Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

He defunded the WHO in the middle of a Pandemic!?!

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The WHO had doctors from Hong Kong and Taiwan working in Wuhan confirm this as scientific fact and withheld the information.  The Hong Kong doctors on January 4th confirmed it as fact.  Taiwan on December 31st confirmed this.  These were there doctors in CHYNAAH.  The WHO, having this evidence, LIED.  Parroting the CHYNAAAH line.  What possible reason would the US have for pressuring them to withhold this information?  None.  The skin in the game was CHYNAAAAAAHS.

A Lie is a lie fuktard.  Being pressured into lying does not make it not a lie.

Once this is over I hope the WHO, if they can, cleans house with the bulk of the China connection  WHO officials eliminated. I'm not anti WHO just against the corruption starting at the top..

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The WHO had doctors from Hong Kong and Taiwan working in Wuhan confirm this as scientific fact and withheld the information.  The Hong Kong doctors on January 4th confirmed it as fact.  Taiwan on December 31st confirmed this.  These were there doctors in CHYNAAH.  The WHO, having this evidence, LIED.  Parroting the CHYNAAAH line.  What possible reason would the US have for pressuring them to withhold this information?  None.  The skin in the game was CHYNAAAAAAHS.

A Lie is a lie fuktard.  Being pressured into lying does not make it not a lie.

Well either you can’t read, are a straight out liar, or you are trying to hard to win the troll derby.  For the record, I voted for Stunner because lying about important shit like this stuff to win a troll derby shows a lack of judgement on when to troll and when to be serious about facts. :shrug:

10 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Again, Merkel specifically opposes cuts to WHO in the middle of a pandemic.   The article also states what I stated about the WHO’s behavior.....

Some experts argue that the WHO may have been worried that challenging Beijing in any way could have worsened the crisis by putting China on the defensive. "This could have potentially led to China sharing less information with the international community or to Beijing barring WHO experts from going to China," Thomas des Garets Geddes, a research fellow at the Berlin-based Mercator Institute for China Studies (MERICS) told DW.

Again, the WHO isn’t perfect and I agree about adding Taiwan as a member state to the UN and the WHO as I said early in this thread.  Those actions will actually reduce China’s ability to bend the WHO to its personal agenda.   

WTF are you taking this personally or something? I didn't write anything about what you stated or didn't. In fact, I didn't reference you at all. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, westfan said:

Once this is over I hope the WHO, if they can, cleans house with the bulk of the China connection  WHO officials eliminated. I'm not anti WHO just against the corruption starting at the top..

Given the last two pandemics started in China, I hope the maintain a positive though unbiased relationship so if a third pandemic starts there we can get the DNA structure must faster.   

11 minutes ago, westfan said:

Same, we need a WHO.  We need to clean house, roll heads, and have better auditing of all allocated funds.  I agree with Australia, the world needs to investigate Chinese influence in the WHO during this pandemic.

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well either you can’t read, are a straight out liar, or you are trying to hard to win the troll derby.  For the record, I voted for Stunner because lying about important shit like this stuff to win a troll derby shows a lack of judgement on when to troll and when to be serious about facts. :shrug:

What am I lying about Mr.Sac?  Nothing.  You are getting your shit pushed in and have already had to backtrack and restate your case multiple times.  You now seem to be admitting the WHO is bent towards the will of the CCP, or was during this pandemic.

BTW the WHO is still saying stupid irresponsible shit that our CDC directly contradicts.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What am I lying about Mr.Sac?  Nothing.  You are getting your shit pushed in and have already had to backtrack and restate your case multiple times.  You now seem to be admitting the WHO is bent towards the will of the CCP, or was during this pandemic.

BTW the WHO is still saying stupid irresponsible shit that our CDC directly contradicts.

Dude I already provided direct quotes and a timeline of who knew what when.  Why don’t you prove you learned to read in Boise and post them yourselves.   For the record, I posted them for others like Westfan, you are just obviously trolling, :fishing:

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Dude I already provided direct quotes and a timeline of who knew what when.  Why don’t you prove you learned to read in Boise and post them yourselves.   For the record, I posted them for others like Westfan, you are just obviously trolling, :fishing:

And I provided information contradicting you.  

On 4/18/2020 at 2:27 AM, Akkula said:

You make the mistake of believing the biggest liar in this world...Trump...over the word of literally anyone else in this world.  It appears he was fully involved in creating the scapegoat for his failures very early on and was fully involved in any "lies" the WHO may have been telling.  We expect this from the "liar in chief" and this is how he treats anyone in his cabinet who he needs to throw under the bus to save himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/17/trump-tells-damnable-murderous-lie/

Trump tells a damnable and murderous lie

As Trump surely knows, and as I have learned from people with knowledge of the situation who spoke to me on the condition of confidentiality, 15 officials from his administration were embedded with the WHO in Geneva, working full time, hand-in-glove with the organization on the virus from the very first day China disclosed the outbreak to the world, Dec. 31. At least six other U.S. officials at WHO headquarters dedicated most of their time to the virus, and two others worked remotely with the WHO on covid-19 full time. In the weeks that followed, they and other U.S. government scientists engaged in all major deliberations and decisions at the WHO on the novel coronavirus, had access to all information, and contributed significantly to the world body’s conclusions and recommendations.

