Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

My first impression of Schultz was very favorable too. It seems like an eternity since I heard his name so I can't recall why but I soured on him pretty quickly after finding out he was a bit of a hypocrite. IIRC, what turned me off was he opposed Warren's idea of bumping up the tax rate for people earning over $5M per year or whatever it was pre-Reagan. That's pretty fundamental Democratic stuff and it isn't like Schultz can't afford to pay another million or so per year in federal tax.

If the Democrats didn't have these lame purity tests ("We can't have a self-made billionaire....they are evil!!!!"), we might actually get guys like Howard Schutlz running, that have actually accomplished something. 

41 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

If the Democrats didn't have these lame purity tests ("We can't have a self-made billionaire....they are evil!!!!"), we might actually get guys like Howard Schutlz running, that have actually accomplished something. 

Or Bloomberg who I supported.  The Dem establishment is completely F’d up I would agree.   

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I liked Shultz also. I read that he pulled out of the race due to back problems for a period of time where he felt he couldn’t get out to campaign effectively. 

On 5/25/2020 at 12:26 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

The Dems are on the correct side of the issue which should matter more to humanity than anything else, the environment. I'm not talking about anything as out there as the Green New Deal but if the Trump "nothing matters but the economy and environmental regulations hurt the economy" philosophy was adopted full force for too long, America could damn near destroy the planet for human habitation. So it isn't just getting an incompetent buffoon out of office that makes me adamant about voting for Biden, it's that as well.

LOL...  Yeah the Dems would gladly make gas $5/gal,  quadruple the cost of nat gas and stop coal altogether.  And then just tell the poor people who can't afford their high priced energy to just deal with it as their making the planet a better place.  

20 minutes ago, pokerider said:

LOL...  Yeah the Dems would gladly make gas $5/gal,  quadruple the cost of nat gas and stop coal altogether.  And then just tell the poor people who can't afford their high priced energy to just deal with it as their making the planet a better place.  

Hardly. Those industries are run by the Republicans and increasing their profits is the last thing the Democrats would want to do.

Since you apparently haven't noticed, the Dems favor entirely phasing out the internal combustion engine and replacing it with electric power. As to coal, they favor it being replaced mainly by solar power. Doing both would indeed make the planet a better place. Doing so completely might even eliminate all the strange weather our country has been having over the last decade. It would reduce it at a minimum.

BTW, do you have any kids?

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Hardly. Those industries are run by the Republicans and increasing their profits is the last thing the Democrats would want to do.

Since you apparently haven't noticed, the Dems favor entirely phasing out the internal combustion engine and replacing it with electric power. As to coal, they favor it being replaced mainly by solar power. Doing both would indeed make the planet a better place. Doing so completely might even eliminate all the strange weather our country has been having over the last decade. It would reduce it at a minimum.

Doing both is a pipe dream...  😂 

v0icAvfW.jpg

Your a total moron if you think we're going to be able to eliminate the strange weather.   

And yes, just tell the poor people to go buy a new Tesla and give them each a solar panel and mini windmill and say this is your power sources now.   :banhammer:

You left something out....like making enough electricity...LOL.

18 minutes ago, pokerider said:

LOL - once again Retro simply brings up something Trump.  

I'm simply pointing out that if one is creepy, the other one should be as well.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

You know that both solar and wind never recoup the carbon output that is necessary to produce them, right? Literally less CO2 would be emitted if the solar and wind generating equipment was never built and put into service than if the fossil fuels were just burnt to produce the energy that these 'renewables' provide? Not to mention wind and solar equipment is not recyclable and the extraction of minerals necessary to produce them is awful for the planet

Time to bring out the Michael Moore documentary again for 818SudsFan. 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

It just got banned from YouTube, so you know it hit too close to the truth for some power people on the left. 

That pretty much tells you all you need to know about leftists and why they are dangerous. What’s next burning books they don’t agree with. 

17 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

That pretty much tells you all you need to know about leftists and why they are dangerous. What’s next burning books they don’t agree with. 

*Dave Rubin has entered the chat*

19 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Time to bring out the Michael Moore documentary again for 818SudsFan. 

Or for you, any number of documentaries about how oil and coal producers are harming the environment, perhaps irreparably so.

Answer my question. Do you have any kids?

On May 25, 2020 at 11:09 AM, sactowndog said:

No he won’t.  Until people like you say enough is enough and vote Biden, Trump has enough teams and shit Republicans to carry the day. 

I've voted against Trump twice, so miss me with that teams shit.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.