Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fort Fun

Colorado State 2021 Recruiting

Here's the new thread because BleedRebelRed is too lazy.

On 4/13/2020 at 3:42 PM, BleedRebelRed said:

Nice pickup for CSU, making the Rams the first MWC team with two '21 commits.

Adams should end up being a top-50 MWC commit.  He was one of the first '21 players that Arroyo's new staff at UNLV offered.

EDIT:  I see now that this is a '20 thread, but I'm not starting a '21 CSU thread.

Lathan.jpg

Definitely a good pick-up, but this just seems like an odd time to commit. Don't know if he's been to Fort Collins and I'm sure he won't visit anytime soon. Hope he sticks around.

I was curious what areas of the US the new staff is going to focus on. (Didn't feel like getting work done today, my company paid me to do this instead.)

Found 105 offers on Twitter (not the most accurate way of doing this, but good enough to give me enough information to work with). 

1. California- 26 offers- as expected
  2. Texas- 24 offers- as expected
  3. Florida- 16 offers- seems about right
  4. Nevada- 9 offers- we've definitely recruited southern Nevada before, but feels like new staff is emphasizing it more. 
  5. Colorado- 8 offers- I think there are more than this that were originally offered by Bobo, but I didn't go past February 1st.
  6. New Jersey- 5 offers- NJ is our new Georgia. Suck it... Rutgers? 
  7. Arizona- 4 offers- not a surprise
  8. New York- 3 offers- Don't know if the Northeast is a hotbed for talent, guess we'll see.
  9. Utah- 3 offers- I think this staff will recruit Utah harder than previous staffs. I hope so. 
  10. Pennsylvania- 2 offers- Wouldn't be surprised if this is higher with our staff's connections to Temple.

Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, and Nebraska with one. (Also found a 2022 New Hampshire offer)

Georgia with one offer and no offers from Louisiana and the Carolinas is a complete 180 from the previous staff. As is a combined 11 offers in the tri-state area and Philly. I think this was all expected though. 

disclaimer: I'm sure I missed some offers and may have double-counted others.

I guess I'll get back to work now.

On 4/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, Fort Fun said:

I was curious what areas of the US the new staff is going to focus on. (Didn't feel like getting work done today, my company paid me to do this instead.)

Found 105 offers on Twitter (not the most accurate way of doing this, but good enough to give me enough information to work with). 

You can compare your totals to the 127 '21 offers listed for CSU at https://247sports.com/college/colorado-state/Season/2021-Football/Offers/

Your company doesn't need to know this (although it is a skill that could prove useful for your company), but if you format the data, for example CSU's QB and APB offers, like:

Littleton, CO {QB Jake Rubley} <green>
Argyle, TX {QB Daniel Greek} <green>
Monument, CO {QB Luke McAllister} <green>
Attleboro, MA {QB Brady Olson} <green>
San Antonio, TX {QB Lucas Coley} <green>
West Hills, CAlifornia {QB Jaylen Henderson} <green>
Lawndale, CAlifornia {APB Johnathan Arceneaux} <red>

... and paste it into the "Bulk Entry" feature at the free site:

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/#

You can get a product like:

*PRO TIP... if you put CA for California it will drop them in the closest match in CAnada.

CSU_QBs.PNG

On 4/15/2020 at 1:46 PM, Fort Fun said:

1. California- 26 offers- as expected
  2. Texas- 24 offers- as expected
  3. Florida- 16 offers- seems about right
  4. Nevada- 9 offers- we've definitely recruited southern Nevada before, but feels like new staff is emphasizing it more. 
  5. Colorado- 8 offers- I think there are more than this that were originally offered by Bobo, but I didn't go past February 1st.
  6. New Jersey- 5 offers- NJ is our new Georgia. Suck it... Rutgers? 
  7. Arizona- 4 offers- not a surprise
  8. New York- 3 offers- Don't know if the Northeast is a hotbed for talent, guess we'll see.
  9. Utah- 3 offers- I think this staff will recruit Utah harder than previous staffs. I hope so. 
  10. Pennsylvania- 2 offers- Wouldn't be surprised if this is higher with our staff's connections to Temple.

Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, and Nebraska with one. (Also found a 2022 New Hampshire offer)

Georgia with one offer and no offers from Louisiana and the Carolinas is a complete 180 from the previous staff. As is a combined 11 offers in the tri-state area and Philly. I think this was all expected though. 

disclaimer: I'm sure I missed some offers and may have double-counted others.

GREAT Data & supporting content.  !Thx!

FWIW, and I'm guessing you probably are already aware, but Western Conn/NYC/Jersey/Eastern Penn are kind of like one HUGE Metro Monolith with the Princeton Gap along the central NJ Turnpike Corridor in the middle.  Who knows, some every try to tack the Baltimore/DC Metroplex on to it too.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:06 PM, BleedRebelRed said:

You can compare your totals to the 127 '21 offers listed for CSU at https://247sports.com/college/colorado-state/Season/2021-Football/Offers/

Your company doesn't need to know this (although it is a skill that could prove useful for your company), but if you format the data, for example CSU's QB and APB offers, like:

Littleton, CO {QB Jake Rubley} <green>
Argyle, TX {QB Daniel Greek} <green>
Monument, CO {QB Luke McAllister} <green>
Attleboro, MA {QB Brady Olson} <green>
San Antonio, TX {QB Lucas Coley} <green>
West Hills, CAlifornia {QB Jaylen Henderson} <green>
Lawndale, CAlifornia {APB Johnathan Arceneaux} <red>

... and paste it into the "Bulk Entry" feature at the free site:

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/#

You can get a product like:

*PRO TIP... if you put CA for California it will drop them in the closest match in CAnada.

