Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Because I'm old, I can say from some degree of experience that there hasn't been a greater imperative in a presidential election since the sixties than getting the current incumbent out of office as the guy has been a blight on the country for 3.5 years. So although I'm no longer a Democrat and think the party is often run by drooling fools, I won't for a minute criticize their determination to nominate the candidate with the best chance of ridding our country of the stench of Trump.

the foolish thing is that the Democratic Party has circled the wagons around Joe Biden, a complete buffoon, who lies almost as much as Trump, and who is a very plausible rapist. (which is a felony)  He's also corrupt (Why on earth is his son getting deals in China and Ukraine???)

They should have called on Biden to resign a while ago, while they still had time to get a real candidate.  Biden is looking like a huge mistake.

Mayor Pete, Klobachar, Warren---they would all be preferable to BIDEN

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

the foolish thing is that the Democratic Party has circled the wagons around Joe Biden, a complete buffoon, who lies almost as much as Trump, and who is a very plausible rapist. (which is a felony)  He's also corrupt (Why on earth is his son getting deals in China and Ukraine???)

They should have called on Biden to resign a while ago, while they still had time to get a real candidate.  Biden is looking like a huge mistake.

THE goal this year wasn't choosing the candidate who, if elected, would be the best president. THE goal was to pick the candidate with the best chance of ridding our country of one of the 3-4 worst presidents in its history.

Mayor Pete is gay. That wasn't a detriment to his winning the Democratic nomination but would have been very much so in running in the general election. Warren is very liberal which would also have been a detriment in the general election; plus, she's too reminiscent of the hated Hillary Clinton. Klobuchar would have made a much better president than Biden but she just didn't resonate with black voters and I don't think the Dems can beat Mr. Grumpy if blacks don't turn out.

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Has anyone actually met a real Biden supporter?  I've never even seen one myself, certainly haven't seen any posters on this board that are Biden supporters either.  

I plan on voting for who I view as the lesser of the two evils that has a chance to win the Presidency this time around. That's not to say that I think Biden is "evil" per se, but I do think he was a bad choice to be the nominee for the Democrats. People let themselves be paralyzed by the fear of another four years of Trump while the media and DNC ran the narrative that Biden was the one who could beat Trump. They attacked the people who were in his "lane" so to speak in order to run them out of the race. The moderates coalesced behind him moving into Super Tuesday because they knew the alternative was Bernie, who contrary to popular opinion doesn't really represent the viewpoints of the majority of the core of the Democratic Party. 

Biden was way down on my list of candidates... Beto, Klobuchar, Yang, Bullock, Buttigieg, Booker, Bennet, Delaney, Harris, and others were higher on my list... hell, even Warren was higher on my personal list than Biden or Bernie. That said, absent something game changing, I plan on voting for Biden in November. Not because I believe him to be a good candidates, not because I necessarily want him to be President, but because I view another four years of Donald Trump to be an existential threat to our country. People can agree or disagree with me there, but that's what I'm basing my vote on. 

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

THE goal this year wasn't choosing the candidate who, if elected, would be the best president. THE goal was to pick the candidate with the best chance of ridding our country of one of the 3-4 worst presidents in its history.

Mayor Pete is gay. That wasn't a detriment to his winning the Democratic nomination but would have been very much so in running in the general election. Warren is very liberal which would also have been a detriment in the general election; plus, she's too reminiscent of the hated Hillary Clinton. Klobuchar would have made a much better president than Biden but she just didn't resonate with black voters and I don't think the Dems can beat Mr. Grumpy if blacks don't turn out.

Sad the Democrats produced such an embarrassing field this year.  Biden is the best they could come up with?

I liked that coffee baron, Howard Schultz, who is actually a Democrat, a good guy, and has accomplished a lot.  But, he was shouted down by Democrats, and their support in the Media, before he could even launch his campaign.

Now we are left with a warmonger, rapist, racist, with dementia.  Joe Biden.   What a choice!!!

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I plan on voting for who I view as the lesser of the two evils that has a chance to win the Presidency this time around. That's not to say that I think Biden is "evil" per se, but I do think he was a bad choice to be the nominee for the Democrats. People let themselves be paralyzed by the fear of another four years of Trump while the media and DNC ran the narrative that Biden was the one who could beat Trump. They attacked the people who were in his "lane" so to speak in order to run them out of the race. The moderates coalesced behind him moving into Super Tuesday because they knew the alternative was Bernie, who contrary to popular opinion doesn't really represent the viewpoints of the majority of the core of the Democratic Party. 

