Jump to content
retrofade

General Election Smackdown: Former Vice President Joe Biden vs. President Donald Trump (feat. Libertarian Jo Jorgensen)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Maybe I just see it differently.  If I was working for a man that I believed was a threat to national security I’d probably be raising alarm bells left and right. And I would go down kicking and screaming, reputation be damned.  History would remember me as a patriot regardless of what Fox News said today.  

Isn't that effectively what Mattis did?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it is starting to look like Trump is trying to keep the GOP in line. Maybe there is a little rebellion brewing.

Earlier today his tweet was that those not supporting him in the GOP were RINO's or stupid.

Later he posted two tweets to basically tell GOP politicians they need his backing to get reelected.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Maybe I just see it differently.  If I was working for a man that I believed was a threat to national security I’d probably be raising alarm bells left and right. And I would go down kicking and screaming, reputation be damned.  History would remember me as a patriot regardless of what Fox News said today.  

Depends if you had a family and needed health insurance and/or a monthly income.   Pretty hard to throw away a career for which you have worked 15-20 years.  Do you ruin your kids chances at a college education for (you hope) 2 years of Trump?   Do you make a sick spouse lose health care?   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

To me it is starting to look like Trump is trying to keep the GOP in line. Maybe there is a little rebellion brewing.

Earlier today his tweet was that those not supporting him in the GOP were RINO's or stupid.

Later he posted two tweets to basically tell GOP politicians they need his backing to get reelected.

 

Classic authoritarian. If he wins he will turn even more so on the Justice Department and Defense.   Control them and he can do whatever he wants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last candidate Trump endorsed got destroyed by a 24 year old.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Isn't that effectively what Mattis did?

Same with Bolton and he is being trashed.   Kelly said he believed Vindman more than Trump and the US Senate agreed if the President wants it... it becomes in the national interest.  A decision that will live in infamy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mugtang said:

First CNN doesn’t have the best track record with Trump. They’re to Trump what Fox News was to Obama.  
 

Second, if those people were so concerned why didn’t they 1) Resign in protest 2) Go immediately public with their concerns or 3) push to invoke the 25th amendment? 

Points taken, but what exactly in that article isn't believable considering what so many people have said over and over again, as well as the things we've witnessed in front of our eyes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, azgreg said:

The last candidate Trump endorsed got destroyed by a 24 year old.

Probably partially why he is trying to get the party in line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Points taken, but what exactly in that article isn't believable considering what so many people have said over and over again, as well as the things we've witnessed in front of our eyes?

I’m not saying it’s not believable.  Just playing devils advocate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why should individuals risk their careers when politicians refuse to do theirs?

Aside from trump himself, McConnell is equally responsible for this mess. You can probably toss all of Congress in there. Bolton's claim that the dems failed to adequately scope out all of his crimes. That one is a little tougher for me to swallow given our partisan country but in hindsight they should have done more and worried less about the calendar.

For 4 years I have been saying the giant orange turd is manifestly unfit for the job. I warned checks and balances only work when all parties respect the laws.

But even I am a bit shocked at how woefully this has worked out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida Presidential Poll Oct. 21, 2016 (Real Clear Politics)

Clinton 48.3%
Trump 44%

Wisconsin Oct. 23 2016

Clinton 45.2%
Trump 39%

Mich. Oct 10, 2016

Clinton 47.3%
Trump 39.7%

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Florida Presidential Poll Oct. 21, 2016 (Real Clear Politics)

Clinton 48.3%
Trump 44%

Wisconsin Oct. 23 2016

Clinton 45.2%
Trump 39%

Mich. Oct 10, 2016

Clinton 47.3%
Trump 39.7%

Catholic Church once insisted the Earth was the center of the universe - The Church has been discredited forever !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My communist wife told me today that she would be actually excited to vote for a Biden ticket if he picks Tammy Duckworth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smltwnrckr said:

My communist wife told me today that she would be actually excited to vote for a Biden ticket if he picks Tammy Duckworth. 

She did not duck the question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

She did not duck the question 

Half Baked Reaction GIF

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Biden stating he would only serve 1 term, his VP choice is important.

I too like Duckworth

I would be ok with Harris. I also like Warren but I think she's too old. Whomever the VP is will be primed to run for prez in 4 years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×