exception could be liberally applied.  That would include SJSU's stadium work of improvement...

Thanks. I'm glad those construction workers are being paid, it just took me by surprise. Transportation projects I see as still going, actually a good time to do those since it does not interfere with traffic. But I know a few government construction projects that have been shutdown around the state.

'buff, be glad you are both working and getting out of the house. I'm still working in a job that I can do remotely. But I am getting bored with spending all day in the same place. I'm even getting tired of working all day in sweatpants. :BananaComputer:

5 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Cal State property is state land and not subject to a County ordinance.  It's why there are campus police, etc.  In this case it means that the construction order doesn't apply.

The affordable housing exemption is pretty big in the bay area because most counties already have that requirement so nearly all multi-unit building is continuing.  Four buildings are being built in the Mission which I can see from my back yard in Potrero Hill.

SJSU appears to understand they need to keep construction workers occupied right now.  My guess is that the university has an agreement for a couple years of work.

I'd also guess SJSU can afford to finance a lot of their construction at essentially zero rates right now.