Biden was way down on my list of candidates... Beto, Klobuchar, Yang, Bullock, Buttigieg, Booker, Bennet, Delaney, Harris, and others were higher on my list... hell, even Warren was higher on my personal list than Biden or Bernie. That said, absent something game changing, I plan on voting for Biden in November. Not because I believe him to be a good candidates, not because I necessarily want him to be President, but because I view another four years of Donald Trump to be an existential threat to our country. People can agree or disagree with me there, but that's what I'm basing my vote on. 

Nice Justification...

Joe Biden could shoot someone in the street and you'd still vote for him.  You are no different than Trump's blind following.

This video is about you.

Trump is going to lose. He accused a cable tv news anchor of murder yesterday, and nobody batted an eye. The country is over it. Trump memes are out, Biden memes are in.

11544265-F371-4390-9-F28-A41-DF0-E2591-A

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

53 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Nice Justification...

Joe Biden could shoot someone in the street and you'd still vote for him.  You are no different than Trump's blind following.

This video is about you.

6Dxe3w7.jpg

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

Has anyone actually met a real Biden supporter?  I've never even seen one myself, certainly haven't seen any posters on this board that are Biden supporters either.  

Yes, I’m living with one, my wife. She is a Democrat through and through. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

^^^

Has a Donald Trump Boner.

Justifies voting for a Joe Biden because he has a Donald Trump Boner.

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Because I'm old, I can say from some degree of experience that there hasn't been a greater imperative in a presidential election since the sixties than getting the current incumbent out of office as the guy has been a blight on the country for 3.5 years. So although I'm no longer a Democrat and think the party is often run by drooling fools, I won't for a minute criticize their determination to nominate the candidate with the best chance of ridding our country of the stench of Trump.

Lol. That is an old and tired cliche and is said before every presidential election. Let me ask you a question. Before the Cvirus was your life outside of politics any different than it was say ten years ago? Presidents come and go and my life hasn’t changed much with every new regime. I would suspect if Hillary was elected my life wouldn’t be much different. 

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. That is an old and tired cliche and is said before every presidential election. Let me ask you a question. Before the Cvirus was your life outside of politics any different than it was say ten years ago? Presidents come and go and my life hasn’t changed much with every new regime. I would suspect if Hillary was elected my life wouldn’t be much different. 

I don't know.  The war with Russia would have sucked.

20 hours ago, retrofade said:

LOL - Beto!   You like to criticize everything Trump and you pull someone like Beto or Harris out of you butt.  

Face it - Democrats did not have ANY good candidates!  Trump won the Republican nomination 4 years ago because people didn't want the same old crap, but Democrats DO want the old crap because they also know most people don't want the new crap they have to offer.   Average people are not going to flock to vote for Biden because they know he doesn't offer them or the country anything and they don't want to go back to the crap Obama economy and wait 8 years again for economic recovery. 
Democrats are fooling themselves if they think they can win just by being anti Trump.  

Trump was right on illegal immigration.  Trump was 100% right on China,  Trump was right on redoing trade deals and pressuring US companies to mfg more in the US.  Trump was also correct on the economy and reducing gov't regulation.  
Trump has a lot of positive things to run on and their campaign has just started as well.  Democrats can only talk about their failed Russia hoax, their failed impeachment scam, their failed Flynn fiasco.

55 minutes ago, pokerider said:

LOL - Beto!   You like to criticize everything Trump and you pull someone like Beto or Harris out of you butt.  

Face it - Democrats did not have ANY good candidates!  Trump won the Republican nomination 4 years ago because people didn't want the same old crap, but Democrats DO want the old crap because they also know most people don't want the new crap they have to offer.   Average people are not going to flock to vote for Biden because they know he doesn't offer them or the country anything and they don't want to go back to the crap Obama economy and wait 8 years again for economic recovery. 
Democrats are fooling themselves if they think they can win just by being anti Trump.  

Trump was right on illegal immigration.  Trump was 100% right on China,  Trump was right on redoing trade deals and pressuring US companies to mfg more in the US.  Trump was also correct on the economy and reducing gov't regulation.  
Trump has a lot of positive things to run on and their campaign has just started as well.  Democrats can only talk about their failed Russia hoax, their failed impeachment scam, their failed Flynn fiasco.