If appears that any corruption and deference by the WHO to dictators was actually a deference to the Trump administration and a coverup for their benefit as well.  Who is actually in league with the Chinese to conceal the truth of this virus?  It appears this WHO defunding is punishment for not keeping quiet and sufficiently deferential to the Trumpist party line.  It also appears that this strategic ambiguity of the truth is allowing both the Chinese and Trump to point the finger elsewhere at great benefit to themselves for their respective domestic audiences.  It must have been difficult for the WHO to have to balance all the pressure for a coverup by Trump and the Chinese...some of their biggest funders.

Trump is well aware that right wingers would fall in line quickly to blame the "globalist" WHO with flimsy facts and you all have responded nicely for him like pavlovian dogs while they get Benghazi-ed and swift boated.

Yes we have officials working in cooperation with the WHO.  That does not change the fact they suppressed information given to them, not us, from us by Taiwan.

"Taiwan’s and Hong Kong’s health authorities assessed the pandemic accurately, and not just with respect to the science. They understood the political complexities, including the roles of the WHO and China in shaping official statements about the virus. They did not take the WHO’s word when it was still parroting in late January China’s cover-up that there was no human-to-human transmission. They did not listen to the WHO on not wearing masks, which the WHO continues to insist are unnecessary to this late day, despite accumulating evidence that masks are essential to dampening this epidemic’s spread. Taiwan ignored the WHO’s position that travel bans were ineffective; instead, it closed its borders early and, like Hong Kong, screened travelers aggressively."

This time, the WHO was told the truth early on: Taiwanese health authorities sent their own medical teams to Wuhan in December. Those scientists confirmed human-to-human transmission—the most crucial piece of information for determining the difference between a local tragedy (if viruses are only jumping from infected bats or pangolins to humans in wildlife markets where people interact directly with them) and a brewing global pandemic. Taiwan isn’t allowed to be a member of the WHO, because of China’s objections, but it still informed the organization. Hong Kong health authorities, too, announced as early as January 4 that they suspected human-to-human transmission was already occurring, as they also looked at the evidence and their own contacts in Wuhan.

Yet still the WHO said there was no evidence of human to human transmission in late January.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And I provided information contradicting you.  

On 4/18/2020 at 2:27 AM, Akkula said:

You make the mistake of believing the biggest liar in this world...Trump...over the word of literally anyone else in this world.  It appears he was fully involved in creating the scapegoat for his failures very early on and was fully involved in any "lies" the WHO may have been telling.  We expect this from the "liar in chief" and this is how he treats anyone in his cabinet who he needs to throw under the bus to save himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/17/trump-tells-damnable-murderous-lie/

Trump tells a damnable and murderous lie

As Trump surely knows, and as I have learned from people with knowledge of the situation who spoke to me on the condition of confidentiality, 15 officials from his administration were embedded with the WHO in Geneva, working full time, hand-in-glove with the organization on the virus from the very first day China disclosed the outbreak to the world, Dec. 31. At least six other U.S. officials at WHO headquarters dedicated most of their time to the virus, and two others worked remotely with the WHO on covid-19 full time. In the weeks that followed, they and other U.S. government scientists engaged in all major deliberations and decisions at the WHO on the novel coronavirus, had access to all information, and contributed significantly to the world body’s conclusions and recommendations.

If appears that any corruption and deference by the WHO to dictators was actually a deference to the Trump administration and a coverup for their benefit as well.  Who is actually in league with the Chinese to conceal the truth of this virus?  It appears this WHO defunding is punishment for not keeping quiet and sufficiently deferential to the Trumpist party line.  It also appears that this strategic ambiguity of the truth is allowing both the Chinese and Trump to point the finger elsewhere at great benefit to themselves for their respective domestic audiences.  It must have been difficult for the WHO to have to balance all the pressure for a coverup by Trump and the Chinese...some of their biggest funders.

Trump is well aware that right wingers would fall in line quickly to blame the "globalist" WHO with flimsy facts and you all have responded nicely for him like pavlovian dogs while they get Benghazi-ed and swift boated.

Yes we have officials working in cooperation with the WHO.  That does not change the fact they suppressed information given to them, not us, from us by Taiwan.

"Taiwan’s and Hong Kong’s health authorities assessed the pandemic accurately, and not just with respect to the science. They understood the political complexities, including the roles of the WHO and China in shaping official statements about the virus. They did not take the WHO’s word when it was still parroting in late January China’s cover-up that there was no human-to-human transmission. They did not listen to the WHO on not wearing masks, which the WHO continues to insist are unnecessary to this late day, despite accumulating evidence that masks are essential to dampening this epidemic’s spread. Taiwan ignored the WHO’s position that travel bans were ineffective; instead, it closed its borders early and, like Hong Kong, screened travelers aggressively."

