retrofade

General Election Smackdown: Former Vice President Joe Biden vs. President Donald Trump (feat. Libertarian Jo Jorgensen)

Since we have our general election candidates already, there's no need for the Democratic Thunderdome thread any longer. Nor is there a need for Convert to create another thread every time his pants get a little tight because of the latest Trump television ad. 

Damn, even without the pandemic lockdowns, this is going to be a very long six months, three weeks, and two days. 

Very long is an understatement. Wake me up on election day. -_-

I think Biden will increase his chances of winning if he selects a VP candidate from a swing state like Klobuchar from Minnesota.  Choosing Kamala Harris (CA) won’t help much with winning any of the rust belt states IMO.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RamSack said:

I think Biden will increase his chances of winning if he selects a VP candidate from a swing state like Klobuchar from Minnesota.  Choosing Kamala Harris (CA) won’t help much with winning any of the rust belt states IMO.

I think the list his team is putting together looks something like this...

• Amy Klobuchar
  • Kamala Harris
  • Tammy Duckworth
  • Michelle Lujan Grisham
  • Catherine Cortez Masto
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Stacey Abrams 
  • Gretchen Whitmer
  • Tammy Baldwin

Of that list, I think it's going to be Klobuchar, Lujan Grisham, Cortez Masto, or Duckworth. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

• Amy Klobuchar
  • Kamala Harris
  • Tammy Duckworth
  • Michelle Lujan Grisham
  • Catherine Cortez Masto
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Stacey Abrams 
  • Gretchen Whitmer
  • Tammy Baldwin

Of that list, I think it's going to be Klobuchar, Lujan Grisham, Cortez Masto, or Duckworth. 

I think it will be Klobuchar or Whitmer.   Either of which would be a good choice.  

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

• Amy Klobuchar
  • Kamala Harris
  • Tammy Duckworth
  • Michelle Lujan Grisham
  • Catherine Cortez Masto
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Stacey Abrams 
  • Gretchen Whitmer
  • Tammy Baldwin

Abrams would bring back the sanders contingent 

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

• Amy Klobuchar
  • Kamala Harris
  • Tammy Duckworth
  • Michelle Lujan Grisham
  • Catherine Cortez Masto
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Stacey Abrams 
  • Gretchen Whitmer
  • Tammy Baldwin

What about Katie Porter out of CA? While Californian she seems to act more like a midwestern. Also would be a good attack dog type of Veep.

5 hours ago, RamSack said:

I'm been dissuaded from thinking Stacey Abrams would be a good choice. In today's LA Times there's an op-ed by a couple college professors who have studied VP selections and their survey data suggests that the most beneficial attribute for a VP choice is experience at the national level and Abrams has none. I suspect Biden will select Harris because she's also a POC but as you say, California is in the bag whereas Klobuchar as a more moderate senator from the Midwest would not only guarantee her home state but help with Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and less populous proximate states like Iowa.

3 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

biden will lose.

Not so fast ....

157994CF-248D-4644-A452-DA90E6CE0B34.jpeg.e4d6b0e13835caf0f47a6bc9ccfc70f6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Bernie has officially endorsed Biden.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Bernie has officially endorsed Biden.

If you look up the definition of "Cuck" in the dictionary you would see a picture of Bernie Sanders. I've never seen a candidate get phucked over so many times by his own party just to turn around and support them time and time again, even turning on his own supporters while established Democrats continue to talk shit. When the DNC tells Bernie to fall in line he locks step. What a phucking pushover. 

10 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

If you look up the definition of "Cuck" in the dictionary you would see a picture of Bernie Sanders. I've never seen a candidate get phucked over so many times by his own party just to turn around and support them time and time again, even turning on his own supporters while established Democrats continue to talk shit. When the DNC tells Bernie to fall in line he locks step. What a phucking pushover. 

Wait, Bernie has horns?

On 4/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

What about Katie Porter out of CA? While Californian she seems to act more like a midwestern. Also would be a good attack dog type of Veep.

Katie Porter is extremely intelligent.  She's always prepared, as she says being a former professor one has to be.  If Biden wins, I would bet he'll appoint Porter in a cabinet position. 

22 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

His own party?

Phuck Bernie.

24 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Why do you say that.  He was significantly behind in the votes 

On 4/12/2020 at 7:53 AM, retrofade said:

Since we have our general election candidates already, there's no need for the Democratic Thunderdome thread any longer. Nor is there a need for Convert to create another thread every time his pants get a little tight because of the latest Trump television ad. 

Damn, even without the pandemic lockdowns, this is going to be a very long six months, three weeks, and two days. 

Sorry, dude. There’s going to be plenty of unique threads about the election just like there always has been (unless mug changes things). No one has time to read through 139 pages of smack on a general long thread. If it’s broken out a bit with more threads, people can decide what topic about the election they want to waste their time on. FYI, 1st ad I’ve posted about. You just don’t like to find out you were wrong about things like Gary Locke being an innocent American citizen. 

30 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

1. Using "cuck" just makes you sound like an idiot from 4chan/the_donald
  2. How was he phucked over? He didn't get the votes he needed. Biden got a clutch endorsement before SC, and then three of them before Super Tuesday. The rest was history. Notice how not even Warren or Gabbard endorsed Bernie? There's a reason for that... and it's not because he's being phucked over. 
  3. He's not even a Democrat, so he couldn't be phucked over by "his own" party.
  • Like 1