Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

GAME THREAD: 2020 United States Presidential Election, featuring the Battle for Control of the Senate and the House

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I can't fault you for feeling that way. It's actually how I felt in 2016, and why I voted for Gary Johnson. This time around, I don't feel the same way, and I don't feel it's a sacrifice of who I am and what I believe to vote for Biden this year. I would have felt like voting for Trump or Hillary in 2016 was though. 

I'm looking forward to the possibility of the Democrats capturing the White House and the Senate while keeping the House. Then I can spend my time ranting about them overstepping instead of Trump debasing the country, the office, and our collective dignity.

I agree.  It’s why I voted Johnson in 2016.  But you ought to have a line somewhere where protecting the structures of the country supersede any one issue.   As I outlined, Trump has crossed that line for me.   Not a huge Biden fan but I will put up with 4 years to get rid of Trump.   

5 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

I really do appreciate voting your conscience (I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012), but personally, since people I know and love are undocumented, I don’t have the luxury of voting third party. A Trump presidency is an imminent danger to vulnerable communities. This wouldn’t necessarily be the case if a prototypical Republican was running. Yes, Biden is terrible, but the harm reduction in his presidency is worth it

AND despite his having lied about several things during his lengthy career of public service, he'd have to tell a dozen lies every day for the rest of his life to have any chance of matching what Trump has done in just the last 3.5 years. Furthermore, the only "evidence" of his being a "sexual predator" is the word of one former member of his staff whose story was apparently so full of holes that the attorney she retained unretained himself and despite all the ambulance chaser lawyers there are, unless I've missed it, none have stepped into the breach so boy is that woman credible.

The only things I really object to when it comes to Uncle Joe is how he botched the Clarence Thomas hearing (immense cluster****) and his support for the Cheney/Dubya fiasco in Iraq (but his voting no wouldn't have stopped it anyway). As to Biden's alleged dementia, it's a fact that the guy has said some stupid things for decades but it's also a fact that a significant part of that is attributable to a stuttering problem he's never been able to totally shake. And in any event, if he wins in November he won't run for reelection. But THAT said, if the Republicans are so GD stupid as to run two more Trumps, the Democrats are likely to hold the White House for 16 years. Think about THAT, pokerider. :USFlag:

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I can't fault you for feeling that way. It's actually how I felt in 2016, and why I voted for Gary Johnson. This time around, I don't feel the same way, and I don't feel it's a sacrifice of who I am and what I believe to vote for Biden this year. I would have felt like voting for Trump or Hillary in 2016 was though. 

I'm looking forward to the possibility of the Democrats capturing the White House and the Senate while keeping the House. Then I can spend my time ranting about them overstepping instead of Trump debasing the country, the office, and our collective dignity.

It’s your choice dude, it’s a free country. I’m not going to get on your case for voting for a senile old man who lied about his education, uses disparaging comments about Indian Americans, voted against desegregating schools, led the passage of the 1994 Crime Bill, demands Black people obediently vote for him, fondles women and children, and who said Barack Obama was the first intelligent and articulate Black man. Carry on! :D 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

What is this "harm reduction"? Biden won't do anything better except raise taxes and make Liberals feel good about themselves.

Do you really think Biden will fix anything? He is just as bad as Trump except he is blue instead of red. For +++++s sake he sniffs children and nibbles on fingers. He's gross.

I think secretly Dems hope Biden dies in office and his woman VP inherits the presidency. He's off his rocker and seems lost.

Maybe they'll have Hill-Dog fire up the suicide machine.

11 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I think secretly Dems hope Biden dies in office and his woman VP inherits the presidency. He's off his rocker and seems lost.

Maybe they'll have Hill-Dog fire up the suicide machine.

There's reason to think that if Biden was to receive a professional diagnosis of senility, he would step down. If Trump received such a diagnosis it would take a "Marshall McComb" proceeding to get rid of him: https://www.nytimes.com/1977/05/03/archives/california-justice-called-senile-is-ordered-by-tribunal-to-retire.html

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Trump already makes Nixon look like a good guy in comparison.   So tell us where exactly is the line or could the entire country self destruct while you hold firm?

ready richard nixon GIF

OR

donald trump dancing GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

38 minutes ago, CV147 said:

What is this "harm reduction"? Biden won't do anything better except raise taxes and make Liberals feel good about themselves.

Do you really think Biden will fix anything? He is just as bad as Trump except he is blue instead of red. For +++++s sake he sniffs children and nibbles on fingers. He's gross.

Delaware finger steaks. 

Tasty stuff.

joe biden ladies GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

He won't deport and intern people who are vulnerable and already living here. That's the harm reduction. That and police departments that violate black people's civil rights will actually be held to account.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

4 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

He won't deport and intern people who are vulnerable and already living here. That's the harm reduction. That and police departments that violate black people's civil rights will actually be held to account.

First part yes. Second part lol. 

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I don't know, didn't Obama's DOJ hold the city of Ferguson's "feet to the fire"?

Not really. I mean, I can’t remember anything of substance. Please educate me If I’m mistaken. Also, Biden isn’t Obama.

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

Oh come on.  How disingenuous can you be....

Biden is not going to fire US Attorney’s investigating his friends Mid-term

Biden isn’t going to fire Inspector Generals looking into waste and fraud Mid-term

Biden isn’t going to mis-use funds by coming up with bogus national emergencies

Biden has already released his taxes to prevent self dealing.  

Biden isn’t going to ask foreign governments to investigate his political rivals

Biden isn’t going to issue executive orders mandating 10 year prison sentences for those who protest against him.  

Biden isn’t going to advocate for the confederate flag and say some white supremacists are good people.

Biden isn’t going to use the regular army to disperse peaceful protestors 

36 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

How about deport people who are legal residents for ridiculous reasons?

20 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not really. I mean, I can’t remember anything of substance. Please educate me If I’m mistaken. Also, Biden isn’t Obama.

Obama's DOJ forced Ferguson to adopt several changes:

Justice Department and Ferguson negotiators tentatively agreed to policing reforms in January. But the agreement stalled last month, as the Ferguson City Council raised concerns about costs. But the Justice Department threatened a lawsuit, and told Ferguson officials that their cost concerns were inflated, pushing city officials to finally accept the agreement.

The reported agreement, known as a "consent decree," is very broad. It requires that the city equip all officers who are "reasonably expected to regularly interact with the public" with body cameras within 180 days. It tasks the Ferguson Police Department with reorienting its use-of-force policies to emphasize deescalation and avoid force. It forces the city to overhaul its municipal court system. It mandates a community-oriented approach to policing.

Most importantly, it requires an independent monitor to oversee implementation of these reforms and many others — as is standard with the federal interventions into local police departments.

Unfortunately, Trump's administration has dismantled most of the department which oversees the consent decree.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ferguson-justice-department-police-reform-trump-pattern-or-practice_n_5d4b18b3e4b0066eb70bad87

Why do you think Biden will govern much differently than Obama?