Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

He defunded the WHO in the middle of a Pandemic!?!

8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Oh yeah.  You want to rethink that.  Trump was getting intelligence about the Pandemic and it spreading human to human...

what did he say......

Jan 24 Trump tweets:

China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

in response to a question is China hiding things:

Reporter, Feb. 7: Are you concerned that China is covering up the full extent of coronavirus?

Trump: No. China is working very hard. Late last night, I had a very good talk with President Xi, and we talked about — mostly about the coronavirus. They’re working really hard, and I think they are doing a very professional job. They’re in touch with World — the World — World Organization. CDC also. We’re working together.

Yet somehow the WHO was supposed to call the leaders of the two riches countries in the world liars with no +++++ing proof

Get out of here with this bullshit! 

Your horrible formatting, spelling etc... is forgiven

Comparing Trumps response to Chinese communications with the WHO and their lies is stupid.

China was actively shutting down doctors who were trying to speak up and disappearing journalists covering the true extent of the disease.

It would have been proper to question China's propaganda regarding this virus, because they're not trustworthy. I can't answer for Trump, but he's not personally tasked with the things that the WHO is.

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Oh yeah.  You want to rethink that.  Trump was getting intelligence about the Pandemic and it spreading human to human...

what did he say......

Jan 24 Trump tweets:

China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

in response to a question is China hiding things:

Reporter, Feb. 7: Are you concerned that China is covering up the full extent of coronavirus?

Trump: No. China is working very hard. Late last night, I had a very good talk with President Xi, and we talked about — mostly about the coronavirus. They’re working really hard, and I think they are doing a very professional job. They’re in touch with World — the World — World Organization. CDC also. We’re working together.

Yet somehow the WHO was supposed to call the leaders of the two riches countries in the world liars with no +++++ing proof

Get out of here with this bullshit! 

I must have missed the reports of Trump locking up scientists and doctors that disagreed with him...

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your horrible formatting, spelling etc... is forgiven

Comparing Trumps response to Chinese communications with the Chinese and WHO lies is stupid.

Both were covering up data they had that said otherwise and refused to share it with the WHO.

That is simply a statement of fact.   

Just now, sactowndog said:

Both were covering up data they had that said otherwise and refused to share it with the WHO.

That is simply a statement of fact.   

One was going off of information provided by the WHO.  One was providing this information to the WHO.  The fact you are carrying water for the CCP is shocking. 

3 minutes ago, CV147 said:

China was actively shutting down doctors who were trying to speak up and disappearing journalists covering the true extent of the disease.

It would have been proper to question China's propaganda regarding a pandemic, because they're not trustworthy. I can't answer for Trump, but he's not personally tasked with the things that the WHO is.

The statement was about suppressing information not locking up doctors.   

The WHO is not tasked with intelligence activities.  They are tasked with disseminating information member states provide and funding research.  The US is tasked with intelligence which Trump had and failed to provide.   

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

One was going off of information provided by the WHO.  One was providing this information to the WHO.  The fact you are carrying water for the CCP is shocking. 

We had our own sources.  Most likely much better sources than the WHO which isn’t an intelligence agency.   And our public stance was China was telling the truth   If the world should be mad at anyone, in addition to China, its likely us.   

I’m not carrying water for the CCP,  I’m pointing out Trumps rampant hypocrisy which your teams and shit nature is blind to.  

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

We had our own sources.  I’m not carrying water for the CCP,  I’m pointing out Trumps rampant hypocrisy which your teams and shit nature is blind to.  

My teams and shit?  I have said Trump handled this badly for over a month now.  You saying there is little difference in what the CCP and WHO did, is just +++++ing idiotic.

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The statement was about suppressing information not locking up doctors.   

The WHO is not tasked with intelligence activities.  They are tasked with disseminating information member states provide and funding research.  The US is tasked with intelligence which Trump had and failed to provide.   

No, read their (WHO) mission statement.  They violated it to suck Chinas dick.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, read their (WHO) mission statement.  They violated it to suck Chinas dick.

Here is their mission statement.  

Mission: To advocate and catalyze global and country actions to resolve the human resources for health crisis, to support the achievement of the health-related millennium development goals and health for all.

I don’t see intelligence gathering to contradict the two most powerful countries in the world anywhere in this statement.  I’m going to bow out, as I find this hypocrisy personally disgusting and it will only devolve into me saying something I’d have to apologize for later.   

Here is their mission statement.  

Mission: To advocate and catalyze global and country actions to resolve the human resources for health crisis, to support the achievement of the health-related millennium development goals and health for all.

