Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

More Reade credibility problems and it seems her lawyer has dropped her.   

On Monday, Reade had told CNN that she received a bachelor of arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle under the auspices of a "protected program," personally working with the former president of the school to ensure her identity was protected while she obtained credits for her degree. She also said that she was a visiting professor at the school, on and off for five years.

But a spokesperson for the university told CNN that Reade "attended but did not graduate from Antioch University" and that she was never a faculty member, but she did provide several hours of administrative work.  An Antioch University official told CNN that such a "protected program" does not exist and never has.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Sorry...

F

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

I was just reading that Trump's recent slide in the polls is largely the evangelicals that are upset with him and want him to do more to open churches in as safe a way as possible. So that's what was behind his big push to re-open churches yesterday. He badly needs these people, and he'll be fine with them when they start going to church. Different strokes for churchy folks. 

kat.jpg

20 hours ago, bigd said:

Completely agree with this. The average young person really doesn't care enough to choose between Trump and Biden. And the far left ones feel completely betrayed by the Democratic Party and won't show up.

Biden isn't a candidate that is going to inspire any group and drive massive turnout. This election is simply about Trump. Do enough moderates have Trump fatigue, and do enough average people hate him enough to show up in large numbers and vote against him even when they don't really like or support Biden.

IIRC you and I are about the same age as we were both shit posting while in High school together on the old WAC board.  I assume your social media feeds look a lot like mine, in that case.  You see as well as I do there is a level of apathy in this election with young people that was not there in 2016 and a FAR cry from where it was with Obama.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

What was Joe thinking? The comment on blacks is going to lose him more than a few votes. Another ad you will see replayed numerous times this fall. 

From a political standpoint he probably should have just avoided the Breakfast Club, or at the very least listened to his wife when she first tried to cut the interview off. Charlemagne doesn’t eff around in his interviews for presidential candidates; he asks questions that most people won’t. 

39 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

From a political standpoint he probably should have just avoided the Breakfast Club, or at the very least listened to his wife when she first tried to cut the interview off. Charlemagne doesn’t eff around in his interviews for presidential candidates; he asks questions that most people won’t. 

He should have said the Democrat party owes a huge debt to black voters. Instead it came across as blacks owe a huge debt to Democrats

He should have said the Democrat party owes a huge debt to black voters. Instead it came across as blacks owe a huge debt to Democrats

Your ability to generate a “go Red Team go” response to almost any topic never ceases to amaze.

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Your ability to generate a “go Red Team go” response to almost any topic never ceases to amaze.

Maybe because I’m a moderate conservative? However, I do share some liberal views. I’ve never had a problem with gays. Why have an issue with someone born that way? I’m for legalization of mj. I’m a pragmatist when it comes to abortion, and I’m not into religion. 

Maybe because I’m a moderate conservative? However, I do share some liberal views. I’ve never had a problem with gays. Why have an issue with someone born that way? I’m for legalization of mj. I’m a pragmatist when it comes to abortion, and I’m not into religion. 

I agree with everything you’ve written in this post. I used to consider myself a moderate republican too, difference being I f’ing can’t stomach Trump and will not vote for anyone who kisses his ass. But I agree with SalinasSpartan. I never would have guessed you consider yourself a moderate. Funny how info is lost in translation on a message board. 

On 5/22/2020 at 3:36 PM, toonkee said:

didn't watch the video but the title is accurate. A message was sent loud and clear when Warren couldn't even get out of the starting blocks, and Bernie, who according to polling was the most popular politician in America, got dismissed when stuff started getting real. Issues #1, #2 and #3 for the left/dems is getting rid of Trump. Everything else can wait. 

Because I'm old, I can say from some degree of experience that there hasn't been a greater imperative in a presidential election since the sixties than getting the current incumbent out of office as the guy has been a blight on the country for 3.5 years. So although I'm no longer a Democrat and think the party is often run by drooling fools, I won't for a minute criticize their determination to nominate the candidate with the best chance of ridding our country of the stench of Trump.

35 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Has anyone actually met a real Biden supporter?  I've never even seen one myself, certainly haven't seen any posters on this board that are Biden supporters either.  

Having checked, you live in a county which is 92.6% white and in which just 36.6% of the voters cast their ballot for the Democrat in the last presidential election.

And if you're referring to how the vote will go this November, you might want to consider the hatred so many of us have for your candidate.

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Has anyone actually met a real Biden supporter?  I've never even seen one myself, certainly haven't seen any posters on this board that are Biden supporters either.  

I knew of a few around town during the primary, but certainly there weren't many. Like I said, this election is about Trump, be you Dem or R. 

I’m not a huge fan. I don’t know anyone who is. I just can’t stomach Trump. And if Trump can play President, ANYONE can play President. 

14 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I’m not a huge fan. I don’t know anyone who is. I just can’t stomach Trump. And if Trump can play President, ANYONE can play President. 

This. The guy was awful during the Clarence Thomas hearings and he voted to invade Iraq. But even though he stinks like urine, his opponent smells like shit.

Guest #1Stunner

I can clearly see that "you ain't black".  Per Joe Biden, all real black people are Joe Biden supporters.