Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Cirero and Hortensius were as friendly as could be expected when vying for supremacy among citizens in the cutthroat days of the end of the Republic.

See. I like Hillary in that role. Smart, but half as smart as she thought. Vying for power against each other behind the scenes, while outwardly friendly, all in the cutthroat days of the end of this Republic. It's not perfect, but I think it works.

Just now, NVGiant said:

See. I like Hillary in that role. Smart, but half as smart as she thought. Vying for power against each other behind the scenes, while outwardly friendly, all in the cutthroat days of the end of this Republic. It's not perfect, but I think it works.

This was fun, thanks.

Waiting for lawlor to tell us to calm down.

3 hours ago, tspoke said:

Of course. I said that a while ago that they were setting the bar so low for Biden by talking about how "sleepy" he was and the dementia talk, that as long as Biden didn't end up drooling all over himself it would be a win. Looks like they realized this and are trying to change the narrative. Not sure it's going to work after all the dementia Joe talk. 

I don't see it that way. I think this comment is all about some brilliant strategy by our brilliant president to get Biden off his game.

Well placed sources assure me that the result will be a resounding victory for our beloved president.

6 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

TDS-Q folks are really going to be devastated when the Trump hidden voter % is double from 2016. So nationally, it averaged about 3%. In 2016, it averaged 4.3% in the big battleground states, so double that. Seems to good to be true and probably is, but two studies have been down and they both come to that conclusion. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

TDS-Q folks are really going to be devastated when the Trump hidden voter % is double from 2016. So nationally, it averaged about 3%. In 2016, it averaged 4.3% in the big battleground states, so double that. Seems to good to be true and probably is, but two studies have been down and they both come to that conclusion. 

How do pollsters collect their data now? In the old days when everyone in the country had a landline and caller ID wasn't a thing it was easy. 

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

If Trump wins the howling from the left will be insane. They will literally sh** themselves and have seizures. In 2016 I tried to not spike the football immediately after the election because things were raw after a long campaign. I have family members who were pretty shaken up over 2016 and literally thought Trump would start launching nukes 5 minutes after inauguration.  After 4 years of phony collusion scandals, baseless attempts at impeachment, the way Kavanaugh was treated, and multiple instances of fake outrage I will definitely spike the football if Trump wins in 2020. 

If Trump loses, unlike the left I will move on with my life the best I can. 

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

How do pollsters collect their data now? In the old days when everyone in the country had a landline and caller ID wasn't a thing it was easy. 

I've been getting pollster text messages.

I definitely think the polls could be considerably different than reality given the shift to mail-in ballots.  I would think voter turnout is greatly increased in this election - generally that helps democrats.  But Trump seems to play well with some of those same demographics (uneducated unlikely voters). 

15 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Why would a billionaire need your money?

I just watched that ad, and it just went over the heads of 95% of the viewers. So he’s made some good money being the top IT guy for Trumps company. And it’s not much money at all. He pays Laura Trump 15,000 per month to campaign all over the country. That probably also covers her travel expenses which would be high. Even if it wasn’t, $180k per year isn’t even remotely scandalous. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Why would a billionaire need your money?

The best part about that ad, is that they only ran it in DC, and Trump started asking questions about how much money Parscale was making immediately thereafter.

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Every time I see the anything about the Lincoln Project, I think of that TDS-Q fat face fvck guy, George Conway all freaked out like someone just took away the double cheeseburger in his hand. 

And every time I read something like this I think about the fact that fat face fvck managed to marry a woman hot enough two decades ago that they produced a daughter who now looks like this (and for 53, the mother still ain't half bad, if she'd just keep her mouth shut):

Who is Claudia Conway? Meet Kellyanne Conway's outspoken daughter 

Bottom line is I'm no fan of George Conway but that short fat guy has done pretty well for himself.

9 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I've been getting pollster text messages.

I definitely think the polls could be considerably different than reality given the shift to mail-in ballots.  I would think voter turnout is greatly increased in this election - generally that helps democrats.  But Trump seems to play well with some of those same demographics (uneducated unlikely voters). 

Possibly though when you shift from registered voters to assumed likely voters it generally favors Trump.   The new ABC polls shows Biden leading among registered voters and Trump leading among likely voters in AZ.  It’s a one off but my son did not vote last election.  Even though he will be in Croatia during this election he went to great lengths to vote this year.   

15 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Even though he will be in Croatia during this election he went to great lengths to vote this year.   

How's he like it there?  My wife and I have talked about retiring somewhere like that (in like 30 years).  You can find some good property on the water for cheap.  And it's relatively close to lots of stuff in Europe.