retrofade

General Election Smackdown: Former Vice President Joe Biden vs. President Donald Trump (feat. Libertarian Jo Jorgensen)

13 hours ago, happycamper said:

Everyone other than Bob is a Democrat???

You’ve accused me of being racist.

An interesting stat I saw from FiveThirtyEight is that Biden is only the 3rd candidate in the polling era to be over 50% at this point of the election. The other 2 were Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 84. Both won 49 states

Don't worry, Trumpublicans, he's doing just fine.

38 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Just how low has the bar been set when these tweets look normal?  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I’m glad Trump continues to destroy complacency in the Democratic base.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

I’m glad Trump continues to destroy complacency in the Democratic base.

He is also trying today to stamp out dissent in the Republican party. Republicans who disagree with him are now stupid.

The Trumpsters are the actual RINO's.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, azgreg said:

The Trumpsters are the actual RINO's.

Excellent point. You win the Internet today!

20 hours ago, sebasour said:

An interesting stat I saw from FiveThirtyEight is that Biden is only the 3rd candidate in the polling era to be over 50% at this point of the election. The other 2 were Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 84. Both won 49 states

No way does a candidate from either side wins 49 states these days - states have polarized into D or R states .........though I will say that D leaning states could go red, where current R strongholds are extremely unlikely to ever flip to a D candidate 

Back pre Fox News & right wing radio, landslides weren't impossible as states had more voters that weren't always in their lane........since the 1990's lots of states have moved R or D and haven't really moved away over the last 30 years 

No way does AL, MS, WY, ID, UT to name a few flip to D..........just as it's unlikely CA, NY, MA would flip to R

So if things stay as they are for 2020, the Dem candidate will get 20.4% of the 270 required electoral votes just from CA alone (55 of 270) add in NY's 29 & those two states alone are 31.1% of the 270, so almost to 1/3rd of the way with two states.........which is why if TX (38) & FL (29) ever become swing states where Dems have a chance, those four states combine for 151 Electoral votes or 55.9% of the 270 needed.........4 states could put a candidate over half way home.

And these are probably only going increase after the 2020 election when reapportionment is updated 

270towin.com has D at 183 & R at 116 for pretty much locked in states for both parties 

00B50F3D-9523-4EC4-B238-629CAAFCF583.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

First CNN doesn’t have the best track record with Trump. They’re to Trump what Fox News was to Obama.  

Second, if those people were so concerned why didn’t they 1) Resign in protest 2) Go immediately public with their concerns or 3) push to invoke the 25th amendment? 

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

First CNN doesn’t have the best track record with Trump. They’re to Trump what Fox News was to Obama.  

Second, if those people were so concerned why didn’t they 1) Resign in protest 2) Go immediately public with their concerns or 3) push to invoke the 25th amendment? 

I agree which was why I said interesting if true...  

also you know why they didn’t as the impeachment hearings showed what happens when do.   Whistle blower protections only exist if the Senate will act which they won’t.  Hell even Inspector Generals have been fired. 

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

CNN might not but Carl Bernstein sure as hell does.

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I agree which was why I said interesting if true...  

also you know why they didn’t as the impeachment hearings showed what happens when do.   Whistle blower protections only exist if the Senate will act which they won’t.  Hell even Inspector Generals have been fired. 

Maybe I just see it differently.  If I was working for a man that I believed was a threat to national security I’d probably be raising alarm bells left and right. And I would go down kicking and screaming, reputation be damned.  History would remember me as a patriot regardless of what Fox News said today.  

• Cheers 1

On 6/28/2020 at 12:22 AM, 415hawaiiboy said:

Tammy Duckworth getting some love in the NYT for VP.  The argument is compelling (even without the Hawaii ties).  Would definitely match the Biden mantra of voting to “restore decency.”

52 year old, former Illinois head of the VA, two time Congresswoman, and in her 4th year as Senator; has the national experience to be POTUS if Biden can’t make it.  She is half Thai and White.  Grew up poor, became a female combat helicopter pilot, and her Blackhawk got shot down in Iraq and she lost both legs.  Embarked on a comeback and is being considered for VP.  She’s moderate, somewhat pro-gun, but also said “I would leap into a burning fire to pull that flag to safety, but I will fight to the death for your right to burn it“ which should fire up the progressives and be acceptable (actually fire them up too with her military service) for the military supporters.

She doesn’t have the baggage of some of the 2020 female candidates for POTUS.  She’s the first one to call Trump “cadet bone spurs.”  She’s can be tough. She’s also a mother of two little kids.

Who aged 30-45 years old didn’t like Duck Tales?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/opinion/sunday/tammy-duckworth-biden-2020.html

I've been a big fan of hers for awhile now.

I believe her opening salvo was "she didn't need a lecture on military readiness from a 5 deferment draft dodging cadet bone spurs"

She got both those shots in on him. She's awesome.

• Like 1