CSU_QBs.PNG

¡GREAT resource & pro-tips...Thx!

If you are still keeping up on our class, feel free to chk-out my post below & put a green pin on suburban Houston of our newest TE Drake Martinez.

¡¡¡ GO STATE !!!

Drake Martinez - TE - Cypress, Tejas 

=================================================
NAME: Drake Martinez^ 
HIEGHT: 6’3” 
WEIGHT: 220# 
POSSITION: TE (Jr) & WR (Soph) 
JR STATS: 49-catches, 604-yrds & 7-TDs 
OTHER OFFERS: SoFLA 
MRKT: Cypress, Tejas (Metro Houston) 
SCHOOL(S): St Thomas, (Soph & Jr) & Houston Christian (Frosh) 
HONORS: All-Texas 
RECRUTING CLASS: 2021 
=================================================

^FWIW…LOVIN’ the name “Drake” for a TE. 

In his pics on Twitter/Coloradoan (23 April 2020), he looks more like a QB or a Safety than a TE to me. Maybe it’s just the #7 CSU Captain’s Jersey he’s wearing in his photo shoot at Canvas during his unofficial visit. Hopefully our S&C folks can bulk him & get him ready for blocking D-1A competition. Maybe Ramdom can coach him up some. He played WR as a Soph before growing another inch & putting on 20-lbs before moving to TE as a Jr. I’m GUESSING these times (from one of the links below) are from his Soph season:  
40-YD: 4.65 
5-10-5: 4.45 

Curious how accurate these times are in general & if they changed much with the additional height & weight. ¿Is this kid a ‘tween-er? Is he fast enough to get a look at Safety as well, or if he puts on more weight would Line Backer be an option?

¿Didn’t CJMcE have a few TE heavy classes early on? ¿Anybody remember how many of those kids stayed TEs & how many moved to other positions? 

I like his comments in the linked Coloradoan piece about how our coaching staff’s recruiting him. Sounds like our staff has a real full-court press/all hands on deck approach to recruiting. I’m still on the fences, however The Dude is staring to win me over.  

¿Any word on OL-&-RB, or SoCal prospects CSA-&-Co are bullish on? 

I like this kid & hope he has a great career both athletically & academically here at ole Colo A&M. 

¡VIVA DRAKE…VIVA el GÜERO! 

2 hours ago, RamSack said:

I hope he has a great career as a CSU Ram.  One of Las Vegas' best prep players ever (Mike Prichard) became one of the best players ever for your rival CU Bufs.

UNLV historically has not recruited well locally, in football or basketball.  One big reason is that the top local players look at UNLV as a backup option, if they don't get playing time wherever they begin at they can come home and play. 

Gerrick Robinson comes from the Centennial program that the local 247Sports guy used to be an assistant for, so sometimes their players get a little over-hyped.

13 commits in early May

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

14 commits now w 3* QB Chance Harris

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

If their per player average holds steady it will be the lowest per player average for CSU since 2015

No spring camps doesn't help. A lot of these kids would have chances to go to rivals/247 camps to improve stock but thats not an option. We will see how it turns out on the field.

It's never a bad sign when your staff gets the players they want and not their Plan Z choice

On 5/11/2020 at 8:50 PM, RamSack said:

He was just offered by SDSU and had been following all of the SDSU coaches for months on twitter...

7 hours ago, Fowl said:

He was just offered by SDSU and had been following all of the SDSU coaches for months on twitter...

There is a lot of time between now and LOI day and I fully expect to lose some commits to other schools and losing one to SDSU would not be a surprise, but losing one to UNLV would suck.

6 hours ago, RamSack said:

There is a lot of time between now and LOI day and I fully expect to lose some commits to other schools and losing one to SDSU would not be a surprise, but losing one to UNLV would suck.

If SDSU poaches Robinson you will be losing him to UNLV legend Hunkie Cooper (SDSU's WR coach).  Cooper has more recruiting connections in Las Vegas and recruits LV harder than UNLV has in the past decade. 

If nothing else, the offer from Cooper does validate Robinson's value as a recruit.  As I mentioned above, players from that high school tend to be overrated on 247Sports.... like with Robinson having "interest" listed from 17 schools including 10 P5 schools, but only having offers from Idaho and CSU until SDSU.  I've seen guys from there with "interest" from 15 schools (including a mix of P5 to D2 schools) and no offers.  Looking now I just found an example of a former player from there https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Dominic-Arrigo-124396/RecruitInterests/ and some from LV may recognize the last name.

CSU is raking in the commits, no question about it.  It's going to be interesting how it shakes out.  Our former coach did a really good job of bringing in the guys that 247 was high on, and he didn't win crap.  The new staff seems to not read that website.  None of us know if they are settling for guys just to get the class full, or if (as advertised) these are the real targets.  I'm a RAM, I'll go with the latter.  I will say that this class is looking much more balanced than we're used to and that there isn't one commitment that I'm disappointed that we got.  A few that are under the radar but video says they can play.  Maybe we're not fighting 'Bama for these guys, but we always lost that game anyway.  I hope we hold on to these kids.  I've never met any of them but it looks like a highly intelligent class with character and excited to be at CSU.  Certainly no lack of talent, even if it's not 4*, but definitely looks like a group of players looking to become a successful team.  I'm liking that aspect.