The Democrats are on the losing side of most major issues. They have little to offer Americans which is why their whole campaign is predicated on TDS. Biden will not get any young voters and now he is pissing off black voters. 

22 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Stunner given Tara Reade’s own council has dropped her don’t you think it’s time to drop the rapist comments?  They are no more plausible than Kavanaugh.  Quite frankly, I would think it’s beneath you to throw such serious charges around so cavalierly.  But in an era where the President does it everyday, perhaps this behavior is the standard we can expect from Republicans. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-accuser-tara-reades-attorney-says-they-have-parted-ways/2020/05/22/92c38da4-9c3f-11ea-a2b3-5c3f2d1586df_story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

22 hours ago, retrofade said:

Ditto

Actually let me add to this statement....

at this point I will vote for the major candidate who I hope won’t damage the country and constitution.

I know Trump will cynically use emergency power declarations to do whatever he wants. He has already done so with the wall and the arms sales to the Saudi’s.

I know Trump will fire any competent cabinet member who stands up to him and the rule of law: Sessions, Mattis, Tillerson, etc.   In their place he will appoint political toadies.   

I know Trump will attack the Inspector General role which is put in place to counter waste and corruption in the Federal Government: Atkinson, Fine, Grimm, Linick, etc.

I know the Republican Senate is as hypocritical about standing up for the rule of law as they are the deficit given they have done nothing while almost every cabinet secretary and IG has been replaced with Trump toadies.  

Do I know Biden won’t do any of that?  No, I don’t but I suspect a Republican Senate will finally wake up and quit selling their soul if he does.  

22 hours ago, retrofade said:

HOLY SHIT!  You’re voting Democrat?  WHO KNEW?????  😂 

v0icAvfW.jpg

21 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Trump is going to lose. He accused a cable tv news anchor of murder yesterday, and nobody batted an eye. The country is over it. Trump memes are out, Biden memes are in.

11544265-F371-4390-9-F28-A41-DF0-E2591-A

No he won’t.  Until people like you say enough is enough and vote Biden, Trump has enough teams and shit Republicans to carry the day. 

22 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Sad the Democrats produced such an embarrassing field this year.  Biden is the best they could come up with?

I liked that coffee baron, Howard Schultz, who is actually a Democrat, a good guy, and has accomplished a lot.  But, he was shouted down by Democrats, and their support in the Media, before he could even launch his campaign.

Now we are left with a warmonger, rapist, racist, with dementia.  Joe Biden.   What a choice!!!

My first impression of Schultz was very favorable too. It seems like an eternity since I heard his name so I can't recall why but I soured on him pretty quickly after finding out he was a bit of a hypocrite. IIRC, what turned me off was he opposed Warren's idea of bumping up the tax rate for people earning over $5M per year or whatever it was pre-Reagan. That's pretty fundamental Democratic stuff and it isn't like Schultz can't afford to pay another million or so per year in federal tax.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

The Democrats are on the losing side of most major issues. They have little to offer Americans which is why their whole campaign is predicated on TDS. Biden will not get any young voters and now he is pissing off black voters. 

The Dems are on the correct side of the issue which should matter more to humanity than anything else, the environment. I'm not talking about anything as out there as the Green New Deal but if the Trump "nothing matters but the economy and environmental regulations hurt the economy" philosophy was adopted full force for too long, America could damn near destroy the planet for human habitation. So it isn't just getting an incompetent buffoon out of office that makes me adamant about voting for Biden, it's that as well.

18 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The Dems are on the correct side of the issue which should matter more to humanity than anything else, the environment. I'm not talking about anything as out there as the Green New Deal but if the Trump "nothing matters but the economy and environmental regulations hurt the economy" philosophy was adopted full force for too long, America could damn near destroy the planet for human habitation. So it isn't just getting an incompetent buffoon out of office that makes me adamant about voting for Biden, it's that as well.

Screw any policy position.  I just want a President that won’t fire every Cabinet Secretary and IG who stands up for the rule of law and separation of powers.   

Sadly Republicans in the Senate, with a few exceptions, have proven as hypocritical about the rule of law and constitution as they are about the deficit.