Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

SMU killing it on the recruiting trail

They landed a top-100 player and fringe 5***** at QB. He is going to put up huge numbers in Sonny Dykes system. Their average player rating is over 89 on the 247 composite. They are on track to surpass Boise's banner class from two years ago.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:14 PM, kingpotato said:

They landed a top-100 player and fringe 5***** at QB. He is going to put up huge numbers in Sonny Dykes system. Their average player rating is over 89 on the 247 composite. They are on track to surpass Boise's banner class from two years ago.

It’s DALLAS, get it right!! 🙂 Just like Buffalo is NEW YORK. Can’t blame them for trying. 

A MWC school should’ve grabbed Dykes. He’s the perfect fit for a G5. 

Ideally, the coaches that are perfect for a G5 are the ones that were successful at the G5 level, and because of that got a sweet gig or two at a P5, got fired and back to G5. This type of coach will have just hit his peak and is just starting to go back down the other side of his career. They got their big pay days and some success at P5, and now are comfortable with less pressure but able to put together consistent Top 25 G5’s. Dykes, Hoke, Andersen, MacIntyre, etc. I almost included McElwain, but I wouldn’t put him at that high of a level. He can eventually get your program going, but it takes a while. It’ll be interesting to see how he does as the new HC of Central Michigan. 

MacIntyre should be available right now since he’s only a DC at Memphis. He took a job at HC graveyard SJSU and got them in the Top 25, so I would think he could do that anywhere. 

kat.jpg