I don’t see intelligence gathering to contradict the two most powerful countries in the world anywhere in this statement.  I’m going to bow out, as I find this hypocrisy personally disgusting and it will only devolve into me saying something I’d have to apologize for later.   

And they violated that statement by knowingly lying to the world.  How hard is this for you?  Contradict the two most powerful countries in the world?  You are being an idiot.  They had one country to contradict, China, and an avalanche of evidence to do so.  They chose not to,  You are being beyond stupid, please, do bow out.

25 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

In drawing comparisons to China leaders only matter so much.  Ours do not suppress the information our best and brightest provide.  China disappears their who dare do the same.  And the WHO carried that water. 

What!? We have a President who routinely ignores or contradicts our "best and brightest".

Also, I'm not debating the pros and cons of WHO or China. I'm talking about what happens when we pull out of these international organizations/coalitions. Does it open the door for China to have even more influence on the world stage?

Just now, renoskier said:

What!? We have a President who routinely ignores or contradicts our "best and brightest".

Also, I'm not debating the pros and cons of WHO or China. I'm talking about what happens when we pull out of these international organizations/coalitions. Does it open the door for China to have even more influence on the world stage?

What more influence do they have? The WHO is already a propaganda wing of their government, we’re just footing the bill.

Ignoring the best and brightest and suppressing them are two entirely different things.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Our best and brightest are given a huge stage to speak without interference from our government.  There is no comparison.  Any attempt at such is silly.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

What more influence do they have? The WHO is already a propaganda wing of their government, we’re just footing the bill.

Ignoring the best and brightest and suppressing them are two entirely different things.

Not just with this issue; I worry that every time the US throws a hissy fit, takes their ball and goes home, China will roll out a new ball and stay in the game.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And they violated that statement by knowingly lying to the world.  How hard is this for you?  Contradict the two most powerful countries in the world?  You are being an idiot.  They had one country to contradict, China, and an avalanche of evidence to do so.  They chose not to,  You are being beyond stupid, please, do bow out.

Care to point out the lie in their statement:

The day before, the WHO did report information it received from China about the virus, saying in a Jan. 9 statement, “According to Chinese authorities, the virus in question can cause severe illness in some patients and does not transmit readily between people.” But the organization also said “more comprehensive information is required to understand the current status and epidemiology of the outbreak,” and that “[f]urther investigations” were also needed to determine “modes of transmission.”

Two entities knew and could prove on July 9th the virus does not transmit readily between people...

1) the CCP

2) The US intelligence agency

After a WHO delegation visited Wuhan on Jan. 20 and 21, the organization also issued a statement, saying that “[d]ata collected through detailed epidemiological investigation and through the deployment of the new test kit nationally suggests that human-to-human transmission is taking place in Wuhan.”

If you are going to accuse someone get your data right.

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They had no evidence you +++++ing moron.  They didn't get on the ground until a week later.  The only one with evidence were US Intelligence agencies and Trump wasn't saying shit.  

Quit lying and go +++++ yourself.

They had no evidence you +++++ing moron.  They didn't get on the ground until a week later.  The only one with evidence were US Intelligence agencies and Trump wasn't saying shit.  

Quit lying and go +++++ yourself.

You are wrong, they had tons of evidence.  They had doctors and medical experts relaying information.  Medical experts that are now missing in China.  Medical experts in Taiwan.  You hate Trump so much you are carrying water for the CCP.  You are a sad, sad person.

The day before, the WHO did report information it received from China about the virus, saying in a Jan. 9 statement, “According to Chinese authorities, the virus in question can cause severe illness in some patients and does not transmit readily between people.” But the organization also said “more comprehensive information is required to understand the current status and epidemiology of the outbreak,” and that “[f]urther investigations” were also needed to determine “modes of transmission.”

Two entities knew and could prove on July 9th the virus does not transmit readily between people...

1) the CCP

After a WHO delegation visited Wuhan on Jan. 20 and 21, the organization also issued a statement, saying that “[d]ata collected through detailed epidemiological investigation and through the deployment of the new test kit nationally suggests that human-to-human transmission is taking place in Wuhan.”

This does not support your position in the least.  In fact it trounces your position.  You are just too dumb to comprehend what you are reading.  

1) the CCP

You left out the third group.  The Taiwanese knew and they let the WHO know.  I know, I know.  They addressed that in the statement.  Saying "further investigations" were needed is the exact same as saying there is some information indicating it could be transmitted human to human.