Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

I would like to point out @soupslam is very, very clever.  More than most you know.  He is clearly conservative on here but he uses your arguments to provide thoughtful debate on BC.  I would say many on Bronco Country would consider him liberal.

He is MWCboarding for all t he right reasons.  He has conservative tenants and beliefs he will always hold but he is taking A LOT from this place.   

9 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Yeesh - these numbers are horrendous for trump

He's gonna win

4 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

How I think it will shape out if things remain somewhat the same

krzkZ.png

Biden will hold onto the upper Midwest this time around, and will win the popular vote by 3-4 points. Trump will eke out AZ, NC, and FL, and win comfortably in GA, OH, and TX.

MT and ID??

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would like to point out @soupslam is very, very clever.  More than most you know.  He is clearly conservative on here but he uses your arguments to provide thoughtful debate on BC.  I would say many on Bronco Country would consider him liberal.

He is MWCboarding for all t he right reasons.  He has conservative tenants and beliefs he will always hold but he is taking A LOT from this place.   

I have noticed a shift in his dialogue in the last month or two. Less combative. More engaging. I've seen that from other conservatives as well. I sometimes consider they made a pact on this or something. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

He's gonna win

MT and ID??

Lol, oops. You get the point though.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

5 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

How I think it will shape out if things remain somewhat the same

krzkZ.png

Biden will hold onto the upper Midwest this time around, and will win the popular vote by 3-4 points. Trump will eke out AZ, NC, and FL, and win comfortably in GA, OH, and TX.

Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming shown as Democrat. Yeah that makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming shown as Democrat. Yeah that makes sense. 

I was only paying attention to swing states. Obviously those are going Red. Not that it matters 

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

Meanwhile, in Joe Biden desperately needs them to vote for him land...

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2020/06/24/letter-to-washington-grosse-pointe-woods-325641?__twitter_impression=true

I don’t know what to make of this. It feels like Trump is going to be crushed. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Meanwhile, in Joe Biden desperately needs them to vote for him land...

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2020/06/24/letter-to-washington-grosse-pointe-woods-325641?__twitter_impression=true

I don’t know what to make of this. It feels like Trump is going to be crushed. 

That was an interesting article. 

Black folks are rightfully disillusioned with the Democratic Party, but how that will affect turnout is an unknown. I’m not sure it will: the alternative of Trump weighs heavy. The specter of this alternative is even more visceral with his handling of Corona and the Floyd killing. 

56 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

That was an interesting article. 

Black folks are rightfully disillusioned with the Democratic Party, but how that will affect turnout is an unknown. I’m not sure it will: the alternative of Trump weighs heavy. The specter of this alternative is even more visceral with his handling of Corona and the Floyd killing. 

Saw something about how polling has Biden at 92-8 vs trump 

7 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

This is way off.  While that may be the chance he wins each state in a theoretical election held today - the actual uncertainty from now until November is far greater than that.  There is no way the probability of Trump winning Florida in November is >65%.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

This is way off.  While that may be the chance he wins each state in a theoretical election held today - the actual uncertainty from now until November is far greater than that.  There is no way the probability of Trump winning Florida in November is >65%.

This data fluctuates daily as polling & events play out - Not sure I agree with the narrative at upper left that trump could win MN & WI - Think at best trump maybe gets one, but not both 

Always say, that FL is the one to watch - trump has to have FL, if not those 29 EV's are hard to make up, meaning trump can't lose many swings states and needs to hold traditional red states like AZ 

Have a feeling that we will know early on election day as to which way the election might go..........if we see massive turnout, I think that's bad for trump, and if FL gets called for Biden early, then does that affect the late turnout in the western swings states, which if people think trump has lost, does that allow trump to grab AZ & NV out west as late turnout wanes among Dems - But this also would need to happen under a normal election atmosphere, meaning people vote at voting locations and not by mail-in ballot  

8 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Voter registrations are down big time with the pandemic.  Bad news for Biden.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/voter-registrations-are-way-way-down-during-the-pandemic/

Gop made some small gains in Nevada during DVM / motor voter shutdown, but before the shutdown republicans in NV were getting crushed in voter reg, even Washoe County became right about even in D vs R registrations which has never happened 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Gop made some small gains in Nevada during DVM / motor voter shutdown, but before the shutdown republicans in NV were getting crushed in voter reg, even Washoe County became right about even in D vs R registrations which has never happened 

Washoe County still a tiny tiny D lead

Party Active Voters
Democratic    95,655
Republican 95,448
Nonpartisan   55,774
Other 17,209
Total 264,086

Clark County has piled up a huge Dem lead over R's........just the Non-Partisan voters in Clark are more than the total of all voters in Washoe County :huh:

Party Active Voters
Democratic 481,360
Republican 326,303
Nonpartisan 269,922
Other 65,964
Total 1,143,549

30 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Voter registrations are down big time with the pandemic.  Bad news for Biden.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/voter-registrations-are-way-way-down-during-the-pandemic/

Purge of old & non-active voters could hurt Biden some, but then the GOP has been lagging nationally for a few years which can't be good for R's overall - NP's are surging & who knows which way they break.

But if this is a reality it helps Biden I would say

Danny Turkel, the communications manager for Voto Latino, said the group has actually seen a surge in voter registration, especially since protests in response to the killing of George Floyd began. “Our original goal entering 2020 was to register 500,000 voters,” said Turkel. “As the numbers have come in and surged, we are now thinking that we could surpass 500,000.”