This time, the WHO was told the truth early on: Taiwanese health authorities sent their own medical teams to Wuhan in December. Those scientists confirmed human-to-human transmission—the most crucial piece of information for determining the difference between a local tragedy (if viruses are only jumping from infected bats or pangolins to humans in wildlife markets where people interact directly with them) and a brewing global pandemic. Taiwan isn’t allowed to be a member of the WHO, because of China’s objections, but it still informed the organization. Hong Kong health authorities, too, announced as early as January 4 that they suspected human-to-human transmission was already occurring, as they also looked at the evidence and their own contacts in Wuhan.

Yet still the WHO said there was no evidence of human to human transmission in late January.

Yeah and I provided the original showing your article was false.  This is boring.  I’ve got other things to do..... 

Just now, sactowndog said:

Yeah and I provided the original showing your article was false.  This is boring.  I’ve got other things to do..... 

The article is not false and is already garnering acclamation around the world.  It was a fantastic article.  You conveniently left out the Hong Kong doctors, you said Taiwan could not have known because there were no cases at that time in Taiwan.  Which completely misses the point.  There were Taiwanese doctors working in Wuhan.

Yeah you should probably find something else today instead of getting clowned by me and dying the WHO hill.

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Sorry i posted in this topic. For the record I think most in the WHO do a good job. I just think the top of the WHO too close to China connections need to go away. My rant last night was not aimed at the WHO just top brass and I was pissed.. FYI last night I was venting because of the three late night hosts and other Hollywood mouths that always bash Trump. Heck i didn't even vote for Trump in 2016. This time I will  and no he's an ass but better than anyone left running on the Dem side.  

9 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Nah just responding mostly to @halfmanhalfbronco

Well how about you respond to HMHB rather than me then? My point was that countries and media outlets are now asking for investigations into how much influence China had over the reporting.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Well how about you respond to HMHB rather than me then? My point was that countries and media outlets are now asking for investigations into how much influence China had over the reporting.

True and I was clarifying none of those same countries supported defunding the WHO.   They also pointed out the tricky spot the WHO was in and still are in getting information out of China.   Most of the world wants to understand root cause and China may or may not help us get there.  

Interesting spin on WHO.

Looks like Mitch McConnell has some explaining to do.

But Trump and the GOP-controlled Senate gave up some of the leverage the U.S. might have had at the WHO by failing to confirm a delegate to the executive board. Executive board seats last for three-year terms, with representatives required to be “technically qualified in the field of health.” The U.S.’ latest term on the board, the WHO’s equivalent of the United Nations Security Council, started in 2018 after a required year off in 2017.

But the last Senate-confirmed U.S. representative on the WHO’s executive board was then-Centers for Disease Control Director Tom Frieden, whose term expired around the time Obama left office.

It wasn’t until 10 months after the United States’ current term began in 2018 when Trump nominated Admiral Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary for health at the Department of Health and Human Services, for the job.

But since his initial nomination, the White House, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), and the rest of the Senate Republican leadership have shown no urgency about filling the appointment.

Giroir’s nomination has sat for so long that the White House had to renominate him twice — once at the beginning of 2019 and again on March 18, 2020, three months after his nomination had expired (which happens at the end of the Senate’s calendar year). His nomination sailed through the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in April 2019, and all he needed for confirmation was for McConnell to slot Senate floor time for a vote.

But while McConnell has successfully confirmed hundreds of judges and other administration officials for Trump, including many who faced much stiffer resistance from Democrats, he never bothered giving Giroir a vote.

“He went through the committee pretty easily. It’s been on the Senate floor,” a Republican Senate Foreign Relations Committee aide told VICE News, saying why he never got approved by the Senate was “a White House or McConnell question.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z3ba5j/trump-is-scapegoating-the-who-but-failed-to-confirm-a-us-representative-for-3-years

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It is so damn pathetic the way Pelosi and the Dems are politicizing C19 and dividing people. This is a time when that should be on hold. But instead it’s on a DEFCOM 1 level. 

If you actually believed this, wouldn't you have refrained from making this comment in the first place?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

14 minutes ago, happycamper said:

If you actually believed this, wouldn't you have refrained from making this comment in the first place?

No the "that" that he is talking about being on hold is DEMs being political. Trump and his supporters can continue politicizing things all they want.

5 minutes ago, tspoke said:

No the "that" that he is talking about being on hold is DEMs being political. Trump and his supporters can continue politicizing things all they want.

Lol, totes agree.  The hypocrisy never ends.  As one guilty of hypocrisy often I know it when I see it.

I can not even criticize the WHO without being called a Trump nut hugger.  The lines are drawn.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol, totes agree.  The hypocrisy never ends.  As one guilty of hypocrisy often I know it when I see it.

I can not even criticize the WHO without being called a Trump nut hugger.  The lines are drawn.

That’s not true at all:  
1) we said you were a poor trolling candidate not a Trump nut hugger

2) no one said the WHO was above criticism just that your depiction of the timeline, what constitutes proof and what constitutes lying had no basis in fact

3) if 2 is true return to item 1